Flight Network Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Naman Budhdeo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Experience. Great Company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Flight Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-2018 is a very exciting time at Flight Network as it lays the foundation for some really challenging initiatives that will set the stage for its growth for years to come.
    -Staff are collaborative, bright and passionate about the projects at the company.
    -Flat organization with easy access to senior leadership. Each of the executives are keen for great new ideas from their teams.
    -Fun company socials with free beer, snacks and lunch once a week.
    -Increased focus on people development.

Cons

-Systems and reporting tools are challenging to work with. However, there were plans in place when I was still there to improve this.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in projects core to the company vision/strategy and continue to trust your teams to plan and execute them.

"Flightnetwork review"

Former Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON

I worked at Flight Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great innovative company. The CEO is the owner of the company which makes the decision making more straight and understandable. The office is close to Union station. Friendly workplace, flat company without primadonna titles, share knowledge and very skilled colleagues. Flightnetwork investing in new technology which makes the company interesting to work for. The company is very profitable.

Cons

I dont have anything to add

"Awful"

Former Employee - Director in Oakville, ON
    Former Employee - Director in Oakville, ON

I worked at Flight Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When you go to your next job it is heaven

Cons

Dictatorial company, terrible management, highly profitable however terrible place to work

Advice to Management

Change Naman stop him from having day to day operational say

21 Dec, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. We are committed to creating a transparent and collaborative environment for all employees so we are disappointed to hear about some of your experiences.

We have been... More

"Enjoyed Working There"

Former Employee - Product Support
    Former Employee - Product Support

I worked at Flight Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging fast paced environment. The flight industry is very interesting and I learned a lot here; new technology, marketing, product. Free breakfast, catered weekly lunches, all day snacks were definitely perks while working there. Fun work events. Great employees, everyone pitching in to make things better. Respected the CTO, he was very knowledgeable, encouraging and supportive.

Cons

For me personally it was the new location

"Everyone is pushing hard to improve culture and company"

I have been working at Flight Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CTO is great and tries to do his best to address every employee's concern. The company overall is doing its best at changing the culture and the communication but some employees need to pitch in on this and not expect execs to do magic. Every single person matters.

Cons

There are still mixed messages between levels of leadership and many processes still need improvement to set a better focus/goals for teams and employees. Growth and opportunities seem to be an aspect that needs a lot of elaboration still and is one that is important to every employee.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on trying to improve the culture and the company, it shows and I hope other employees start pitching in!

"Up & coming"

I have been working at Flight Network full-time

Pros

A progressive company that has a great product as well as a plan for future growth. The move to downtown Toronto into a very cool office space will help to foster creativity. The company has great idea which just need to be executed.

Cons

Flight Network is struggling with how to make the transition from a conservative travel organization into a cool and funky technology company. Still many "old school" thinkers who are afraid to embrace the change the company is trying to make.

Advice to Management

Stick to your guns and if you truly want to be a cool and hip tech company then invest in the people and create a culture that is the total opposite of what you have now. Make it OK to have fun in the workplace!

"Fast Paced, Challenging and Fun!"

I have been working at Flight Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is getting ready to kick butt and take names which is always exciting to be a part of. Being here for less than a year, here are some of the things I've learned to really enjoy about working at Flight Network so far:

-Challenging projects that are cross-functional in nature. I love working with and learning about different teams in the company. Opportunity to see this every day.
    -A clear effort by management to make an integrated and fun work environment. Weekly company lunches provided during update sessions, new benefits program, company band, sporting events, free snacks and breakfast to name a few.
    -Open door policy with full executive team. Each of them seem genuinely interested in hearing new ideas that have the potential to help the company grow and succeed.
    -Company is family owned, which allows for decisions to happen very quickly. There is no board of director or shareholder loopholes to go through before strategic change can take place.
    -New office moving downtown.

Cons

-There is always risk in fast growth (but equally rewards).
    -There appears to be a negative perception about working at Flight Network on this website. It was a red-flag and a deterrent for me joining at first. I'm very glad that despite what I read on here I still went through the interview process and gave the company a chance. I haven't regretted it since!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on culture and growth!

"Looks like nothing has changed here. Still very bad."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON

I worked at Flight Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for this company in 2013/2014. I have since worked for its competitor. I would say that the biggest "pro" of working here is that there is a very good chance that you will love your next job/employer after you are done here.

Cons

Remember it as a very badly managed environment. I have managed to help a few employees leave this place. Reading the reviews, its sad to see the same themes occurring over again. And the fake "growth....culture change" reviews which are from management.

Advice to Management

N/A

30 Apr, 2017

We are sorry you had a negative experience working here 4 years ago, which makes it difficult to address any concerns. We have made numerous changes over the last 4 years and the responses from a... More

"Huge change in the last year"

I have been working at Flight Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The speed of improvements in the company is tremendous. Few things to highlight:
    - New Toronto office, with completely upgraded environment
    - Lots of cool technologies ( Rect, Redux, Angular, Java, Node )
    - Super friendly team members

Cons

I would point out lots of cons, if I would comment this 10 months ago, but all of those cons have been fixed and improved since than.

Advice to Management

Keep rolling

"Frustrating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON

I have been working at Flight Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Social aspects are the only pros here.
    - Great people; the only thing that is worth showing up every day for as you are all in the same mindset
    - Fun events
    - Fam trips

Cons

- Not a competitive salary, even after many years with the company
    - Favouritism, some people can come and go as they wish or work from home as desired. Others can barely even take an hour off for an appointment and are given a hard time in an emergency situations for needing to work from home
    - People doing the jobs of 5 people
    - Expected to stay late every single night, not ideal for employees with children
    - Very very high turn around - an unhealthy amount of people fired and leaving. At what point will it become obvious that it's not the people, it's the company
    - Such a high number of employees leaving affects employees that are still there - having to cover the missed work on top of our own tasks and feeling uneasy about our position and getting fired ourselves
    - Growth opportunity is very limited, no clear path on where you can go or work towards
    - Whole company has not received pay increases or bonuses (for a couple of years in a row) because of company yearly performance (but for reasons out of employees hands that we did not meet our goals)

Advice to Management

True management training would be very beneficial. Slapping 'manager' or 'director' on someone's title does not seem to be working.

All in all, everyone who shows up here with great plans to make changes seems to get fed up and quit or gets fired for probably speaking up too much or not agreeing with someone. Why not have an adult discussion to fix the problem instead of jumping to an extreme situation right away and firing an employee who has dedicated their time and effort to your company.

27 Mar, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. With the goal of becoming an “Employer of Choice” we know we have some things to improve on and have recently made significant investments in benefits, communications... More