Heyday AI Reviews

Heyday AI CEO Steve Desjarlais
Steve Desjarlais
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great employees, culture and product!

Apr 22, 2021 - Sales Representative in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Bold and empathetic people - Flexible work schedule - Fast growing company - Lots of opportunities to learn - Take new responsibilities

Cons

- Important to be able to quickly adapt as its growing fast.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

I've never had so much fun at my job

Mar 2, 2021 - Manager in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people and culture. Innovative product that my family can understand and enjoy using This company makes a difference for the retail and e-commerce industry

Cons

You have to bring your game to the next level since everybody is so sharp.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture

Jan 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- diversity - hyper growth environment - culture

Cons

- needs ability to adapt

4. 5.0

Fast Paced Environment with lots of room for growth & development

Sep 22, 2020 - Sales in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will learn a lot, you will make a difference and have to make important decisions. Executives and manager want to hear your thoughts and ideas on improvements or developments.

Cons

The pace is fast, really fast: you need to be a quick learner, be able to stay organized and focused on delivering what matters and will have the biggest impact.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best tech start-up to work in Montreal

Jul 6, 2020 - Vice President Product
    Business Outlook

Pros

Days go by fast, and the work is meaningful! - kind and human founding team - exciting work in fast moving AI sector - truly smart and competent colleagues - everyone's work is highly valued

Cons

Lot's of work to do! Strategic and prioritization skills are key if you want to be successful here

Head of Talent &Culture

We are truly grateful for your comment! We are doing our best so our team members can feel this way :)

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Meh

Oct 6, 2019 - Software Developer in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting product and technology. - Good base salary. - Competent technical management. - Some nice plants in the office.

Cons

- You're expected to work nights and weekends without overtime pay, which is illegal in Quebec, but they don't explicitly ask you to work overtime, just that you "take responsibility for the project", for which there is no room to budge on the timeline or scope, and nobody is going to help you get it done. Then they tell you explicitly to work overtime without pay, but don't worry, everyone is very nice about it, except when they deride you in meetings for being behind schedule. - Stock options are more of a mirage than anything; they won't put anything in writing, and they'll work you like a dog from your third week, but it will take them 3 months to figure if you're even going to be eligible for options. Then it may take up to 6 months before they get around to starting the clock on your one-year cliff, at which point you'll only be 12 months away from vesting 25% of what they promised you (the right to buy stock in the company at the price it was when you joined, which they don't tell you), except that the company only has enough funding to last it maybe another 8 months, and you'll be thinking about leaving within 2 months.

Head of Talent &Culture

Dear Former Employee, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We understand your point about our Stock Options Plan. Clearly, we have room for improvement regarding the communication around this. This is something we are working on to make sure that all our people understand how it works and how it is beneficial to everyone one of us. We don’t want to make an excuse out of it, but that’s true that with the recent and still ongoing huge growth of the company, they are some things that might fall thought the cracks temporarily :/ However, we’d like to emphasize the fact that we are proud to be a well-funded company and that offering stock options to every employee is extremely important for us! On another note, as a fast-growing start-up we also understand this type of atmosphere and work environment may suit some more than others. Teamwork and delivering high-quality product on-time for our clients are some of our top priorities and our clients’ satisfaction is our reward ;) But we remain sorry you did not feel like you had a good work experience here. That being said, we wish you luck in your future endeavors. Should you wish to elaborate on what could have helped you excel more in your role at Heyday, feel free to reach out to our Head of Talent & Culture at jessie@heyday.ai.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great team, with growing pains

Jul 13, 2020 - Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative, helpful team that's always willing to help, most of founding team is great, fair compensation and benefits, great dev team

Cons

unclear strategy and leadership at times, but i guess to be expected in start up env

Head of Talent &Culture

Thank you for your comment! We keep working on reducing growing pains, and do not hesitate to reach out if you have any idea for concrete improvements we could make ;)

8. 5.0

Best job of my career

Oct 22, 2019 - Marketing in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Heyday is a high-growth AI startup that has amazing momentum. I feel like I have a ton of opportunities to grow here and management team fully supports my initiatives. Like any startup, it's moving fast and no day is the same. For anybody with a growth mindset, I highly recommend it.

Cons

I have a hard time finding cons to this place. Heyday is designed for self-driven people. If you aren't self-driven, you could find the place moving too fast but then you're maybe not made to work in high-growth startup environments.

Head of Talent &Culture

Thank you!! We're glad to read you're enjoying your experience here at its fullest!

9. 5.0

The place to be ;)

Jan 6, 2020 - Team Lead Developer in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Ambitious and innovative project - You will quickly feel important for the company, we feel the confidence of the co-founders - Learn new/recent technology - Good atmosphere and great location in Montreal - If you are proactive you will love this place : your ideas really matter

Cons

- Nothing to say, sorry ;)

Head of Talent &Culture

Thank you so much, we couldn't be happier to be the place to be! ;)

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dynamic, innovating and friendly environment

Oct 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Possibility to implement news ideas - You learn new things every day - The team is friendly and diverse - The founders are passionate and are willing to share the ownership with the team - Recognition of people work - The clients are very nice - Nice office in the plateau - Nice balance personal life/ work

Cons

It's a startup so it moves fast! It might not be for everyone, but I love it!

Head of Talent &Culture

You're right, a start-up fast-paced environment is not everyone but we're glad you see the positive aspects of it! Thank you for your feedback :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews