Partner Engineering and Science Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 123 reviews

4.6
Partner Engineering and Science CEO Joseph Derhake, PE
Joseph Derhake, PE
Pros
  • "The work environment, culture, and attitude of everyone at Partner makes it an amazing company to work for(in 9 reviews)

• "It's a growing company with many opportunities for those that wish to push themselves and learn new disciplines(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Between long hours, thankless labor and low pay, Partner replaces its staff about every 9-12 months(in 5 reviews)

• "Some people expect national due diligence firms to act like a small mom and pop engineering firm(in 4 reviews)

"Fast and Exciting Work Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for less than a year

Pros

Partner truly is a refreshing change from my previous employers. It is an entrepreneurial environment where the company values your input. I have been equipped with all of the necessary tools, be it personnel assistance or technology to do my best work. The positive setting keeps me motivated and drive to keep the company a success. My direct manager is very knowledgeable, yet trusts my judgement on how to proceed...

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Please continue to value your employees feedback, good or bad. Partner understands that their employees are their greatest resource and hope that never changes. Keep up the great work!

Partner Engineering and Science2019-08-08

"Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Project Assessor in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Productive and relaxed workplace with a technically sound group of co-workers and staff. Fun team building events and the office even has a pool table.

Cons

I do not have any negatives (cons) to report.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-08-09

"Relaxed place to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Assessor in Richmond, VA

Pros

Ability to work from home, pay, benefits, no hassles on due dates

Cons

No extensive training in PLINK or what programs on computer are available to make getting a report together quicker. I've been on a "learn as you go" status. Luckily, I can figure things out without much supervision. But getting a heads up on what tools are available would have been helpful.

Advice to Management

Give new hires a sit down and show what tools are available and more training on PLINK.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-08-08

"Good Comapny"

Current Employee - Project Assessor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work environment. Opportunities to travel

Cons

Potentially heavy workload at times.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-08-05
  5. "Great team"

Former Employee - Construction Support Specialist in Malvern, PA

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team members work closely together. Direct manager was great and very supportive. She would take the time to review and clarify any confusion patiently. Benefit was average (medical, vision, dental, life, 401k, etc.).

Cons

Higher management often negligent our team's performance while paying more attention to other team's problems.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-08-22
  6. "Don’t work here if you don’t have to-promise the world don’t deliver"

Former Employee - Construction Support Specialist in Malvern, PA

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall I loved my clients that I worked with on a daily or weekly basis and developed excellent relationships with them that enabled me to do my job better. The pay was decent as long as you never expect any kind of raise outside of your yearly minuscule increase.

Cons

Training and communication from PMs and TDs left more than a little to be desired. There is little to no proper training and you are often left to asking coworkers how to do something which can lead to a large amount of confusion. When PMs and TDs were approached about issues with training it often fell on deaf ears and if you were lucky and email about any changes to process and procedures would go out. The issue is...

Advice to Management

Put your PMs and TDs through a proper training of how to train and lead their team rather than focusing on their own petty office drama.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-08-22

"Good Intern Experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly, not too much workload, work-life balance

Cons

Small Company, database is rather simple and un-organized

Partner Engineering and Science2019-07-17
  8. "Like that anymore help HEllo was mad rude u didn't care about anything around yet tho i matter what I saw him"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Malvern, PA

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science for more than a year

Pros

PC and some PMs Bruce said he was going to move out.

Cons

I am also just trying to get a hold of any of previous claims there we get them for wild animals.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-07-20

"Decent out of college job"

Former Employee - Staff Assessor

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time

Pros

Lots of work, cool young people

Cons

not enough structure for new employees

Partner Engineering and Science2019-05-16

"Not an enjoyable or positive experience"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and helpful lower level staff. Owner gives the impression that the company cares about the individual and quality of life/work balance. Successful business model.

Cons

Work/life balance was not as promised, there were many long nights spent at home working on proposals/reports after work hours and weekends. Staff is stretched to thin and senior staff had unrealistic expectations. There was a disconnect between different branches and delegating work was cumbersome and sometimes caused major issues. Communication was not strong. I put in a lot of effort and instead of being rewarded...

Advice to Management

Work on communication with middle managers and have a fail safe in place for when lines of communication are broken or disjointed. Hire adequate staff so that others are not stressed and stretched too thin.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-05-15

Partner Engineering and Science Response

May 31, 2019Director, People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We use feedback to continually improve. Given we are a distributed business across 45+ locations, one of our key challenges is to continually improve communication and transparency so that employees feel connected and supported ...

Found 123 reviews