Managed by Q Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.1
Managed by Q CEO and Co-Founder Dan Teran
Dan Teran

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I interviewed with Managed by Q, once they noticed my skill level they pointed me in the right direction" (in 10 reviews)

• "A lot of employees are concerned about work-life balance in the startup space" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be a struggle at times" (in 10 reviews)

• "I honestly have no cons about this company" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great team and company goals."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Managed by Q full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- A fantastic place to learn. That is– if you are willing to ask questions and never settle for "I know enough."

- A hard-working team, really committed to making Q's "good jobs philosophy" a success by ensuring all employees earn a decent wage and have access to solid benefits (health, 401k, paid holidays, sick leave) - no matter if you're a cleaner or an engineer.

- Feedback and improvements ideas are welcomed positively. I never felt my comments would be dismissed or not addressed.

- Massive efforts to become a more diverse and unbiased work environment. Not a 100% successful, but definitely working towards that.

- Intellectually challenging (depends on team and responsibilities) - There are plenty of issues to solve, processes to be created and improved upon (it is a startup after all) - If you are a natural problem solver - this is a fantastic place for you.

- Transparent CEO and leadership. Everybody knows how the company is doing at all levels, and this really makes you feel you're working on something BIG.

Cons

- Work/life balance for some of some Services team members is non-existent. Although I think there is a personal grade of responsibility here, I encourage the company to look into this. People do burnout.

- Some inexperienced folks in director and manager level positions.

Advice to Management

- If you want to continue to grow, you have to bring people with more experience on large-scale operations (especially in the services side of the business.) or at least, be better advised on how to manage complex field operations along with an ever-growing internal workforce.

-I like what we’re building but sometimes it feels safe and uncreative. Encourage more out-of-the-box thinking, and I have no doubt Q will be a force to reckon with.

Managed by Q Response

30 Jul, 2018 – People & Culture Director

Hi there - thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in working for Q. Your insight and perspective are greatly appreciated. We also appreciate your time and dedication during... More

"Fun people solving challenging problems"

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time

Pros

- Unique and challenging focus (the platform for managing workplaces)
    - Fun and energetic teams
    - True cross-functional work
    - Cool office in a great neighborhood

Cons

- Have to be excited about working at start-up that's still working on solving a lot of hard problems, so there is a lot that changes all the time.

3. "3 years and counting"

Current Employee - Growth
    Current Employee - Growth

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Nearly 3 years and 2 teams later, I have found myself continuously challenged and engaged in the problems we are trying to solve.
    -Great opportunity for career growth. The team is incredibly supportive in helping you navigate your career path
    -We are building something that hasn't been done before and changing the way thousands of companies work

Cons

-Typical pain points of a startup - things are always changing and the turnover can be high at times. Those that have stuck around are truly dedicated and believe in the future and vision of the company.
    -Remote cities do not always get access to the same resources as HQ - this has improved significantly though
    -Need to bring in additional leadership that has helped scale a similar business model

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent about our vision and why we are are evolving our technology and service offerings. And always keeping our mission of empowering others at the forefront

4. "Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Empowering work environment
    Incredible company culture
    Great benefits

The team is outstanding. Every single person in the company thinks outside of the box and empowers one another to work better. It's an amazing feeling to come to work every day and be surrounded by people who want to help you grow.

Cons

There are no cons to working at Managed by Q.

"Senior Account Executive"

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time

Pros

-Work/life balance is amazing.
    -Ability to hit goals is realistic
    -Sales team is very positive and always giving shout outs for small wins
    -Selling a product with multiple services so it is very easy to get Yes's in the buying process
    -Team in SF is like a family and very close
    -Exciting to be in a company who has acquired two companies in the past year
    -Career growth is def. a thing here if you do well
    -the office in SF is small so we wear a lot of hats for responsibilities

Cons

-Since the HQ is in NY, it can sometimes be tough with the time change in terms of communicating internally

Advice to Management

-ensure people know where they stand and what their future looks like at Q.

6. "Great place to work & start your career"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fun people to work with
    - Fantastic opportunities
    - Happy Hours & Catered lunches
    - Lots of resources to succeed!

Cons

- Not for you if you're not open to change and the refocusing that comes with working at a startup. That being said, sales team goals are very fluid & changes from quarter to quarter.
    - You don't get very many actual holiday days, but that is offset by unlimited PTO.

7. "I heart Q!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team that works insanely hard at meaningful work. Extremely rewarding. Great culture.

Cons

Work/life balance can be a struggle at times.

8. "Great culture, great people, work you can be proud of!"

Current Employee - Office Operations in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Office Operations in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Passionate and kind co-workers. An office environment where you can feel comfortable to yourself.
    Great perks (parties, snacks, unlimited PTO)
     An environment that encourages empowering each other and empowering our clients and partners
    A clear and exciting vision for the future

Cons

The start-up world comes with lots of changes, big and small. These can be difficult to navigate but they are always made with the best intentions. You should be prepared for that when entering into any start-up environment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Keep open and honest communication. The 2019 strategy is exciting and there is a lot of great work to be done.

9. ""But everyone hates their job, right?" - WRONG."

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being part of a team where you feel like you're working together to build something is invaluable. I joined the company about 7 months ago and I can honestly say I look forward to coming to work everyday. Wether it be for the people I get to work with, the new challenges I'm faced with, or the overall feeling of walking away like my job matters - the feeling of excitement sticks with me. I feel supported, heard, and valued everyday.... what more could you ask for? A really cool mission? Managed by Q has that too.

Cons

If you're a person who doesn't want to jump in and hit the ground running, you may feel overwhelmed at first.

10. "Operator"

I have been working at Managed by Q full-time

Pros

Flexible, great workplace and room to grow

Cons

Not enough communication with supervisors.