TransLink Reviews

Found 109 of over 132 reviews

4.2
TransLink CEO Kevin Desmond
Kevin Desmond
Pros
  • "Great benefits and salary compensation(in 13 reviews)

• "good atmosphere, great benefits, work/life balance(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is a large organization therefore it can be difficult to get to know others across all divisions of the company(in 3 reviews)

• "I didn't find any cons associated with working there(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great colleagues, interesting work, a bit bureaucratic

Oct 20, 2021 - Senior Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed my time working at TransLink. I was an employee for nearly two years, serving in two different senior roles. The people in my division (communications, marketing, and public affairs) were extremely skilled, knowledgeable, and fun to work alongside. I made many friends during my time at TransLink and hope those friendships will endure because they are wonderful people. There were certainly times when the work was stressful, but I came from a high-stress environment with similar tight deadlines, so that didn’t bother me too much. I also found the subject matter interesting and ever-changing, which meant I was never bored.

Cons

I do think some divisions at TransLink can be overly bureaucratic, which means decision-making can be painfully slow. There is also a strange dynamic at TransLink where some office employees are unionized while others are not. Unfortunately, I felt that some people in unionized roles took advantage and would take a very long time to get even the simplest task done, not because the task takes long, but out of principle or as a weird flex. It's not uncommon to have to wait two weeks for your colleague to complete a simple task that takes only two minutes, which can be frustrating and leads to a weird dynamic amongst the team, and causes some resentment internally. I also think there are a lot of meetings at TransLink, which can make it challenging to actually get any work done. It’s not uncommon for people to block white space in their calendars just so they can focus on work for an hour or two each day and not get pulled into unnecessary meetings. This is a problem that management is aware of and they are working on finding a solution. Another common frustration is that HR takes forever to fill positions (again, too bureaucratic) which leads to pressure on the remaining employees to pick up the slack while their team is short-staffed. It’s not uncommon for positions to remain vacant for several months, due to how long it takes HR to approve positions, post them online, conduct interviews, tender an offer, etc. I was actually shocked at how long they take, to be honest, and I think they miss out on hiring some talented employees as a result of their bureaucratic HR processes.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent job

Oct 15, 2021 - Conventional Transit Operator in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balence, benefits and pension

Cons

Splits shifts, sitting all day

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to work

Oct 13, 2021 - Senior Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, salary, lots of opportunity to grow and move positions.

Cons

Can take a long time to get things done, which is common in large government/semi-government companies.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Aug 25, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Meaningful projects, good people, professional environment, growth oriented, well organized

Cons

Hours can be long, too competitive of an environment, sometimes difficult to cope with job demands.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growth missing.

Sep 7, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and work hours are attractive.

Cons

If you’re looking for professional development and growth you best look elsewhere.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

it is not a company for the people who shoot for the stars!

Aug 24, 2021 - Manager, PMO in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

No layoffs Some innovative work and projects an equitable organization

Cons

highly beauracratic poor management management does not appreciate employees

7. 5.0

Review

Jun 14, 2021 - Project Specialist in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and work culture

Cons

Technology seems limited for those who are coming from big Private companies

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pleasant

Jun 14, 2021 - Project Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great onboarding experience and good work environment

Cons

Public companies are more bureaucratic

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing culture, great benefits, company really cares about you

May 22, 2021 - Data Scientist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very open mindset in terms of technology and new ideas, management is great, truly cares about the service they provide, smart coworkers in research and analytics department

Cons

Non-competitive salary, data science work includes non-ml work

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

good compay

May 15, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

lots of good benefits and fun

Cons

none but the potlucks are great

Viewing 1 - 10 of 109 Reviews