Medpace Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2020

2.7
Medpace President and CEO August Troendle
August Troendle
Pros
  • "Free lunch (it’s a salad everyday, but it’s free, if you don’t want it then don’t eat it, delicious(in 94 reviews)

• "The training program for CRAs is intense(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of flexibility to work from home (though surely COVID-19 has proved this can be achieved(in 26 reviews)

• "poor upper management leadership(in 23 reviews)

1. "Average"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

Free salad bar, gym inside of cincinnati HQ

Cons

Minimal pay, no good process for resourcing

August 16, 2018Human Resources

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear you have enjoyed many of the on-site perks in our Cincinnati facility. We regularly review our compensation, benefits, and hiring practices to ensure we are being competitive within our industry. Should you have specific feedback about compensation or concerns, please feel free to contact your HR rep to discuss in more detail.

2. "Great Employers Provide Great Training"

5.0

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

The Training Management's trust in their employees

Cons

For some, being home-based is a deterrent

August 21, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! Medpace strives to create a company culture that values our employees, and we are very happy to hear that you have had a positive experience. Should you have any thoughts, suggestions, or concerns that come to mind, please always feel free to contact your HR rep to discuss.

3. "Great company"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

Working with a lot of great people

Cons

It can be slow at times.

July 6, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you had a great experience with Medpace. We wish you luck in your future endeavors!

4. "N/A"

Current Employee - CONTRACT CLINICAL TRIAL MANAGER in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work, lot's of work

Cons

Work/Life balance, lot's of travel

"Not recommended"

2.0
    Former Employee - Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Was able to learn some new skills that could have been useful in my position. Free salad bar and daily food truck options (not free). There is work/life balance for hourly employee because you can't work over 40 hours per week.

Cons

Hourly positions seem to be considered as "lower class" - WFH decisions were made based on hourly or salary pay, regardless of health or ability to do the job from home - or trust us to make an informed decision based on our duties. Layoffs were handled in an unprofessional way. Call was made to me with access being cut off at the end of the call, not allowing me time to communicate with my department on where things stand. I have never heard from my manager but was told by a coworker that we were told of our elimination before our manager, which created a lot of work for the rest of the department to pick up without the ability of us to train them on anything.

July 6, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear your thoughts on the organization, but assure you that we value our employees and the great success they bring to Medpace. In this uncertain time of COVID-19, Medpace, like a lot of businesses, has had to make some very difficult decisions. Although we had maintained our full workforce with full pay for the initial weeks of Ohio’s lockdown order, despite the fact that many of our positions cannot be performed if our campus is not open, unfortunately this is not a sustainable long-term option. It was a very difficult decision to release some of our on-campus staff, and we hope that the severance packages offered to them will help in part to sustain during a difficult economic time for everyone. We certainly understand the frustration and anxiety everyone has felt in this difficult time and we are confident that by working together we will get through this. We are starting to operate “business as usual” and are confident we will be able to continue our growth as the year continues. We wish you well in your future career.

"Great team in Spain"

2.0
    Former Employee - Junior CRA

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Managers in the Spanish office. 30 of holidays. Health and life insurance.

Cons

Very low salary. Huge workload.

"Degree Obsessed"

Former Employee - Project Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free lunch, cool campus, summer parties

Cons

The parking situation is rough, you need a degree to move up even if you have a ton of experience

June 22, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review. We’re glad to hear you have enjoyed the onsite perks Medpace offers at our Cincinnati campus! We enjoy throwing celebrations for our employees and providing them with lunch every day. In addition, you are correct in the fact that we highly value education at the organization. We have seen great success from this, but are very aware that we have high standards. We are comfortable with having high standards as it contributes to the success and growth of the organization. Thank you for your feedback.

8. "Young, exciting, place to work"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch, ambitious work environment, modern medicine, business and healthcare

Cons

Rude doctors, lots of seniority status

June 22, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with the organization. We strive to provide an environment that appeals to all employees and allows every individual to feel valued and heard. We take pride in the perks we provide on our campus, our training and development programs, and the tools/resources we provide our employees. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate the review.

9. "Just Okay"

Former Employee - Regulatory Affairs

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

Free salad, that's a plus

Cons

Not a bad place to start off, training could use a boost

June 22, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with Medpace and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

10. COVID-19

"Great place to grow your career"

5.0
    Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Medpace has very high standards which means you will work with very bright colleagues who will challenge you to do your best work. The training program for CRAs is intense. Medpace has also done a really good job of spreading out employees during COVID.

Cons

Managers can be very demanding. And it's disappointing that the gym and free lunch are still closed.

June 10, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear you have had a positive experience with the organization. We strive to provide an environment that appeals to all employees and allows every individual to feel valued and heard. We take pride in the perks we provide on our campus, our training and development programs, and the tools/resources we provide our employees. We are very glad to hear you enjoy your time with us and experience firsthand the wonderful training we have in place. Although we would love to re-open our fitness center, we are currently unable to meet the operational restrictions mandated by the state re-opening guidelines. For the safety of our employees, we have elected to keep the facility closed. We are hopeful we will be able to re-open soon and safely. We appreciate your feedback and thorough review!

Found 402 reviews