Medpace Reviews

Found 608 of over 645 reviews

3.1
Medpace President and CEO August Troendle
August Troendle
Pros
  • "Free lunch- varieties of salads, sandwiches, dips etc and free soda/coffee/tea(in 104 reviews)

• "The training program for CRAs is intense(in 28 reviews)

• Cons
  • "poor upper management leadership(in 36 reviews)

• "For example having the flexibility to work from home(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Great CRO!

Mar 2, 2021 - Clinical Trial Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Medpace now for a couple of years and really enjoy working in the London office. The studies I work on are interesting, often complex and mostly Biotech Sponsors who need more support than what I am used to from my previous job. I quite like working this way, but I can see that it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and mostly these people leave quickly. That said, turnover is quite low– many of my colleagues have worked here for several years, the new joiners stay as well. I saw several people return after they left, some could move to other departments or transition into offices in other countries etc. The company is continuously growing and there are always new people joining, and with that the atmosphere is upbeat, very diverse and international, everyone is working hard indeed, but this is the nature of the job! Over the years I always felt that my own dedication was recognised – I received loads of training along with many opportunities to grow, including several initiatives outside the usual day-to-day project work. Myself and colleagues around me had regular promotions since we joined. Bonus and merit is dependent on one’s performance as it should be in my opionion, and varies from year to year as is the case everywhere. From what I know of other CROs, the package is very similar. Since the office moved to the city it’s at a fabulous location at the river Thames, beautiful building, free swimming pool and gym in-house, plus plenty of organised and spontaneous social activities after work for those who want to (that was before COVID but no doubt will continue once we can go back to the office). There are some very weird reviews on this platform, and all I can say is that I recommend everyone who thinks about joining Medpace to build their own opinion.

Cons

Until recently my main issue would have been that the work from office policy was too strict, requiring employees to be 100% office based without exception, however this has thankfully been revised and will allow really good flexibility once we return after COVID!

7 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and leaving a thorough review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoy working for Medpace and all that we offer here at the organization. We do review our benefits annually and will definitely take your suggestions into consideration. We are very happy to announce the plan to maintain elements of regular work from home flexibility in most of our positions and locations after the pandemic passed and are glad to hear it’s been received so well by the employees. Should you have any other suggestions/concerns, please always feel free to contact your HR Representative. Thank you!

2. 5.0

Great place to work

May 10, 2021 - Regulatory Submission Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are very flexible and have a great environment

Cons

None that I can think of.

Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear you are enjoying the flexible culture we promote and wonderful environment here at the organization. Should you have any suggestions or specific concerns, please feel free to contract your HR Representative. Thank you!

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

Ok

Apr 2, 2021 - Marketing Coordinator in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff and good perks

Cons

Poor pay and upward mobility

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great team

Nov 17, 2020 - Senior CRA in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling visits, awesome manager

Cons

Workload can be extreme sometimes

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you are enjoying your time with the organization and the culture we promote here at Medpace. Should have you any concerns about workload, please always feel free to speak directly with your line manager/HR Rep. Thank you!

5. 5.0

Great Employers Provide Great Training

Aug 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Training Management's trust in their employees

Cons

For some, being home-based is a deterrent

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! Medpace strives to create a company culture that values our employees, and we are very happy to hear that you have had a positive experience. Should you have any thoughts, suggestions, or concerns that come to mind, please always feel free to contact your HR rep to discuss.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Aug 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free salad bar, gym inside of cincinnati HQ

Cons

Minimal pay, no good process for resourcing

Human Resources

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear you have enjoyed many of the on-site perks in our Cincinnati facility. We regularly review our compensation, benefits, and hiring practices to ensure we are being competitive within our industry. Should you have specific feedback about compensation or concerns, please feel free to contact your HR rep to discuss in more detail.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Positive Environment

Jul 28, 2021 - RSP Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, team aspect has been helpful with lots reaching out to support, great opportunity to start off career in medical field

Cons

Training starts slow and have to gradually get trained on more and more in order to have stuff to do through the day

8. 3.0
      Current Employee

Great company to learn about the workings of clinical research, but with some drawbacks.

Jul 25, 2021 - Project Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, independent work. You will learn a lot about the industry in a short amount of time.

Cons

High stress, coworkers are often too busy to help and the entire company is understaffed and undertrained. High turnover, most people leave after 6 months to a year. And finally, severely low pay for the amount of work you are expected to do.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not for me

Jul 27, 2021 - Design Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free salad bar daily (and it was really good!) Manager didn't hover over every task assigned.

Cons

Strict rules (some understandable), not used to being hourly employee and job growth wasn't what I expected in regard to my my interests. COVID hit hard and caused layoff. Apparently, my manager was not even aware until after it all happened. Work was either heavy or very minimal, not a consistent workload.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

0/10 Recommend

Jun 25, 2021 - Regulatory Submissions Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

-They have a gym - Parking in garage is ok - Used to have free salad bar, not anymore - Some events on campus

Cons

- Zero work life balance - Awful training - The pay is laughable. Upper management wonders why the turnover rate is so high and then continues to pay their employees like garbage. Any other company similar to MedPace is offering about $15,000 more in an entry level position. - No one to train new hires, then you get stuck with a bunch of people that don’t know how to do their job -No one in any department seems to fully understand their job responsibilities - Very hard to progress in the company. No clear career path is talked about with direct supervisor - Most jobs are fully capable of being completed by working remotely and instead we got a new program that said we could work 8 days a month from Home. - The way COVID was handled was a mess - No communication within the company

9 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

So do you recommend us or are you sticking with your 0/10 rating? :) Kidding of course. We recognize that we are not the right fit for you but are taken back by your comments. We strive to ensure we are place that attracts employees for the long term and where our associates can grow in their career. We’re very sorry to hear your thoughts about Medpace and the negativity you feel is within the organization. We work hard to ensure our culture is one that promotes positivity and values the employees of the organization. In addition to this, we are working hard to add more strong employees to the team in order to provide a manageable workload for everybody. We promote a very flexible culture at Medpace and are sorry to hear you feel otherwise. By allowing our employees to utilize “flex time”, we still give them the ability to have a flexible schedule that encourages a well-balanced work/home life. We recognize we cannot please everyone, but we are proud of our new policy allowing employees several days a month to work from home. We are also very proud of the training programs we have in place here at the organization, not only for new employees, but for ongoing learning as employees continue to advance within the organization. Hands-on department training is critical in developing employees within the organization, and we encourage any current employees to contact their supervisor or HR rep should they have issues with this. This is also why we have adopted a hybrid work arrangement that allows associates the freedom to choose the days that want to work remotely while providing the resources, comradery and training opportunity that an office setting supports. We also have multiple levels structured within each position in order to provide a way for our associates to have opportunities for advancement. All promotions are based upon minimum eligibility requirements as well as performance standards. We encourage all employees to review these standards with their manager, as they are a valuable resource with regard to any questions associates have about their compensation. We do also work with our Compensation and Benefits team to review salary and benchmarks to assure we are aligned with the market while also being competitive in the industry. It is very apparent that Medpace was not a good fit for you, but we appreciate the review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 608 Reviews