Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I am a full-time employee, that has been employed by Dollarama, (head cashier) for over two years.

Mar 4, 2013 - Head Cashier in London, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Customers, are one of the best reasons for working at Dollarama. Never will you find a more happier group of satisfied customers, then the ones shopping at Dollarama. The praise, the rave reviews (all the great products we have, at such unbelievable prices) and the positive feedback that I hear from our Costumers, is what makes working at Dollarama, such a rewarding experience. The next great thing would be, the flexibility of Dollaramas work environment . There is no uniform. Appropriate attire is reasonably expected. Dollarama also has a flexible work schedule, to suit the different needs of employees. As an employer they are quite amendable in creating a schedule or making adjustments that work for you. Lastly, I would say that exposure to all those great deals Dollarama has to offer, is a great benefit.

Cons

Dollarama store employees are paid minimum wage to start and only receive a wage increase of 10 cents a year. Dollarama does not offer its store employees, any type of employee discount. Many employees that work in Dollaramas retail store, feel that they are not given enough time to complete the tasks that are required of them. The cash registers are outdated. If a void is needed, the cashier is required to call a code 8 over the p.a system and wait for a keyholder or member of management to come up and perform the void. This is rarely done in a timely manor. The customer is left waiting 2-3 minutes along with the rest of the people in line. This makes the costumer feel put on the spot and extremely uncomfortable. We also have older debit machines that always do not want to co-operate, causing our costumers further grief. In retail it is only required that full-time employees get a minimum of 25 hours a week compared to 40 hours a week for full-time employes in other employment sectors.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Jun 6, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people nice environment and good paid

Cons

Customer in this store is A little bit picky

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Freelancer

Amazing Company To Work For

May 29, 2022 - Regional Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to catch on, and have a steady work schedule

Cons

Income Benifits Time of position They could call you in when you were not ready Need a steady partner

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Dollarama.