NHS Professionals Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

NHS Professionals Reviews

Updated Oct 22, 2019

2.2
NHS Professionals CEO Colin McCready (no image)
Colin McCready
Pros
  • "You pay your self on your time sheet,good holiday pay too(in 6 reviews)

• "Good pay, good holiday system in which you earn your hours to be paid instead of annual leave(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The wards you worked on were not always welcoming(in 11 reviews)

• "I wish I never applied at NHSP at all or applied for the job role(in 7 reviews)

1. "Cons outweigh the pros of flexibility..."

Former Employee - Health Care Assistant in Worcester, England

I worked at NHS Professionals part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- You can book your own shifts (although can't be too fussy on what ward you want to work on, as some months it is harder to find shifts than others). - good for student nurses who want to experience more wards. - Able to work in different settings, so can enjoy variety.

Cons

- Little concern about how staff are treated by trust staff. I.e. one of my major issues is how agency/bank members are treated. Whilst this is more of a trust issue, i.e. there are certain wards that no-one works on due to trust members and so have had to use other agency staff, I know a few people who have complained about how staff have treated them to NHSP and have had no response. The ward are able to rate... staff, but staff cannot rate wards so no support for rude/unprofessional/bullying staff. - communication- i.e. I was booked onto a face-to-face training in June, but found it this month that it was not properly booked, there wasn't any alternatives available (unless I wouldn't mind driving 4 hours to another trust for free) but I would not be able to work. This was due to NHSP staff not booking it properly, and then no follow us so only found out when I was informing of redundancy. - training- out of pocket, and often very limited in where they are and when they are available. -Also, I have to pay for flu jab because the hospital would not do it (as I'm agency) but was so much faff having to email certain people, wait 5 working days, to get a response to something that we need working with vulnerable patients. - unable to access extra training such as cannulation and no career progression. - no supervision- i.e. the staff can rate us, but we have no way of gauging what we need to improve on unless talk to staff directly (which is fine if you work on only one ward, and not across 7 hospitals). This is ok if only working once every few weeks or as a student nurse, but for others who do it full-time, it is not good. - Staff at NHSP who are managers in specific trusts have been very rude (and multiple staff have complained about how certain staff members have treated them over the phone but have had no response). Als, also quite common to not have complaints replied to- I have only complained when it has taken more than 2 weeks to release timesheets ( meant to be done in 3 days, but some wards are known for being late but there has not been much change in this) and had only had a reply twice.

NHS Professionals2019-10-22

"THEY DON'T PAY YOU ON TIME AND YOU HAVE TO CHASE PAY"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Manchester, England

I have been working at NHS Professionals part-time for less than a year

Pros

currently looking elsewhere for work

Cons

You don't get paid on time. You don't get the correct pay. You have to keep an eye on your holidays because they sometimes don't add that one either. You have to chase them. Sometimes your shifts aren't put on in time for you to release for payment so you end up going 2 weeks without pay. When you chase it up you are on the phone for hours. When you do get through the call centre staff are rude.

Advice to Management

Just sort your whole system out and pay people for the shifts they work on time.

NHS Professionals2019-10-18

"hours of unpaid training to look forward to"

Current Employee - Care Support Worker in Manchester, England

I have been working at NHS Professionals part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Usually plenty of shifts. Pay not bad. Free uniform.

Cons

Training comes in tree parts. Firstly you do 15 hours online, in your time, unpaid. Then every two years you have basic mandatory training in hospital, 3 hours in your time, at your expense, all unpaid, not even offered a cup of tea. Every three years you do conflict resolution, 4 hours training, in hospital, unpaid, not even offered a cup of tea. On facebook, NHSP were rather proud to announce how they gave over... £9000 to Comic Relief. NHSP need to pay their staff for their training, before helping charity causes. Considering some nurses have to rely on foodbanks, this is disgraceful

Advice to Management

Invest properly in the staff who plod the wards, and make them feel valued

NHS Professionals2019-09-24
  4. "Nice team to work with"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at NHS Professionals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lovely team to work with (Marketing team). Marketing Director and manager were brilliant and kept everyone motivated.

Cons

It was based in Watford (London) and there was a huge call centre nearby which made the office environment a bit noisy.

NHS Professionals2019-08-21

"Good ideas, not the best workplace"

Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at NHS Professionals full-time for less than a year

Pros

-pay was above minimum wage -option to work more shifts

Cons

-have to rely on manager to release shifts which don't always get released on time. Shifts can only be released after the shift is completed so if you work weekends and the managers works in the week it can mess up when you get paid. -expected to work above your pay grade. -not enough work to do for the hours employed for. -stressful environment: whether on the wards or in an office, everyone is stressed and is... taken out on each other. I've asked questions to be answered in an unnecessarily sarcastic tone or just ignored. - staff - can be hit or miss, some are lovely and others will just ignore you or take a dislike to you for no reason, seen this from lowest bands to the higher bands. Management can be patchy and you feel like they're waiting for you to do something wrong. -NHSP - never heard from the recruiter again after I got the job, occassionally get texts about new jobs but otherwise nothing. -no career progression -IT - so many issues and took ages to get set up. -training - expected to complete outside of work and takes several hours for online training (unpaid).

Advice to Management

Make sure to release shifts on time. Step in when you see workers gossiping about each other instead of joining in. Don't talk down to staff. Make staff feel valued.

NHS Professionals2019-08-20
  6. "All pre employment training unpaid"

Current Employee - Administrative in Plymouth, England

I have been working at NHS Professionals part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working possibilities and opportunity to fill a variety of roles.

Cons

Expected to complete 15+ hours of training without pay to join the Bank. Other NHS Banks pay minimum Band pay for all training undertaken.

Advice to Management

You should follow the example of other NHS Trusts and pay for training.

NHS Professionals2019-09-03
  7. "Excellent benefits"

I worked at NHS Professionals part-time for less than a year

Pros

V good, staff are friendly and flexible

Cons

Long hours can be tiring

NHS Professionals2019-07-24
  8. "TLC"

Former Employee - TLC

I worked at NHS Professionals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good booking systems for workers and training

Cons

Poor support from head office for field-based staff

NHS Professionals2019-07-18
  9. "Good employer"

Former Employee - Compliance Officer in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at NHS Professionals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive place to work, good support for staff

Cons

No scope for progression if there are 'longstanding employees' in management roles

Advice to Management

Create roles for capable individuals and provide scope for progression

NHS Professionals2019-07-16
  10. "Care support worker"

Current Employee - Healthcare Professional in Basildon, East of England, England

I have been working at NHS Professionals part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hour , can fit around life

Cons

Can arrive on ward and be moved

NHS Professionals2019-07-13