MaidPro Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 18 March, 2019

4.0
Mark Kushinsky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexible hours, Monday-Friday work week" (in 8 reviews)

• "Great place to work and wonderful client's and great pay" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Travel is reimbursed but not nearly enough to cover the cost of gas and wear and tear your vehicle will suffer" (in 6 reviews)

• "even though you're hired as "full time" you're lucky if you get more than 4-5 hours of work each day" (in 8 reviews)

"Great Employer"

Current Employee - Residential House Cleaner in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Residential House Cleaner in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Clients, Company, and Co-Worker.
    Owners always looking out for there staff and treat us like family. Plus appreciative of our hard work
    Tips from Clients

Cons

None Really
    It's Hard work but rewarding - Its like going to the gym, gets easier the more you do

Advice to Management

Keep it up and proud to be apart of MaidPro Edmonton

"Cleaner"

I worked at MaidPro (More than a year)

Pros

- Mostly daytime hours
    - other cleaners are friendly
    - clients are great

Cons

- Mgmt talks down to their employees, belittles them and often refers to "babying" her employees if she has to actually do her work. Talks to employees like they're children.
    - Mgmt tells you to openly talk to them if you have any issues or anything at all, or when they want to talk to you about anything, they do not let you speak!! You're constantly cut off and talked over. If there's any complaints about a staff member they don't listen to what you have to say.
    - You do probably a couple hours at least of free work each week as:
    - Each day you dispatch yourself inside the office, then you unload and refill all your own supplies in the back which is about half hour each day you aren't paid for.
    - If you're doing a first time clean or a one time clean (ie move out cleans), even though you tell them from the start there's not enough time allotted to complete everything, they still tell you that you have to complete everything though you won't get paid for it!!!
    - there is a lot of favoritism shown from management
    - even though you're hired as "full time" you're lucky if you get more than 4-5 hours of work each day. And they find loop holes around paying you properly for your gas etc.
    I could go on and on about how poor this company is managed and functions but I think above is enough to give you a good idea to STAY AWAY or you will end up hating going to work every day!

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage a company and how to speak to people in general, be it an employee or a client!! Learn not to talk over people and get instantly defensive over everything.

"Dont waste your time, you'll work far too hard and receive little reimbursement for your efforts."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Pros

Nice Clients- tips from great clients can range from $5-$50 on avg.
    Food and drinks( waterbottles are supplied) free coffee or tea.

Cons

Poor Managemnent- refuse to take any accountability for mistakes made in the office, will push the responsibilities on the service workers. Favortism and clique-ey drama makes you feel like your back in high school all over again.
    Poor Pay and Low Hours- The wage isnt too bad but its piece work which is essentially paying you as little as possible for the maximum amount of work. Travel is reimbursed but not nearly enough to cover the cost of gas and wear and tear your vehicle will suffer. You will not be getting paid for your dispatch time, no breaks unless your willing to cut the time into your paycheque, and no pay for loading/unloading equipment from your vehicle.

Advice to Management

Learn to value your workers better, they are the backbone of your company.

"Good company"

Current Employee - Maid in Airdrie, AB
    Current Employee - Maid in Airdrie, AB

I have been working at MaidPro part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company
    Work independently
    No weekends or evenings
    Short days

Cons

Low pay
    Hard work
    Can be gross
    Training pay is really low
    Don't make over 15$ unless you train

Advice to Management

Wage increase

"Nobody needs an employer like this."

Former Employee - Cleaner in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Cleaner in Edmonton, AB

I worked at MaidPro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were some lovely clients to work for.

Cons

My experience with MaidPro has brought me into contact with Employment Standards, the Human Rights Commission of Alberta, Occupational Health and Safety, the Office of Information and Privacy Commissioner of Canada, and the local Community Legal Centre.

This is a company that steals from its employees by not providing compensation for time that is outlined in the Employment Standards Code as clearly being payable. It has women sign documents that they will not be provided copies of upon request. The owners later use this to intimidate them by stating that signing the papers waived certain rights that are incapable of being waived, under law.

6. "I'm loving it here"

Current Employee - Pro - Cleaner in Annapolis, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Pro - Cleaner in Annapolis, MD (US)

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really enjoy workin ghere. Managment treats everyone fairly and with respect. Very independent place to work. No one looking over your shoulder. They share feeback from customers right away. If customers complain they talk to you to hear your side of the story instead of just believing the customer. Hours work well with my personal life. Good tips and you get to take them home each day. You get to choose if you work by yourself or with a partner. They are flexible with scheduling. If you want a promotion they are available.

Cons

Only con is that work is physical

Advice to Management

Doing great

7. "I Love working for MaidPro!"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Family-like business and great support

Cons

No benefits and low pay

7 Feb, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

It was so kind of you to write about the positive experience you are having as an employee of our franchisee, MaidPro Raleigh North. We know that they are one of many places talented people like you... More

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Cleaning Pro
    Current Employee - Cleaning Pro

I have been working at MaidPro full-time

Pros

Great job, gives me flexibility. Good pay for the area, and higher than the other cleaning companies in Marin. Really great people! They also give promotions to their employees and regular raises. Every month, we get bonuses based on performance.

Cons

Cleaning is hard work, but it can be rewarding!

25 Feb, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're committed to ensuring a culture of caring and respect by our franchisee employers and appreciate the dedication and hard work employees like you provide to... More

9. "Great place to work"

I worked at MaidPro part-time

Pros

Owner really tries to work with your schedule. He is very understanding and he recognizes all the good that you do unlike some other owners or managers. They really value you.

Cons

There aren’t really any cons except maybe pay rate could be better.

"terrible women"

Former Employee - House Cleaner in Springfield, MO (US)
    Former Employee - House Cleaner in Springfield, MO (US)

I worked at MaidPro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i really really enjoyed working at maidpro! at the beginning of the day, you'd get your list of clients and set off for the day. you drive yourself from house to house from your personal car (there was only one company car we were allowed to take if our house was far away enough). it's pretty laid back! you start out training with a partner and accompany them to their weekly houses until you receive your own list of clients

Cons

first of all, for months i worked with partners. they told me i would be working alone after probably the first three weeks and yet they never assigned me my own houses. (not a big deal, but i missed out on hours doing this and i prefer solidarity) the women were nice at first but at some point for some reason i started getting scheduled less and less, eventually my work week decreased to only a day a week (i was full time, and every time i would come in they sent me home because there "wasn't anything for me") and i asked quite a few times if i was doing a good enough job to meet their standards and everytime they told me i was doing great! well, finally after a few weeks i came in and my boss fired me for "not being fast enough" and told me that i have a very negative work attitude. keep in mind, i am 18 and just graduated high school and i have been living on my own since i was 17. i had plans to start college during the upcoming semester and now i've had to push back starting my future because of the unprofessionalism of this company. if i could give zero stars i would! (i now work at a holiday inn and you can give my manager a call and she'll laugh in your face if you even mentioned my name and the word slow in the same sentence)

25 Feb, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We're so sorry you were unhappy with your experience as an employee of our franchisee, MaidPro Springfield, MO. We are constantly working to ensure that the employees of our franchisees are valued... More