Found 879 of over 962 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits were good in 2009 but eroded through the years and by 2013 were fairly expensive." (in 79 reviews)
- "The people I work with everyday are great and make what I'm doing better." (in 68 reviews)
- "100% employee owned and very safety conscious." (in 25 reviews)
- "Good work environment in the office." (in 23 reviews)
- "Best bosses I have ever had and coworkers are always friendly." (in 20 reviews)
- "Work for low pay and get the blame for everyone else's screw up's (LAB MANAGER)." (in 71 reviews)
- "Poor management and don’t value field staff" (in 43 reviews)
- "Long hours and physically demanding" (in 31 reviews)
- "Work/life balance can be difficult to manage due to nature of consulting work; schedule will change weekly." (in 23 reviews)
- "low salaries especially for field staff" (in 17 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Terracon and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Oct 20, 2023Field GeologistCurrent EmployeeFort McMurray, AB
Great team Kind managers at Syncrude and other oil sands sites Flexibile schedule - gives you lots of time off or extra shifts if you want.
Hard work Old trucks Limited field computers
- 4.0Feb 18, 2009Senior ConsultantFormer Employee
Good resume builder, great place to launch a career. In your first couple years u really learn alot so the growth potential is there early on in ur career. Your peers are very intelligent and you make some decent cash compared to others entering the consulting field. The firm reputation by far is the best peice u take with you once u leave (and you will leave, there are definatly better places out there post grad)
bad work life balance, not much room for advancement, better places out there with advanced degree. Increased responsibilities with uneven salary matched....pryamid, easy to enter, hard to advance
- 1.0Aug 29, 2020Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearFort McMurray, AB
Nothing good at it, poorly managed andcsupervisors lacking experience
Disrespect, lack of morality nepotism and too much talk against each other among colleaguesTerracon Response4y
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Terracon delivers success by providing opportunities for our employees to achieve rewarding careers, personal wellbeing, and the benefits of employee ownership. Developing our employees and promoting from within is part of that opportunity. If you would like to share more about your experience, please contact us at email@example.com. We appreciate your outreach and the opportunity to respond to your concerns.
- 2.0Oct 18, 2023Lab TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsHouston, TX
401k, employee match.PTO., nothing more.
Typical work week for a hourly person 55-65 hrs. 80% of hourly employees do 95% of work. One department will only teach you half of most test. Constantly reminded you can be let go anytime for any reason. Hostile working environment. You only get to learning what the manger wants you to learn. Constantly reminded you can be fired if you dont participate in evening cleaning. Very selective when it comes to openings - "We don't inform our employees of opening, we perfer that they go and hunt down opening online", ironic part is that half of admin staff is employees family members(huband, wife, brother, sister, daughter), no diversity. The real Terracon family. "We open and close job opening all the time". They post a job opening, take applications, when the person they choose isnt the most qualified, they close out the reference number and open a new one . This enables them to re-apply , SO system will show only 1 application response. To many people with no experience or certification being pushed ahead of hard workers that have put in their time, got certifications and put forth the effort to make Terracon the quality company that built it reputation. 5 different managers in 10 yrs.
- 4.0Nov 16, 2023Field TechFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDallas, TX
It's a great company with decent pay, great career path for certifications/experience, great benefits, great people, helpful team,
The schedule will take over your life - only work here if you just only want/need to work ALL the time - work sleep work sleep work sleep - but at $15 an hour you might as well just work at fast food they pay the same - $20hr starting would be maybe be worth the headache
- 4.0Aug 24, 2023AdministrativeCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Executive leadership is one of a kind.
Elective benefit offerings such as medical, dental and vision plans are expensive/not competitive. Parental leave offerings are not progressive or inclusive in the least. Short term disability coverage for new mothers ranges from 6-8 weeks depending on delivery and/or other complications and offers 60% of base salary. For new mothers with longer tenure (5+ years), Terracon supplements 40% in addition to STD’s 60% for up to a maximum of 8 weeks. The # of weeks of supplemental offering under 8 weeks is tiered based on years of service ranging from 2 weeks to the 8 week max. There are no current parental leave offerings for spouse or other family planning/growth scenarios available. There are no current coverage options for transitioning employees during transition and/or recovery. Bereavement leave is limited to 3 days per calendar year.
Terracon Reviews FAQs
Terracon has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 962 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Terracon to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
70% of Terracon employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Terracon 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.