iPlace Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Hank Levine

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work environment is healthy and vibrant (in 61 reviews)

• Open door policy, clear structure, opportunity to grow (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons as everything till date is transparent (in 16 reviews)

• Cafeteria food not available for late night shift (in 7 reviews)

"Very happy to be part of dynamic company! :-)"

Current Employee - Sourcer in Pune (India)

I have been working at iPlace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my first job and I just loved the past two years here at iPlace. I liked the training program a lot. I went through one-month classroom training and one month on job training. The trainer is a powerhouse of knowledge as she has been with iPlace since inception. She is the first employee and it takes a good employer to retain the first employee for such a long tenure. The mentors and the energy level on the floor is a class apart. Mentors are young, dynamic and helpful in nature. I have worked with different teams and various accounts as a backup. I feel this phase (working as a backup) was the most important phase (not everyone likes to work as backups) as I learned and enhanced my sourcing skills a lot. I got hands on experience on various applicant tracking system, industries and job category. It was after this phase that I was so confident that I can deliver on any account. The team leads/managers encouraged me to attend client's work process flow call, weekly conference calls and design minutes of the meeting.

iPlace organises two parties in a year, which is crazy. You got to attend the party to know how crazy it is. Have you heard of a Spa in the office? No? iPlace has one! I have never heard of such a stuff in India where you can get a 15 min shoulder/head massage in the office.

The company holds a company wide board report every month. It feels like as if you are a board member of the company – there is complete transparency in the way the company operates and how it is doing. The company is getting into so many different ventures and it is so exciting to be part of this growing company. It is a fantastic place to learn and grow while having a lot of fun. iPlace have an open door policy and you are always heard by the management.

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Former CSO Responds to Previous Poster"

Former Employee - Chief Strategy Officer in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Chief Strategy Officer in Pune (India)

I worked at iPlace full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Excellent Office Space Specifically Designed for the Night Shift
    - Great mid-level leaders, especially those who went through the LDP
    - Best Benefits in Pune from Valet Parking to a Massage Center
    - Continuous Employee Development From Our Fabulous Women in the Training Department
    - Continuous Innovation through our iMakeaDifference Program
    - Best Talent Acquisition Team in Pune

Cons

- Okay, for real, Marketing needed an overhaul. If anything, your best friend blew it for herself. Beyond that I will not speak about it in a public forum. I loved her like a sister and it hurts me every day knowing she's not there leading the CSR program, but there are still many people just as dedicated and able to ensure CSR programs help the disenfranchised in Pune, be they human, animals, or the planet.
    - Also, absolutely not a fan of the black T-shirts either. iPlace is supposed to be filled with light. It's part of our brand and the black T-shirts, well look at the group photos before and after. Completely agree on this point.
    - On the Logo, they were probably trying to make the company look more like one company instead of two entities. However, I highly recommend the you change the "i" in iPlace to Green to bring back that colour. It's used on everything.
    - When it comes to me going the extra mile for my teams, Ghanshyam is there. He's an amazing professional. Even if you don't like the other C-Level employees, he will give you the time if you don't understand a new policy or why a change was made. It was a real privilege working with him and I am forever grateful for his counsel.

Advice to Management

It's time for some of the iPlace Leadership to grow up and put their big boy pants on and stop reacting and creating havoc on the floor. Professionalism comes from the top. I talked a lot about spotlight behaviors to anyone who would listen and did my best to be honest and authentic with every team member I had the privilege to work with. If you have read some of the negative comments here on glassdoor, many cite certain leaders and their lack of living up to the core values and the iPlace Pledge. Those people should have been mentored by the CEO and that has not been effective, even after several years. I tried my best to make this change but did not have the power to do so. My advice to to you, dear poster, is to disregard them. Do your job the best you can. Be better than them. Follow the core values and iPledge. Become a professional leader by signing up for the LDP program and learn how to run a business. The Training group has many fine programs to help you advance your skills. Many of our best ex-employees are running their own shops, here, in Dubai, the US, Kuala Lumpur and Australia. iPlace is a fantastic company to work for. You may not know it yet as this may be your first or second job, but, trust me, I've worked for 20 and I put iPlace way up there in the companies I would work for again if given the opportunity. There are a lot of the best people in Pune working there and I am very proud to be an ex-iPlacer and still keep my badge, It was a great place to learn, to work, make money, make friends, and I would do it all over again.

