Mammoth Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 25 April, 2017

5.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Making Instructional Screencasts For Mammoth"

Former Intern - Software Developer/Coding Instructor in Vancouver, BC
    Former Intern - Software Developer/Coding Instructor in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Mammoth Interactive as an intern

Pros

John Bura is a nice guy and a good boss.
    Great for people who like to work independently, since work was mostly self-directed.
    Lots of opportunities to learn more about various areas of programming.
    Freedom to focus on areas of interest and make videos about that.
    Fun for someone who likes to both code and perform.

Cons

Sometimes felt like I had to "teach" things that I didn't fully understand myself.
    If you're someone who hates hearing the sound of your own voice, I wouldn't recommend screencasting.
    You have to be ready to "perform" for the videos every day, which can be hard when you don't feel outgoing.
    It can be frustrating trying to get everything right in one take, although you can work around that.

2. "I Absolutely Recommend Mammoth"

Former Employee - Video Editor in Pitt Meadows, BC
    Former Employee - Video Editor in Pitt Meadows, BC

I worked at Mammoth Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is absolutely a pleasure to work with. Management is very accommodating. I felt completely comfortable working there, and would highly recommend anyone thinking of working in the tech sector to give Mammoth a look. Mammoth does everything in its power to work with you to learn and become better. As such, its not just a nine to five grind. Real self-development happens there. Best of luck to everyone!

Cons

If you're looking to be shut in a room and just work on your coding, this may not be for you. You are expected to make video tutorials, so having a good speaking voice and confidence working with a microphone is a must. Some people may not like that kind of work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

3. "Awesome startup experience"

Former Intern - Mobile Developer/Online Tutor in Vancouver, BC
    Former Intern - Mobile Developer/Online Tutor in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Mammoth Interactive as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This is probably the best place to start your career in programming. Most of the times I did not think about the theory behind each step in my algorithms, but now I have that subconsciously in my mind, and that's because I had to be able to explain why one way is better than the other. The schedule is very flexible. The ratio of prototyping versus recording is great, and it allows you to learn and experiment with new API's.

Cons

You have to keep well hydrated all the time so that you can speak clearly.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I really love the brainstorming sessions from Monday morning! Those are really insightful, and they absolutely kick-start the week!

5. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Mammoth Interactive part-time

Pros

I've been working in the Marketing dept at Mammoth Interactive, and I've really enjoyed my experience so far. John is a really nice boss to work for, and pretty flexible when it comes to hours. I like that there's a lot of room for growth within the company, because I can always make tutorials or host webinars covering the new skills I've learned, and make some extra revenue doing so.

Cons

For some, it may be a con that you have to work on-site, but it's also pretty necessary for all the teams to work together when making and editing the tutorials.