OutboundEngine Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Dec 10, 2019

3.9
OutboundEngine CEO Marc Pickren
Marc Pickren
Pros
  • "A great place to learn and grow your career(in 12 reviews)

• "Downtown Location - Unparalleled Access To Mgmt & Execs - High On Target Earnings - Great Spiffs And Spirit Of Cooperation(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is nonexistent(in 14 reviews)

• "3 months of no quota, you're fired, just like any other sales job, but they expect you to sell at a high level, and offer very little support/training(in 11 reviews)

1. "Outboundengine is my best employer yet!"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Benefits *Growth - While a lot of companies say they promote from within, Outboundengine actually does and I've seen it happen to a lot of other co-workers as well. *Culture

Cons

*A lot of change. This can been seen as a pro as well, but for someone who likes consistency, it can be a little overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Never stop learning new parts of the business because it's not part of your day-to-day. Anyone in management should be able to answer any question someone under them is able to answer.

OutboundEngine2019-12-10
  2. "More fun than I thought possible"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

Vibrant, progressive, high-energy office environment Feeling of personal professional value Opportunities to succeed and grow Support from team members Benefits Cool location Transparency of management Doesn't take itself too seriously - values you as person

Cons

Moving locations soon.. but that's it!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

OutboundEngine2019-12-10
  3. "Very competitive compensation"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

When you go through the hiring the management team tells you certain expectations they have for each team member and the compensation that is possible. Each thing they say is 100% accurate. I have made more money and had more opportunity for advancement than at any other company I have worked with and I have over 7 years of Inside Sales experience. It is not easy by any means but the process is simple and it just... takes commitment and dedication to harness your individual craft.

Cons

The expectation is to basically live at the office which is a bit annoying at times and constantly screaming about the "GOD BOARD" gets old VERY QUICKLY. The quota is definitely important and no matter how long you have been here or how well you have done your job is ALWAYS at risk.

Advice to Management

Stay true to what the standards are and make it clear and concise when they are conveyed.

"Unparalleled Skill Development"

Current Employee - Junior Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Unparalleled Development Program -- This was my first position after undergrad. I came in with zero sales experience and a natural introvert. Within a month or so, I was competently selling on the phone. The most impressive aspect of this company to me has been the attention and effort from management towards developing sales reps. This has included two weeks of directed training prior to beginning the role, 1:1... meetings with team managers before starting and on a weekly basis to set goals and review metrics, and a completely accessible group of managers/team-leads who will show up early or stay late to run trainings and call reviews. - Management -- It has been extremely impressive to me the level of "caring" team managers have for the employees under their care. My manager is always seeking to develop me as a rep and an individual outside of work, push me out of my comfort zone, and expect nothing but the best from my daily performance on the floor. - Commitment -- This type of role is a complete and total commitment. You get out what you put in. If you are looking for a job to make dials half-heartedly and go home, this isn't it. I list this under "pros" because the sky is the limit. You can come in early, stay late, work weekends, and there is always a team lead, manager, or rep around. The only limit on your success and the amount of money you can make is your own effort and the hours in the day.

Cons

Too many people on one floor for a single set of Men's/Women's restrooms, but talks of a bigger and better office space coming soon.

OutboundEngine2019-11-22

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is huge potential to grow your sales career and skills at this company. I started at OutboundEngine 7 months ago as a Junior Account Executive and I am now an Account Director. I had no previous sales experience and have learned a lot in short amount of time. The skills and knowledge I have acquired from my time here will continue to serve me through out my career and life. The earning potential is high,... you just half to but in the work. As someone who came on this site to check out the reviews before applying and was skeptical of some of the bad reviews, I cannot stress enough how much you should focus on the positive ones because the earning potential and career growth is huge.

Cons

If your looking for an easy job this isn't it. You will NOT succeed here if your not willing to put in the work. This is not a job where you can just casually sit back punch the clock and scroll through the internet for half the day and then work the other half.

OutboundEngine2019-11-06

"Exciting startup transitioning to next level (from someone not in sales)"

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced work environment focused on growing the company and improving its product(s). A fun, vibrant culture where coworkers are actually friends. Good opportunity for promotion and career growth, including changing roles and/or departments. Company likes to hire/promote internally.

Cons

As with most startups evolving to the next stage of maturity, there are some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue working on improving the company’s viability long-term and hiring top talent.

OutboundEngine2019-11-06

"Aggressive Compensation for Quality Performance"

Current Employee - Account Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sales has some of the best compensation plans with manageable quotas in the industry. Supportive and encouraging management team. Solid and affordable benefits. Great training for anyone new to the sales world, even for those that worked at other orgs could benefit from the theories and strategies taught here.

Cons

Cold calling is always a grind. Snacks are sold in a grocery style environment with a hard markup. Music leaves much to be desired on the sales floor.

Advice to Management

Do away with the grocery with snacks and provide them as a perk. Always sucks to have a company finding revenue streams to offset costs using their employees.

OutboundEngine2019-11-06

"Awesome culture to grow and thrive in!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very transparent company in every aspect - criteria for promotions, company strategy and upcoming changes, etc., were all made known to us. The company prides itself on everybody being in the loop on everything. AWESOME management! The best coaching and guidance I've ever had at a software company. Great earning and career potential as well, especially for a startup. You can progress in your career and... earnings very quickly here if you're willing to grind it out.

Cons

You have to put in the effort, similar to every other sales role out there. Have to be willing to grind for what you get.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! We all appreciate the transparency and strong team dynamic.

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time

Pros

Time off, Great music, Good people

Cons

repetitive, stressful, challenging, rewarding, unique

OutboundEngine2019-10-18

"Tough Job"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cold brew on tap, ability to make lots of money, decent training

Cons

There was no work life balance at all they expect you to be in at 8 and leave at 6 on top of working Saturdays. 250 calls a day at least. Management doesn't care about you, you're just a number to them (except for a select few people). Turnover rate is CRAZY and they will even give dirty looks if you get up to go to bathroom more than twice a day. They scream at you if you are off the phone for more than a minute.... They also listen in on your calls when you don't even know.

OutboundEngine2019-10-22