Lockheed Martin

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

15years working for Lockheed Martin

Current Employee - Program Manager
Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ethics - great focus on ethics, there may be a few bad apples but overall the company places a focus on ethics.
Great place to work with lots of opportunities to move to many different areas of the company
Leadership Programs are extremely strong and graduating from a Lockheed Martin leadership program is a major accomplishment and honor.
Exciting programs
Lockheed Martin employees take pride in work and never forget who they are working for

Cons

the company as a whole is very site centric and senior leaders like to see someone face to face all the time. Sharing work across sites could be improved without moving employees

2666 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Great value overall in compensation/flexibility, a few irks specific to the department

Current Employee - Cost Analyst in Palmdale, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Cost Analyst in Palmdale, CA (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salary itself is good, although factoring in the 401K company matching (up to 4%) + company retirement contributions (3%), and divide that by the average number of hours per work week (usually 45 or less), then consider in the job security, I would say the overall value is quite high. Part time telecommuting is a great perk that allows alot of flexibility and life balance.

Cons

As a company, I'd agree with the consensus that growth/promotions are slow (if you can wait around ten years, things should be quite different), value of health benefits are decreasing over time, excessive number of management positions with seemingly vague and overlapping repsonsibilities, wide disparity in terms of workloads/accountabilty/rewards between departments (or even between people in the same cubical) and too many talented newcomers are would-be movers and shakers that get frustrated and leave because of the status quo (unfortunately, leaving the B team in the leadership pipeline to run the company).

It would benefit morale and productivity if the company to become more meritocratic.

Great co-workers, great work-life balance, very good pay.

Current Employee - Quality Engineer Staff in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer Staff in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My co-workers have been great. We get paid really quite well in comparison to others in my field. The work-life balance is great.

Cons

The health insurance is expensive for a family. With government budget cuts, the company is in a cost cutting mode, which means that things such as outside training and conferences are pretty much a thing of the past. It seems that the culture can be a bit too insular, whereby people here don't keep up with outside trends in their areas of expertise.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin