Middle Atlantic Warehouse Distributor Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

2.4
Richard Roy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "AP Clerk"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Buffalo, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Buffalo, NY (US)

I worked at Middle Atlantic Warehouse Distributor part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment with helpful co-workers. The pay was well above minimum wage for an entry position.

Cons

Traditional office environment might put off younger employees in entry positions but that's very subjective.

2. "Front Dock Worker"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Montgomery, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Montgomery, AL (US)

I worked at Middle Atlantic Warehouse Distributor (More than a year)

Pros

Loved being a part of this company.

Cons

Wish I could have stayed longer...

3. "Central Billiing analysis"

Former Employee - Central Billing Analyst in Lackawanna, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Central Billing Analyst in Lackawanna, NY (US)

I worked at Middle Atlantic Warehouse Distributor (More than a year)

Pros

No longer same company was sold to Carl Icaan

Cons

Company is a boy's club and there are no women in higher management positions.

4. "Went back to canada"

Pros

None,no longer in a position to conto US market

Cons

Too top heavy,mico-mangemental by warehouse operational manager

Advice to Management

Too late

5. "Used to be good. .. not sure anymore!"

Former Employee - Financial Marketing Analyst in Amherst, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Marketing Analyst in Amherst, NY (US)

I worked at Middle Atlantic Warehouse Distributor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

When it was MAWDI, I loved working for them because it was family owned and top management even treated you like family! I still felt that from the original owners even after the being acquired.

Cons

Things changed under new ownership and they slowly started to get rid of the old MAWDI employees. It was more cut throat, benefits were worse and if you spoke up don't be surprised if you get a pink slip in a few weeks!

Advice to Management

Show more compassion for your employees! ! I worked there for over 9 years and because I spoke up with something I was unhappy about, I was conveniently. Let go
     The original owners are still awesome in my book, but I feel that a Canadian company that is not 100 percent familiar and I mean 100 percent with how things operate in the UNITED STATES and have unreasonable expectations of performance deserves to get bought like they recently did. To top it off they were crazy on acquisitions, and when they acquired the one company in Florida, I laughed because that is Carquest country. They don't do ample research before doing things! !

6. "Dont work there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD (US)

I worked at Middle Atlantic Warehouse Distributor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is none there is none There is none there is none There is none there is none There is none there is none

Cons

All cons they dont pay good at all and they always say mandatory overtime but only give 35 hours overtime is after 40 hours

Advice to Management

The worst they dont care

7. "Unstable company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY (US)

I have been working at Middle Atlantic Warehouse Distributor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It was a great company, with a great group of employees

Cons

Montreal is trying to control a US business using Canadian tactics, it doesn't work.

Advice to Management

You may want to listen to the employees who do the work! Not the ones who think that they have better ideas from a different country!

8. "Most unorganized company of all time."

Pros

It has a New facility

Cons

Worst management, organization, pay, work conditions, deadlines, employee incentives, mistreatment of any company I've ever worked for. If I could give it 0 stars, I would...

"This company is the most degrading place I have ever worked."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA (US)

I worked at Middle Atlantic Warehouse Distributor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. Absolutely none. Anyone considering a position with this company should run. You will not be part of a a team, no matter how many times they tell you that you are. You will not get raises. You will not be respected.

Cons

No training, employees are not respected at all, management style is to degrade and embarrass employees. No raise in three years. Projects are assigned at last minute with unrealistic deadlines. You are expected to work nights and weekends with very little or no advance notice. Questions and requests for information needed to do the job go unanswered.

Advice to Management

The president's only interest is putting out wordy communications through e-mail in an attempt either to make himself look as if he is actually running a company when all he is doing is running it into the ground or to relieve his guilt at allowing company employees to be treated as poorly as they are. He is nothing more than a jerk in a suit.

10. "Uni-Select"

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Amherst, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Amherst, NY (US)

I have been working at Middle Atlantic Warehouse Distributor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The managers at the Amherst office are very approachable. There have been few if any issues scheduling vacations or time off. The flexibility of the schedule worked perfect for me.

Cons

Uni-Select as a whole has not seemed to do the greatest as of late. It is hard to say there is much room for career growth. The compensation is fair I suppose but certainly on the low end for what is expected of each employee. Moral has never seemed to be too high.

Advice to Management

What is expected of the employees in the office is not out of this world crazy but corresponding compensation should also be given.