Managed by Q Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.8
Managed by Q CEO and Co-Founder Dan Teran
Dan Teran

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I interviewed with Managed by Q, once they noticed my skill level they pointed me in the right direction" (in 9 reviews)

• "Purpose driven company with tons of talented people and a collaborative work environment" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be a challenge" (in 9 reviews)

• "I honestly have no cons about this company" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great company to work"

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, great benefits and perks, snack available 24/7

Cons

Mostly night shift, sometimes there are only a few hours to cover.

2. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time

Pros

The camaraderie and work ethic here is unbelievable. Everyone here is striving to make this company the best that it can be. It is just a great feeling to come into work every morning and actually enjoy going into work - something I had never felt before.

The product they are building here is really going to be the next big thing in building management.

Each and every manager here is extremely attentive and supportive as well. No micromanagement, but are still there every step of the way in support and leadership. Each team lead is what makes the company a joy to work for.

The executive team is also extremely transparent about everything, which is fantastic. Those at the bottom of the totem poll even know what's going on at the top.

Really excited about the furniture.

Cons

I honestly have no cons about this company.

Advice to Management

None.

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Smart, passionate people that you can learn from and with. Managed by Q is a wonderful place to grow and develop, professionally and personally
    - Every team is hungry for feedback and genuinely wants to be better. Good ideas can come from anywhere
    - There are always interesting problems to solve. We make decisions and move quickly
    - Leadership team is transparent
    - The whole team walks the walk and lives our values

Cons

- Work/life balance can be a challenge
    - For some teams, there isn't a defined career ladder which can be stressful if you're uncomfortable with ambiguity

4. "Great Experience Overall"

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time

Pros

- Very responsive
    - Helpful and friendly
    - Very great screening process

Cons

- A lot of new management tools that can overwhelm you at first

"Proud to be part of this team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Q for the past year and a half has been the biggest gift, personally and professionally.

I’ve worked at a couple of startups in different stages, but Q was different. What drew me to the position was that I’d have the opportunity to collaborate across teams, and TRULY have a voice. I know a lot of companies preach that, but Q lives it. It doesn’t matter what team you’re on, your opinion counts and the executive team is readily available to take feedback or just go to grab coffee.

When I say I’ve had the opportunity to work with every team at Q, I mean it. It was a breath of fresh air to not be grouped into a bubble of who I should interact with based on what team I’m on. Everyone has something to learn from each other and how to make the business work better which is what makes it feel like more than a job. it feels like everyone has a major part in building something together.

At a higher level, it feels good working for a company that lives its values through and though. It changes the way you work when you feel your company has a strong moral compass. Knowing I can go to the office everyday, have supportive co-workers(like I mean top 1% of the nicest, most accepting, friendly, smart people you will ever meet) and feel really good about what we’re doing for our clients and partners is priceless.

Cons

Sometimes in the summer the AC Is way too cold..

Advice to Management

Is everyday perfect? No definitely not, and structural changes can be hard even when they make sense for the business.. Keep pushing to simplify goals. Our business is complicated and it’s easier said than done, but clear goals motivate teams even more.

6. "Operations Manager"

I worked at Managed by Q full-time

Pros

Q truly hires the smartest people and I enjoyed that the most. I’ve learned so much and it was a pleasure to work there!

Cons

None that I can think of

2 Oct, 2018 – VP of People

Hi there - thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that your experience at Q was a positive one. Best of luck to you in your future career goals! - The People & Culture Team

"Administrative Assistant... Really?"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Managed by Q full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid Training. Benefits I guess. Nice spot too.

Cons

It’s been a long time since I’ve been “hired” by Managed by the Q. But the unfortunate thing is that I have yet to start work or been placed anywhere.
    The communication is not that great and you’ll wait for a long time waiting for their response on where they want you to go.

Advice to Management

Work on those you’ve hired. Also hire the Admin. Assistants when the companys you work with needs it. It’s not cool having people wait around.

8. "I been currently working for Managed by Q for 10 months and I love it!"

Current Employee - CQS- Cleaning Quality Specialist in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - CQS- Cleaning Quality Specialist in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing benefits.
    - 401k plan and stock options.
    - Amazing work environments, with the help of the dispatch team. The office managers are great and the job is reciprocated with a thank you!
    - Great work ethics does not go unnoticed. I got promoted within 4 months of working! And currently trying to join the Customer service team!
    - Dynamic duties to fulfill with a sense of accomplishment towards the end.
    - The CEO, office managers, the staff are welcoming and very nice to all. Great office community.
    - Very Transparent
    - I am proud to say that I work for Q, and I tell all my friends!

Cons

-Honestly, in the 10 months of working for Q. I have not ran into any cons. ( seriously!?) Yes, it's possibly the best job I ever had and I am invested in the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5 Nov, 2018 – VP of People

Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It's great to hear that our Cleaning Operators are feeling recognized because they are such a valuable part of our business. We look forward... More

9. "Managed by Q"

Former Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Managed by Q full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a dedicated employee, you will get the hours you desire, and have ability to grow within the company.

Cons

The supervision is really lacking. Communication is not the strongest within the company.

Advice to Management

Find solution to the communication lull. Do not over load manager's beyond their capacity.

2 Oct, 2018 – VP of People

Hi there - thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you found there were growth opportunities within Q Services as it's been something we have been focusing on. Your comment on... More

"Administration assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid training
    Hiring process is fast

Cons

It's been about 3 months that I was so called "Hired" by this company to be an administrative assistant. Don't be fooled. This is an outsourcing company. At first they mainly focused on cleaning services, but just recently spread to administrative. During training they will talk about how great their company is amazing with great opportunities and how they want you to stay for a long time, but I believe they are only gaining employees just to say on record their company is expanding. Constantly I have to contact them and ask if new clients have come in so I can start working, but it's the same thing each week. "We're currently working with XYZ and hopefully will get something soon. " I left my job hoping this company would be great, but I was dramatically wrong.

Advice to Management

Stop adding new employees every week and focus on the ones you have now.

5 Nov, 2018 – VP of People

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're sorry to hear that it was less than positive. At Q we value transparency, so to hear you felt misled is something we take very... More