A Good Career in Engineering

Current Employee - Systems Engineering Manager  in  Owego, NY (US)
Current Employee - Systems Engineering Manager in Owego, NY (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Lockeed Martin is a highly ethical company. Not only that, they are concerned with their impact on the community and the environment. They are great in terms of work-life balance, with flex time, telecommuting and work at home options.

Cons

As with most large companies, raises and promotions aren't entirely merit-based. The system is designed to meet market-averages for salary and position over time (performance based), which doesn't translate into rapid results.

Remember Lockheed Martin is not just an air-frame company. Much of our business in the future will be in Information Technology. Focus training and development on preparing for these opportunities.

Other Reviews for Lockheed Martin

If you have anything going for you....chances are you will leave Lockheed Martin

Current Employee - Production Controller  in  Grand Prairie, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Production Controller in Grand Prairie, TX (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Stress free job, 40 hours a week at the max, goo starting salary, good health insurance, ERP system is pretty easy to learn.

Cons

Bureaucratic, no merit raises, doesn't groom talent, I feel like they are out to get me.

Why dont you talk to your employees about how they feel about things? You only come to talk to us when you have something at? How does that make us feel?

Get your 5 years of experience and find an exit strategy.

Current Employee - Systems Integration and Test Engineer Senior  in  King of Prussia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Integration and Test Engineer Senior in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Decent Pay, relaxed hours, life work balance

Cons

This is not a company for career growth. Get your 5 years of experience and find an exit strategy. Functional Management's main goal is to keep labor cost low.

PRS is not working. The difference in annual salary based on performance between 1 and 2 is at most 2-3% but the effort put in to get a 1 vs a 2 can be as large as 60 hours per week vs 45 hours per week.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!