Stream Companies Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Mar 25, 2020

4.4
Stream Companies CEO David Regn
David Regn
Pros
  • "Casual dress code, Fast paced work environment, Multiple offices across the US(in 14 reviews)

• "fast paced company for those how want to excel and learn(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Incredibly fast paced environment(in 8 reviews)

• "Work environment is very fast and one must be able to constantly prioritize tasks to better their clients(in 5 reviews)

1. "Fantastic company, even better people"

Former Employee - Digital Media Planner in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Stream Companies full-time

Pros

The individuals who work here are some of the brightest in the industry. Management, specifically on the Media team, is the best I have ever personally experienced - they truly care about their employees, and promote personal and professional growth. They have an open door policy, and are always willing to help. Even with me being located in a remote office, I never felt disconnected from my team. Casual dress code, Fast paced work environment, Multiple offices across the US

Cons

No cons come to mind

Stream Companies2020-03-25
  2. "Don't Look Back...."

Current Employee - Account Director in Phila, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You can have a career here starting from the ground floor up.

Cons

I have all I need.

Stream Companies2020-02-24

"SEO Content Strategist"

I have been working at Stream Companies

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Quiet in the office most of the time

Stream Companies2020-02-17
  4. "Great work life balance"

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance is great. Managers understand life happens; but you also get to work from home if needed. Benefits are good; payment could be better.

Cons

Salaries could be higher compared to other places in the area

Stream Companies2020-03-02
  5. "Impressed already"

Current Employee - Marketing Copywriter

I have been working at Stream Companies part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training program and incredibly organized Materials in which to help you do your job are very thorough Interesting work Positive atmosphere Remote work available People committed to doing a great job and helping their colleagues

Cons

Benefits sound amazing but part time workers do not receive them

Stream Companies2020-02-24

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Sales in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time

Pros

As a sales executive Stream provides an ideal environment to gain new customers. They use a team approach to closing business which helps build business in a professional environment.

Cons

Its a very competitive environment which is good and bad.

Stream Companies2020-01-27
  7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - SEO Strategist

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Stream is an excellent place to start a career an establish yourself as a professional. What I appreciate most is the relationships you build with coworkers, and everyone's willingness to work together on projects.

Cons

With any big marketing agency it is very fast paced, so its easy to get behind on some tasks but your team members are always there to help you get back on track.

Stream Companies2020-01-22
  8. "Project Coordinator Review"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Stream is a really incredible company. They really have it together. Their benefits are great, PTO is great, they are flexible with your schedule. The people are amazing, I have never worked with a group of people that are generally and consistently as happy as my coworkers. We work very hard but we also have a lot of fun! A very positive atmosphere to work in. Stream is growing very, very quickly. This means you could move up the ladder quicker than other companies.

Cons

The company is growing very quickly so they didn't have as much time to train me as i would have liked.

Stream Companies2020-01-21

"Pro Tip: After reading mine, sort Reviews from oldest to newest! You won't regret it researching Stream!"

Former Employee - Account Director in Malvern, PA

I worked at Stream Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great first job-out-of-college, but come prepared to do your time and WORK! We all have to earn our "stripes" in advertising. Project Management infrastructure makes it easy to communicate with co-workers, though it will take some time to learn the ins and outs of the program. Company tries to manifest some type of culture with weekly town hall status meetings. Free bananas?

Cons

Stream has ZERO management structure and really no qualified "Managers" on their staff. They are all off doing their own things vs. running an office. Work/life balance at Stream is horrible! They try to win new or add additional services business AT ALL COSTS! Apparently they are still working off the same business model they have been using for 20+ years? Couple of examples: I would define the culture as "old-school car-bro" that doesn't want to grow up. I should clarify that that this culture isn't limited to males as there are plenty of women in the clique as well. I find it hilarious that some the senior "car-bros" aren't as smart about the car business as they think they are! All original and longer-tenured employees are "sacred cows" but can sink your future with a couple of comments to the leadership. New employees start out with targets on their backs and If they don't "like" you, you are gone, no warnings. The HR department is outsourced with the CFO handling all sensitive docs. This also doesn't allow employees a "safe space" to voice concerns. Very ambiguous base + bonus pay system. Bonuses for account folks are controlled by senior management and how they distribute new accounts. There is ZERO communication between sales and account services, creating unnecessary chaos.

Stream Companies2020-02-19
  10. "One Person's Perspective in the Philadelphia Office"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

- "Remote" Philadelphia office (opened May 2019) is plenty close to home, whereas Malvern was an hour-plus drive both ways. - The office has arguably one of the best views in Philadelphia, overlooking City Hall and looking straight out at the clocktower with William Penn perched atop. - Workloads, deadlines, and stress levels fluctuate, but generally stays manageable. - The company is staffed appropriately so that work is delegated and completed in a timely manner, without employee's being overloaded with work (typically). - People are largely very friendly at this organization and treat others with kindness and respect - Quiet workplace where you can focus. "Desk visits" are implicitly discouraged and most of your communciations will occur over Microsoft Teams chats, with a phone call here and there, along with infrequent internal meetings. -Malvern office has a lot of perks - on-site vending system-style cafe for high-quality lunch items and snacks / free bananas, cereal, coffee, and candy / complimentary massages twice a week / various promotional events (meals, presentations, group exercises) from local businesses and partners / work-related social events (Stream Olympics, holiday party, etc.) - Many women in management and directorial positions. It's refreshing to see so many women in leadership roles. - Advancement from within is highly favored. If you work hard and prove yourself, you can make a great case for advancement within a year to 1.5 years of employment.

Cons

There are usually two sides of every coin. - the remote Philadelphia office currently holds upwards of 75 full-time employees, yet we have none of the perks that Malvern enjoys (listed above), besides the candy..... - "Quiet workplace where you can focus" can also be translated to "I may not speak to another human being for 8 hours." You will come into work, sit at your desk, and get up when you have to use the bathroom, or to get food. You'll rarely socialize or collaborate, even in the common areas, because their use and enjoyment, outside of necessity, has been discouraged by upper management who have deemed those work spaces as sub-optimally productive vs. your dual monitor setup at your cubicle. Indeed, that fancy Italian furniture you purchased for this office goes largely unused. - Yes, cubicles. In Malvern, there are long work tables with nose-level dividers. In Philadelphia, there are above head-level dividers and also dividers between you and your neighbor. Privacy? Check. Isolation? Check. - as a health-forward organization, this company offers ZERO assistance with standing desks or ergonomic enhancements to your work station. If you want a standing desk, which I consider to be essential in a modern office, you will have to purchase a kit yourself. Also, if you do this, you'll be the only one creepily looming over your neighbors in this very private, isolated, and quiet work environment. - people are friendly, but passive-aggressive CC'ing is commonplace, and feedback on your work probably won't be very in-depth, especially if you're performing to expectation. This could be considered a good thing, but even as a high-performer, you're still looking for ways to improve and advance. - Advancement is possible, but there are only so many positions to advance to as an individual contributor. If you wish to advance and significantly improve your earnings, you're looking at going into management. - As a remote worker in Philadelphia, as mentioend before, you're pretty much perk-less. You will be expected to travel to the suburbs for any work-related event, as the HQ is in Malvern where the majority of the company works from is given prescedence. - Compensation is OK. Not bad, but certainly not that great either. Philadelphia workers will earn the same as Malvern, despite the city wage/living tax and higher costs of living. - this sounds immature, but the work is mostly just plain old unfulfilling.

Stream Companies2020-01-27