Orkin Reviews

Found 835 of over 857 reviews

3.3
Orkin CEO, COO & President Gary Rollins
Gary Rollins
Pros
  • "Good pay and great work home life balance(in 42 reviews)

• "Company vehicle you can take home(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours some days but whatever(in 72 reviews)

• "Talking to some friends who've left to go work for other companies Orkin definitely is paying less(in 35 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Orkin and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great Company, Great Resources, Great Growth

May 5, 2022 - Commercial Account Manager in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Direct contact with upper management is easily accessible. Experienced Account Managers throughout the region are always available for questions and brainstorming--not only are they available, they love to help. Direct contact to a National Account Manager is easily accessible The Culture, the will to succeed, and the want for your success is unparalleled. The team and the culture overall is just superb. Not only is upper management available to speak to, they LISTEN and take action! I love my region (South Central Commercial) and I cannot wait to move up in the company. I have been here for about seven months. I have been out of training and in the field for about 6 months and a promotion for myself has been discussed multiple times. Upper management is aware of my want to move up and they consistently ask me for my honest feedback in regards to a plethora of business operations including, but not limited to; software, processes, marketing, and day to day operations. Pretty good base salary with the opportunity to more than double it, which is extremely attainable for driven individuals. I made $6,500 my FIRST month in NOVEMBER! Some leads provided with supplemental lead spreadsheets. Online Portal enables quick and easy research (RollinsONE) Company car, gas card, phone, and ipad provided This is the IDEAL position for any individual that loves the freedom to be trusted to go out and crush goals. If one wants or needs help with ideas and execution from upper management, it is most certainly available. If you know anything about sales, you know the easiest thing to sell solves/prevents a problem, and that's just what Orkin does--solves and prevents problems.

Cons

I really can't think of too many. I believe I have listed everything below in advice to management.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Great company

Feb 2, 2022 - Branch Account Manager in Moncton, NB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Uncapped earnings, great team environment

Cons

Tracked through apps, needs to have retirement program start day1

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

Misleading

Apr 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company vehicle, Gas card, Work phone.

Cons

No job security, horrible management.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Decent job

Apr 1, 2022 - Technician in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company Truck, Work at your own pace

Cons

working alone in some sketchy places,

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Feb 18, 2022 - Payroll Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Orkin is very nice company to work and had great team. I really enjoyed working with my team.

Cons

I never had any issues in the company.

6. 5.0

Orkin

Nov 9, 2021 - Business Development Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything, great team environment, do not Micro manage

Cons

Pay structure, Does not get paid for quality of work provided

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Work can be repetitive when dispatching, but the team is amazing, management is superb and customers are mostly decent.

Nov 5, 2021 - National Account Administrator in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is amazing and wants to ensure everyone is thriving and happy

Cons

A former HR team member does not know boundaries and has made many team members feel as though they have a target on their back and that they're being watched. Moving offices so they can "keep tabs" on workers is not going to foster a positive work environment.

Continue reading
    8. 5.0

Great

Nov 3, 2021 - Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Sometime you have to work long hours

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Review

Sep 30, 2021 - Call Center Representative in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented company, definitely great place to work

Cons

Poor management - manager retired and was never replaced, big boss had too many duties on his end already shouldn't of been running the CC

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

They Care

Feb 22, 2021 - Branch Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Caring, Established, Good pay structure, Uniforms, Vehicle

Cons

I can't find any to speak off

Viewing 1 - 10 of 835 Reviews

Orkin Reviews FAQs

Orkin has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 857 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Orkin to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Orkin employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Orkin. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

60% of Orkin employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Orkin 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Orkin Job Seekers