Forex Steam Reviews

Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Working on new updates

Oct 30, 2019 - Back End Developer in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Brought in to work on some new updates for Forex Steam. Team is easy to get along with. Team is very talented / intelligent. Hoping to stay on with Forex Steam after contract for more work.

Cons

Deadlines are tight, and force overtime.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good to See Forex Steam on Top

Oct 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Spent a few years developing my skills with Forex Steam. This EA development group helped me in a multitude of ways. -Helped me become a better trader by analyzing more aspects of the market. -Helped me become a better coder by teaching me the ins and outs of the MQL4 coding language. -Helped me become a more confident person by putting me in stressful positions and making me work my way out of them.

Cons

Very high stress place to work, lots of competition to be the best. Internal competition.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

182 Comments

Tech

35.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Forex Steam~2163776
    Join the conversation on
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

EA Development With Forex Steam

Jul 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Forex Steam provided me with my first real taste of automated online trading development. I've been a long time coder, working with many different languages, and when they approached me after I won a popular coding contest I was quite surprised. Since I've started with Steam, and worked with them for some time, I've learned a lot. - Worked in a team based environment with skilled traders. - Taught how trading works, and how I can influence the markets with my coding experience. - Making frequent updates to ensure the software is connected to the current market conditions.

Cons

- The work can be difficult and long winded at times.

5. 5.0
    Former Freelancer, less than 1 year

Came into clean code

Oct 15, 2020 - Code Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Forex Steam is great. Everyone was really nice and worked hard to achieve their goals. It is a very competitive environment which made me thrive because they really want what's best for their software.

Cons

Boss micro manages too much.

Continue reading
  6. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Trading isn't easy but it can be

Apr 13, 2020 - Product Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Forex Steam was very good at making me feel welcome, and giving me real purpose. I helped traders on a day to day basis better their approach and win more trades. I am very happy to have had the opportunity, and hope that they hire me back when they release another update and need extra help.

Cons

Only part time work available, hoping for something steadier.

7. 5.0

Short but effective time with Forex Steam

Dec 13, 2019 - Senior Strategy Analyst in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

The group was very good to work with, and took the majority of my advice. I feel that I really shaped the foundation of their recent product, and I have even been using it myself now successfully for a couple of years.

Cons

Short and fast work experience, wanted more.

8. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Forex steam is a great ea by great people

May 15, 2019 - Development Assistant in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The work was complex, difficult, challenging (all things I like) -The employer and employees were easy to get along with. -The robot is making a positive difference in many peoples lives, which is an added bonus.

Cons

-They weren't able to keep me on very long.

9. 4.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Working on their V10 Update

May 24, 2019 - V10 Specialist in Saint John, NB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Joined Steam last year to help them with upgrading to Version10. It's been a long arduous journey but we are nearing the point where this will be released, and my job completed. The team worked with me, and gave me all the resources I needed to succeed. They followed directions and challenged me as well. But, in the end, we got the software to where it needs to be. I have faith that Forex Steam will be performing very well for 2019-2020 and beyond thanks to the work we did this past year.

Cons

It's just sad to see my time with ForexSteam come to an end.

10. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Forex Steam Audit

May 7, 2019 - Strategy Analyst in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came in to the Forex Steam fold to audit their strategy and process. What I found was that the company is well run, and that the strategy is on par with the most expensive systems in the market, if not more advanced. A very good product, and company.

Cons

Nothing negative to contribute at this time.

11. 5.0

Helping Forex Steam get better

Apr 10, 2019 - Trailing Stop Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Forex Steam group brought me in to solidify their trailing stop feature. Now, their trailing stop is extremely effective. It still isn't in their default setup, but it's my recommendation to set pip retrace to false and then use the trailing stop feature. Obviously I am bias but this is the approach I recommend.

Cons

It was a short time with the group, and I wanted to accomplish more.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews