The Connor Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.7
The Connor Group CEO Larry Connor
Larry Connor
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is hard when you first start(in 42 reviews)

• "Long hours can make the work/life balance difficult(in 41 reviews)

"Hard Work Pays Off"

Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent career growth, multiple career paths, continued training & development, reward & recognition, high level of accountability, working with great people, strong core values that are displayed daily, great communication, always a new challenge, you control your outcomes, fantastic benefits

Cons

I don't think it's a con, but some people struggle with a high level of accountability and direct feedback. But the feedback we receive give/receive is to improve the team! It's not for everyone!

"Connor group"

Current Employee - Profit Center Manager

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the first company to truly invest in my training. My training program was over 60 days which was unheard of in my past. You get insight into the positions you manage. As a manager I worked alongside sales for 30 days and our maintenance team for 7 days. It was incredibly helpful. There’s boot camps at central office that are truly beneficial. These are dedicated time to learn the material and test your... knowledge. You are 100% involved in your business. You not only get to know the budgets, costs, and profits but you have control too. You are also held accountable for this. I’ve learned so much about myself and my capabilities. This company has high standards which pushes me to be better every day. Reward and recognition and consequences. This is a part of a core value that is so so important because there is no one size fits all. You are held accountable for your commitments and rewarded based on your wants when you go that extra mile.

Cons

Work life balance can be hard to manage some days. I’ve had days where I leave at my scheduled time and others where I have needed to stay 3+ hours after to ensure everything got done on time/properly. You don’t attend all boot camps and trainings before being on your own.

Advice to Management

I think it would be better to invest another month into training to allow attendance to all boot camps. Split operations and sales management. Each part is important and deserves full focus to ensure we are hitting goals and not rushing through things as an admin task. Let’s use our tools and give our tools the proper attention they need to fully implement.

The Connor Group2019-10-08

"Connor Group - Results, Feedback and Continuous Change"

Current Employee - Profit Center Manager/Operations Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Continues to find ways to improve, will fly you to receive training and growth, listens to feedback, great people

Cons

Work 6 days once a month vs having day off in middle of the week.

Advice to Management

Do more e trainings and phone conferences for alignment to minimize employees time away from office and increase productivity. Great company whom I'm happy to work for and grow with!!!

The Connor Group2019-10-09
  4. "Surround yourself with high performers"

Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-you are surrounded by people, regardless of position, that are high achievers that want more -training plan is clear and supported by all leadership to ensure you are prepared for your role -immediate feedback to know how you are doing, no guess work on your progress -Reward and Recognition program is based on what your "wants" and what drives you, when you are rewarded it's personal to you -with a group of... people around you that are high performers, it keeps you motivated to keep going and keep wanting more

Cons

-full 6 day work weeks are tough on the work/life balance

Advice to Management

Continue to keep tabs on training programs, it's build so clear that it's clear that it's a large reason on why we are so successful. The experience while being trained up has been the best I have been a part of.

5. "PCM"

Current Employee - Pcm in Columbus, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Constant development, complete ownership of the business, reward and recognition

Cons

No cons unless you do not want to work hard!

The Connor Group2019-10-11
  6. "Amazing Culture and Career Growth!"

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training is amazing, very hands on and in depth. Reward and recognition in abundance, tons of opportunities to earn items from a wish list. Benefits are great and started on day 1. Lives up to the core value of people count. Fast paced with motivated high achievers everywhere. We are a growing company! Career paths everywhere, either in the field or the support office. Tenured employees that still love what... they do everyday! Competitive environment, you are constantly being challenged to do more. Great place to build a career at.

Cons

Not a con for me but very high expectations and accountability. You will have to work to earn it.

The Connor Group2019-10-10
  7. "Great People, Great Benefits"

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Meet and work with great people Great company culture Awesome benefits Reward & Recognition Great sense of accomplishment New challenges every day

Cons

Not for people that are looking for just a job instead of career. It's alot of hard work, but there are rewards for that.

The Connor Group2019-10-10
  8. "Great People, Great Benefits"

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You'll work with some of the best people Great Benefits Great career growth and advancement Reward & Recognition New challenges every day

Cons

It's high expectations- this is not a place for someone just looking for a job, this is a place to build a career!

The Connor Group2019-10-10
  9. "No where I rather work!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Honored to be able to work in our culture and surrounded by dedicated people that are willing to give it 110% everyday.

Cons

There are no draw backs as long as you are willing to put the work in!

10. "I love my Job"

Current Employee - Lead Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are excellent The company has the best technical training by the industries elite The pay is competitive

Cons

I can’t think of any cons because The Connor Group sets clear expectations

Found 491 reviews