Perfect Teeth Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 3 December, 2018

2.5
Frederic W. J. Birner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Excellent Benefit package The company increased its medical coverage" (in 7 reviews)

• "Great people, Great opportunity to change lives" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The first red flag for me was the high turnover rate which was mentioned to me by the patients when I started seeing them" (in 8 reviews)

• "High employee and provider turnover rate" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Same as Comfort and PDS"

I worked at Perfect Teeth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We had a great office team

Cons

Management is out of touch with daily operations, very chauvinistic CDO and CEO; emphasis is on $$$$, definitely shorting the patients.

Advice to Management

To the new management: ramp up employees rather than production, reinstate lost benefits and give employees long overdue raises.

2. "Great Company (if you want to work)"

Current Employee - Associate Dentist in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Dentist in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, Great opportunity to change lives. This is an excellent place to work as long as you take responsibility and don't blame everything else for your poor performance.

As with any review forum, you are much more likely than not to hear from the disgruntled former employees who want to make their voices heard. Perfect Teeth is no different than any other organization...those who work hard and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY are rewarded financially with opportunities for advancement. Unfortunately, entitlement is not a strategy for promotion and prosperity! I see numerous former employees blame this or that for not being successful. The fact is, they are as successful as they choose to be. I'm not sure where someone develops the mindset that they should benefit while the practice/company does not benefit. My advice to anyone reading this review would be to seek the reviews of current employees and not just former employees and use your good judgment.

Is Perfect Teeth the perfect place to work? No...nor is any place to work out there. However, it has some amazing people working together to serve patients and their patient's dental and overall health.

Cons

Practice technology is lagging a bit

Advice to Management

Continue putting your people first before the almighty dollar. Invest and upgrade office technology. Should be paperless & digital.

3. "Dental Assistant"

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time

Pros

Benefits, time off, training, compensation

Cons

low salary, large turn over, paper charts

4. "Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Dental Office Manager in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Dental Office Manager in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Perfect Teeth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great in office staff. Everyone worked hard for the patients regardless of being under appreciated

Cons

Training is lacking and when you ask for help you’re treated like you’re inconveniencing everyone. Regional Managers treat the office staff poorly and never have what’s best for the patients or employees in mind. Only how much money they can make by pushing dentists to do aggressive treatment. Maybe if the “support” staff, AKA management wasn’t a complete joke you wouldn’t have such a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

It’s not us, it’s you. Hopefully being bought out will bring that to light.

5. "Imperfect teeth"

Former Employee - Dentist in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Dentist in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I worked at Perfect Teeth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

This company’s whole mantra is that they’re different from other corporate dentistry but the reality is they’re exactly the same. Not soon after I joined, I had a visit from the CDO and the majority of the conversation was about doing more crowns. As soon as he said, “You know, I used to be like you. I used to bend over backwards to try to help these people but at the end of the day, when that filling falls out, they’re going to blame you.” Wow. Then, he wanted me to use the analogy that not getting a crown is like “driving down the I-25 going 75mph without a spare tire.” Uh, okay. Hardly inspirational.

The first red flag for me was the high turnover rate which was mentioned to me by the patients when I started seeing them.

Our budget was hampered from the beginning. Since it was based on the previous month’s production and because there wasn’t much treatment for a couple months before I got there our supply budget was low. I brought in a lot of supplies that I liked at my own expense because I don’t think I should use a total etch adhesive when there are better things on the market. Curing lights weren’t performing acceptably either. Luckily, I had one at home that hadn’t been used that I brought in.

I’ve had to redo some crowns and a denture that should’ve never been delivered because of a large overjet that the patient didn’t like but was ignored. I’ve seen crowned teeth that needed RCT less than a year later. I’ve seen a tooth crowned with less than a 1:1 crown to root ratio. This is the downside in rushing to crown everything in sight. It’s the same negative argument that could be made about any corporate dental entity. A money grab at the expense of quality and the patient.

There were times where I didn’t have full-time hygiene support and had to do cleanings for the bulk of the day which is unacceptable.

The location I was at wasn’t particularly busy and somehow they tried to pin that on me and my treatment planning. Well, everyone needs a cleaning right? Despite my “treatment planning” hygiene should be booked solid because that was not the case. There were gaps in hygiene’s schedule also. That tells me that there’s a lack of patients. It’s the luck of the draw with new patients and some of them don’t need anything other than a cleaning but somehow that’s my fault. I can’t invent treatment. But, it felt like there was pressure to justify doing at least a crown or something big on everyone. I would get negative feedback for not treatment planning anything. If it’s not there, it’s not there. I’m not going to recommend a crown for a tooth with a reasonably sized one surface filling (which I’ve seen done) just for the sake of production.

Also, If you like a 401K with NO match or not accruing any vacation until 6 months after you start, this place is for you.

Based on my experience, I cannot recommend this company unless it’s a brief stepping stone to something better. This may not be true of everyone but in my case, they did not at all set me up for success. Never did I feel that the company cared about the patient unless they complained and even then, it was just CYA.

I just heard that this company was bought out by another DSO. If that’s not an indictment on how poorly this company was run, Indont know what is.

Advice to Management

They already sold the company so good start.

6. "Great company to work for!"

I worked at Perfect Teeth full-time

Pros

Great company to work for with a great corporate culture. Very supportive environment that makes their patients their number one priority. Perfect Teeth's CEO, Fred Birner, is appreciative of hard work and dedication to the company. He was engaged with my department and made sure I had the tools necessary to succeed in my role.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

7. "Very optimistic about the future of the organization."

I have been working at Perfect Teeth (More than 3 years)

Pros

Eligible employees received merit increases in July 2018. Our CEO, Fred Birner, approved a more attainable bonus program for us to achieve. He cares about making up for the temporary loss of our 401k with monetary income.

Cons

Outdated chart system. Limited communication tools between offices and doctors.

Advice to Management

We would be able to achieve greater results if we upgraded our paper charts to the digital operating system.

"Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees are good to work with and ethical.

Cons

The company is short sighted. There's no oversight of the current dentists, and some of them have lost their "touch". All that matters is the money generated (production) it doesn't matter how you get there, just get there and the leadership team is happy. This is a place to get a decent to good foundation and then leave for a company that will treat you better.

Advice to Management

It won't help.

9. "Employee/dentist"

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time

Pros

Teams are usually in good moods, patients are great.

Cons

High turnover, DO NOT expect a raise (I mean assistants, receptionists, hygienists or dentists), company at headqauarters is in turmoil.

"Anonymous"

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, Great concept, Easy to get in.

Cons

No longer match 401k, insurance is expensive, punishment for lack of specified number of Google reviews, ridiculously outdated software which takes extra time to assist patients, advancement is non-existent, extremely high turnover rate leaving those who stay to be in constant survival mode, lack of new hire training (it's sink or swim), leadership meetings accomplish nothing more than being yelled at and demeaned. Those who stay are committed to the patients and coworkers, not the company.

Advice to Management

Take a course in leadership and emotional IQ. You have a great concept but your actions and attitudes are driving everyone away. Listen to those with new ideas and become flexible. Looking at the numbers your old approach is exhausted.