MaidPro Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Mark Kushinsky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexible hours, Monday-Friday work week" (in 8 reviews)

• "Great pay, no nights/weekends, Work independently, or with a partner if you wish" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "I was given the impression I would be a full time employee and while in trying for 9 days and receiving 8" (in 8 reviews)

• "No benefits but the atmosphere of our group and the flexible schedule make working for MaidPro so worth it" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - Residential House Cleaner in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Residential House Cleaner in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Clients, Company, and Co-Worker.
    Owners always looking out for there staff and treat us like family. Plus appreciative of our hard work
    Tips from Clients

Cons

None Really
    It's Hard work but rewarding - Its like going to the gym, gets easier the more you do

Advice to Management

Keep it up and proud to be apart of MaidPro Edmonton

"Cleaner"

I worked at MaidPro (More than a year)

Pros

- Mostly daytime hours
    - other cleaners are friendly
    - clients are great

Cons

- Mgmt talks down to their employees, belittles them and often refers to "babying" her employees if she has to actually do her work. Talks to employees like they're children.
    - Mgmt tells you to openly talk to them if you have any issues or anything at all, or when they want to talk to you about anything, they do not let you speak!! You're constantly cut off and talked over. If there's any complaints about a staff member they don't listen to what you have to say.
    - You do probably a couple hours at least of free work each week as:
    - Each day you dispatch yourself inside the office, then you unload and refill all your own supplies in the back which is about half hour each day you aren't paid for.
    - If you're doing a first time clean or a one time clean (ie move out cleans), even though you tell them from the start there's not enough time allotted to complete everything, they still tell you that you have to complete everything though you won't get paid for it!!!
    - there is a lot of favoritism shown from management
    - even though you're hired as "full time" you're lucky if you get more than 4-5 hours of work each day. And they find loop holes around paying you properly for your gas etc.
    I could go on and on about how poor this company is managed and functions but I think above is enough to give you a good idea to STAY AWAY or you will end up hating going to work every day!

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage a company and how to speak to people in general, be it an employee or a client!! Learn not to talk over people and get instantly defensive over everything.

"Dont waste your time, you'll work far too hard and receive little reimbursement for your efforts."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Pros

Nice Clients- tips from great clients can range from $5-$50 on avg.
    Food and drinks( waterbottles are supplied) free coffee or tea.

Cons

Poor Managemnent- refuse to take any accountability for mistakes made in the office, will push the responsibilities on the service workers. Favortism and clique-ey drama makes you feel like your back in high school all over again.
    Poor Pay and Low Hours- The wage isnt too bad but its piece work which is essentially paying you as little as possible for the maximum amount of work. Travel is reimbursed but not nearly enough to cover the cost of gas and wear and tear your vehicle will suffer. You will not be getting paid for your dispatch time, no breaks unless your willing to cut the time into your paycheque, and no pay for loading/unloading equipment from your vehicle.

Advice to Management

Learn to value your workers better, they are the backbone of your company.

"Good company"

Current Employee - Maid in Airdrie, AB
    Current Employee - Maid in Airdrie, AB

I have been working at MaidPro part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company
    Work independently
    No weekends or evenings
    Short days

Cons

Low pay
    Hard work
    Can be gross
    Training pay is really low
    Don't make over 15$ unless you train

Advice to Management

Wage increase

"Nobody needs an employer like this."

Former Employee - Cleaner in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Cleaner in Edmonton, AB

I worked at MaidPro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were some lovely clients to work for.

Cons

My experience with MaidPro has brought me into contact with Employment Standards, the Human Rights Commission of Alberta, Occupational Health and Safety, the Office of Information and Privacy Commissioner of Canada, and the local Community Legal Centre.

This is a company that steals from its employees by not providing compensation for time that is outlined in the Employment Standards Code as clearly being payable. It has women sign documents that they will not be provided copies of upon request. The owners later use this to intimidate them by stating that signing the papers waived certain rights that are incapable of being waived, under law.

6. "Trainer"

Current Employee - Traner in Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Traner in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment. No weekends.

Cons

It would be nice to have more incentives

7. "Cleaner"

Current Employee - Cleaner in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Cleaner in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at MaidPro part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good company that cares about there customers. Good tips . Could be long-term if you put in the dedication

Cons

If someone cancels you might not have another one so hours could be low or high.

Advice to Management

Better rotation of customers . Update all equipment

8. "Great work place"

Current Employee - House Cleaner in Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Current Employee - House Cleaner in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve been working for MaidPro for 3 years and I absolutely love it! From the friendly staff to the most humble, kindhearted boss ever!! The environment is positive. We all have a good sense of humor, open and honest, good communication, also we support each other. No nights and weekends are a plus.

Cons

Sometimes traveling distance that your not use too.

Advice to Management

Keep up all the hard work that your doing!! Carrie and Dustin rocks!!!

9. "It is a great company to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am the office manager and I love the family culture we have here. All of the employees are great cleaners and love what they do. We are able to work independently, so no worries of any micromanaging managers. Also, after you are done with your last house, you just go home. No need to come back to the office at the end of the day! Great company to work for!!!

Cons

The only con is sometimes you may get a client who isn't the nicest, or the client who thinks their home is not that bad.

MaidPro Response

6 Nov, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

It was so kind of you to write about the positive experience you are having as an employee of our independent franchisee, MaidPro Alpharetta. We know that they are one of many places talented people... More

10. "I have been a happy employee for 5 1/2 years!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere! The people are amazing to work with. All office staff are hand picked by the owner. Growth potential! I have been able to transition from one position to the next and grow and learn multiple things along the way. Support! Owner and all staff support each other. If you struggle in a specific area time is set aside with different department heads to encourage pushing you to succeed. Seminars, workshops and training are made available if its your first day or in my case my 1,977 th day. Benefits! I have a 401K profit sharing that is just given to me for my tenure here. Yes!! I have a retirement plan!!!

Cons

Some customers require a lot of patience.

Advice to Management

Learn more and Grow more.

MaidPro Response

10 Sep, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback as an employee of an independent MaidPro franchisee.  We know that it’s employees like you who uphold MaidPro’s standards and we are always looking for more... More