HealthyPets Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

HealthyPets Reviews

Updated Nov 17, 2019

4.2
HealthyPets CEO James Young  (no image)
James Young
Pros
  • "There's even a game room with video games and a pool table for us to use(in 11 reviews)

• "Amazing Break room with a pool table, a giant chess set, and vintage arcade games(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, but great entry level experience(in 8 reviews)

• "There are no Cons that I felt or saw dying my stay(in 5 reviews)

1. "Plenty of opportunities for raises and promotions"

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time

Pros

If you put in good work, you're going to see bumps in your salary to reflect that. They primarily promote from within, too and they don't care how long you've been working there—if you show promise and you take initiative, you'll probably get a promotion. In just over two years, I turned an entry level job into a career, so I know other people can too.

Cons

Nothing specific. Not every day is perfect, but there's nothing too bad.

HealthyPets2019-11-17
  2. "Phenomenal co-workers and teamwork"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time

Pros

Great collaboration across departments and amazing teamwork. Fair pay. Healthy work-life balance. I never lack the motivation to learn new skills and upgrade my knowledge. I feel I learn something new every day (although I have an extensive professional background). Management is easy to work with – concerns are addressed, there is a lot of guidance and coaching, hard work is appreciated and rewarded.

Cons

Nothing major to share. We should simply maintain and foster this positive and friendly atmosphere, so that any issue can be resolved without much hustle.

HealthyPets2019-11-09
  3. "Heading in the right direction"

Current Employee - Accounting Assistant in Fremont, CA

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time

Pros

It's a work environment filled with respect, collaboration and support. I have advanced my professional knowledge and gained valuable hands-on experience here. Hard work is recognized and you can move up the corporate ladder pretty rapidly. The management is invested in the growth of the employees, which creates a motivational and inspirational atmosphere. I enjoy being part of this vibrant and dynamic team.

Cons

I wouldn't call this a con, but it's worth considering: the management is goal and vision-driven. So, we must stay focused on our priorities and demonstrate strong organizational skills in every task we accomplish.

HealthyPets2019-11-07
  4. "High standards allow the company to run smoothly"

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time

Pros

They've got high standards for the service we give our clients and every aspect of the company reflects that. The training is top of the line and allows for a TON of insight into the industry. I've been more than prepared for this job than I have for any job I've had before. They take a lot of time doing things the right way and making sure our processes are simple and effective. It's allowed me to do my job... extremely well and create good relationships throughout the company.

Cons

We work hard, management doesn't tolerate slackers.

HealthyPets2019-11-12

"Fun and motivational environment"

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is flexibility in my schedule and I love it! It's a collaborative environment with lots of support from managers and teammates. I have developed my skills significantly and I have gained valuable field-specific knowledge while being here. I feel motivated to invest time in my professional growth and even started to take online courses to upgrade my skills further. It feels great to be a part of a team that... encourages to uncover your true potential.

Cons

I think we need to enhance the communication across teams so that we can be more effective in our individual tasks.

HealthyPets2019-10-21

"Great Co-workers, Pathetic Coordination"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Union City, CA

I worked at HealthyPets full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like working with people who care for pets as much as I do.

Cons

The communication between different teams is dreadful. The management needs to improve it. It often causes unwanted arguments. Also, it is the key reason for the blame games played here. Maybe they need to hire some consultants to improve inter-departmental communication.

Advice to Management

Work on making your employees united and help them work as a team.

HealthyPets2019-11-05
  7. "Smaller, agile business"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Union City, CA

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like that it's a smaller company. There's a lot of individual attention and they really care about giving us the tools to get our customers the best service. Since we're smaller we're able to adapt easily, too. If someone has an unconventional request or if we find that the industry is shifting, we're able to shift too without a problem.

Cons

There haven't been any real cons to working here.

HealthyPets2019-09-25
  8. "Only Dreams of Better Pay"

Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at HealthyPets full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer employees discounts, but I don't have a pet, so I get no such benefits

Cons

Employees at this company can only dream of a pay raise. They don't reward employees that way If you meet their crazy deadlines, they might share a few words with you, but won't give the financial rewards you get. Also, they push you to meet unrealistic deadlines more often than you want.

Advice to Management

Pay better. You are making money by selling super expensive pet products.

HealthyPets2019-10-16
  9. "Great products that I use myself"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Union City, CA

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the products we sell – being able to get a discount for my pets is one of the biggest reasons I took the job with them. We have everything you could ask for in stock, from organic food and treats to every homeopathic treatment. We’re already cheaper than the pet stores too, so having a discount on top of that has been great. It’s pretty cool having a well-paying job that helps me save money, too.

Cons

Next to none really that I can think of

HealthyPets2019-09-09

"I was hired right out of college"

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time

Pros

I don't think I could have found a better job right out of college. The people are amazing! Everyone has helped me out so much to get my career started. The company is awesome, too. There's even a game room with video games and a pool table for us to use. I can't imagine there's a lot of companies with something like that for their employees.

Cons

It was kind of hard getting started, but there was a ton of help along the way.

HealthyPets2019-09-15