3. "New c level has all the comforts"

Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Pune City (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Pune City (India)

I have been working at iPlace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good and healthy atmosphere, you feel energetic working in the place.

Cons

The newly hired c level has all the benefits they can walk in and out of office anytime they feel like. They are not questioned. Other employees have to prove there physical presence at work by login and logout. But these new hires she can come to office whenever convenient. The company lie's about all the polices and the line the the CEO always tell we treat all employees equally is all fake. He just fakes everything he is a very egoistic man and he has hired a similar kind in the c level.

Advice to Management

Please make sure you have the HR induction done properly for all. And see that all your polices are same for all employees.

iPlace Response

23 Jan, 2018 – Chief Marketing Officer

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry to hear that you feel the company does not have same policies for all employees. I am happy that you feel energetic working at iPlace and... More

"iPlace | MyPlace | The Best Place"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pune (India)

I have been working at iPlace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best company to work with in terms of Salary, Work Life Balance, Work Environment, Work Culture. Proud to work with the best and the largest RPO in the "World".
    The benefits offered by my iPlace is un-comparable and I don't think so any company out there in the market can afford these kind of benefits for their employees. iPlace has always been, not on time but before time when it comes to the salary day (No Company Does that). The employee is paid their incentive on time and sometimes he/she is paid even if the client does not pay us on time. You work hard and work smart and you will get rewarded for the same. The management is super friendly with such an Awesome, Energtic and Cool leader "Mr. A". Overall iPlace is the best company to work for.

Cons

The recently promoted "Team Leads and Managers - Only", first need to learn people management along with just "Recruiting". They should actually concentrate on the Leadership development program that the company has to offer (which is an awesome program). Before they are given the responsibilities, the higher management should evaluate if they are ready to take on that additional challenge.

Advice to Management

No advice to the management as it is led by an Awesomly Perfect Leader "Mr. A".
    Strict Advice to the white HR Guy "Mr. U" to start giving importance to people's referrals as iPlace is a company that encourages referrals for a better team building. The white HR guy "Mr. U", please start giving importance to the "male" employees/candidates also, rather than just "female" employees/candidates, those who come for an interview or those who refer someone. Hope you get what I meant. ;)

6. "Awesome Company to work !!!"

I have been working at iPlace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. On time salary
    2. Friendly work environment
    3.aweosme location (World Tarde Center)

Cons

Nothing as of now. Great going

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

7. "Nice work place"

I have been working at iPlace full-time

Pros

Very nice work environment. A good place and people to work with

Cons

No cone as of now

"Crowd of College Dropouts and Unprofessionals"

Former Employee - Sourcer in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Sourcer in Pune (India)

I worked at iPlace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1.Good point of attraction.
    2.Nothing else.
    3.Nothing else.
    4.Nothing else.
    5.Nothing else.

Cons

There are some of the cons mentioned below. Before that I would like to mention that this company, whatever they show on social media about the company, work culture bla, bla, bla. They are not that. They have just taken a cloth to cover their faces,but the real monster is inside the cloth.

1. They dont follow core values. One of their core value is RESPECT, but after your classroom training when you are on OJT the mentor will treat you like a slave. They will taunt you.

2. The senior employees of the floor are in their own world. They will have the attitude like if they are working in Central Government. They dont have in their mind that they are with just a tiny organization which also cannot be called company as it is only a placement agency which is not even mentioned Wikipedia.

3. Most of the employees are College Dropouts who have not even completed their graduate degree and don't even have the sense to talk with the OJT (On job Training) people.

4. Anyone will come and will give philosophy without any reason.

5. All of them do the same work...i.e right from the recruiter to COO has to do same... Which is calling and asking for job.... So there is no point in promotion.

Advice to Management

The founders and key peoples are US peoples. Please take all the authorities to you. These college dropouts who are sitting in the management will take your company to loss.

iPlace Response

20 Dec, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. It is of the utmost importance to me that all our employees are valued and respected. What you describe bears no resemblance to the company so many iPlacers have worked very... More

9. "good experience so far"

I have been working at iPlace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lots of opportunities to grow

Cons

nothing really, so far everything is fine

"Wonderful company with the best work culture."

I have been working at iPlace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very helpful and understanding. Career growth solely depends upon performance.

Cons

The cafeteria food is not worth the money.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I worked at iPlace (More than a year)

Pros

They have good perks and

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Advice to Management

Nothing