Philips Reviews

Philips President and CEO Frans van Houten
Frans van Houten
1,234 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Benefits standard; hard to get upper management to understand why or how we did things(in 84 reviews)

• "No cons so far during my employment(in 70 reviews)

1. "Great organization"

5.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Philips full-time

Pros

Great learning Benefits brand great Team Great place to work

Cons

Work life balance extended working hours None None None

May 7, 2020Talent Brand Manager

It's much appreciated that you've taken a moment out of your day to share some thoughts on here on your experience being part of our mission. I'm glad to read it's been a positive one, and I do hope our paths might intersect again in the future. You could always check our job-portal (https://jobs.philips.com) to see if there's anything available that might suit your skillset and talents. For now, I would like to wish you all the best in your career endeavors from here on out.

2. "Amazing company with lots of development opportunities"

5.0
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

I worked at Philips full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very strong leadership, apolitical environment that truly believes in internal talent development

Cons

Pace, could be a bit more aggressive and faster in execution

April 30, 2020Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, we're glad to hear that you've had a great time working for Philips as Human Resources Manager for 3+ years. We hope that you've already found another, challenging position that is to your liking or that you will find one soon. Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback with us and all the best in your professional career!

"Nothing special"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Markham, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Philips full-time for less than a year

Pros

Daily management, adequate to good brand equity in most businesses, some good senior leadership

Cons

Supply constraints, internal competition, very poor culture (zero fun), lower than market compensation

April 23, 2020Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, we wanted to let you know that we appreciate that you've taken a minute to share some thoughts on back when you worked for us as a Sales Manager. Your feedback is much appreciated. Our managing teams read these pages as well, so it could be taken into account and considered. I do wish you all the best in your career going forward, seeing that you're currently not active with us anymore.

"There are bright spots"

Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Philips full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great opportunity to directly impact health system

Cons

There was a bad workplace culture

February 27, 2020Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for saying a few words about the 5+ years you've been working for our company as Team Leader. A good work culture is of high importance to us and we're sorry to hear that you don't experience this within your department. We hope that we can encourage you to discuss your thoughts with your (HR) manager, if you haven't done this yet, to see how things can be improved. Our management is active on this platform as well, so your feedback definitely will be noted. Thank you again for leaving your review here!

5. "A good place to go"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at Philips full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked in the PMO of the healthcare department with talent and reliable people, good working culture, seldom overtime. I will recommend people who want to work in the medical equipment industry

Cons

A little bit more travel

January 31, 2020Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear that you've had such a good time working as Senior Project Manager for the Philips healthcare department. Thank you for sharing your experience here with us on Glassdoor and all the best in your future undertakings!

6. "Excellent company to work for, management needs to be improved"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Philips full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Colleagues and customers were the only reason I stayed. Reasonable benefits.

Cons

Management needs to be trained to manage. People are put in these roles with little to no training. Decisions and statements are made based on personal ideas rather than company policy. Micromanaging professionals, contacting at any time, particularly on evenings, weekends and on holiday should never be allowed.

January 23, 2020Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to write down your insights here. Great to hear that you've worked with us for over 10 years! Your thorough feedback is much appreciated. It's a pity to hear that you felt like the management didn't function optimally and that you were contacted outside of the work hours. We can imagine that's not good for your work-life balance. Please know that our upper management is active on this platform too, so the points you've made in your reiview will be duly noted. Thanks again and we wish you all the best with your career.

7. "Good company"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Markham, ON

I have been working at Philips full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Has good vision for the future

Cons

Tough to grow internally to director role unless you move to another country

December 24, 2019Talent Brand Manager

Hello, we always like to hear from such a well-experienced like yourself! Of course, all the feedback we can gather is valuable to us, as we're always trying to learn and grow as an employer.

8. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Training Manager

I worked at Philips full-time

Pros

Benefits, Opportunities, Global travel and experience.

Cons

A big company so making changes could take a long time.

January 2, 2020Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences here. Great to hear you were overall happy with your job! We wish you all the best with your career.

"Archaic way of working"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing in Richmond Hill, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Philips full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-well known company -some of the people there are awesome to work with -weekly all hands meetings

Cons

-very old school way of working. -everything had to go through the US -a lot of the people had been there so long and didn't do much, and were allowed to get away with it -very low pay, not comparative to the market rate for most positions

December 12, 2019Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for sharing some insights on your former job at Philips. It's good to hear you appreciated your colleagues, but we regret hearing you weren't all that pleased about the way of working in your department and your salary. We appreciate your feedback, and, as upper management is active on this platform too, it won't go unnoticed. All the best with your career!

10. "Decent place with eccentric people"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Philips full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great brands. Mostly nice people

Cons

A few managers are awful and should not be in leadership positions. They are jaded, unprofessional, and resistant to change.

August 8, 2019Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, it's good to see that you've written down a couple of thoughts on your position with us as Account Manager. By the sounds of it, you do see room for improvement. I hope to encourage you to provide feedback where necessary and helpful - as it does sound like you've got the best interest for the company in mind. Thanks again for sharing!

Found 4216 reviews