Delta Hotels Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Delta Hotels Reviews

Updated 2 Nov 2019

3.6
Delta Hotels CEO Kenneth M. Greene (no image)
Kenneth M. Greene
Pros
  • "Good benefits, competitive pay and a positive corporate culture made Delta a pleasure to work for(in 10 reviews)

• "Great team, great benefits, flexible schedule(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great!"

I have been working at Delta Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work, lots of advancement opportunities

Cons

Sometimes shift work can become quite tedious

Delta Hotels2019-10-28

"Attitude is a reflection of leadership"

Former Employee - Banquets/Events

I worked at Delta Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Training is very important & encouraged amongst staff Some of the department heads are absolutely amazing, engaged and willing to do anything to help. Worldwide discounts after Marriott bought the company. Growth and training is encouraged, upward advancement is always talked about.

Cons

Owners expected the world on absolutely no budget, slashing staff to less than half in some departments. Discounted guestroom rates became way more stingy after Marriott purchase. Leadership teams was brutal when making decisions or helping out. Way too many meetings - hours of meetings, daily. All of the Marriott processes take SO LONG, doubling (or even tripling) the amount of time it took to do things the... Delta way. Delta pay is among the lowest in the Marriott family - we had to fight for every dollar we made.

Advice to Management

When on-site management is obsessed with the bottom line, they will never have their staff's back. When you don't have your staff's back, you will lose good staff. It really sucks to work for a place where the GM will turn around and undermine their staff, who have been trying to follow the rules, just to make himself look good and make a client happy.

Delta Hotels2019-11-01

"Don’t Work Here"

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Delta Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you can get your work done quickly and efficiently you can have free time Covered (but bad) lunches Regular hours

Cons

Forced Overtime Manipulative Management Union is never there No growth Refused days off (even months in advance) Would lose your paperwork for days off

Delta Hotels2019-11-02
  4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Assistant Front Office Manager in Canmore, AB

I worked at Delta Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Now owned by Marriott, I worked through the transition and would recommend Marriott to anyone looking for a hotel job / career

Cons

the best Canadian hotel company was bought out.

Advice to Management

Thank you.

Delta Hotels2019-10-01
  5. "Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Event Manager

I have been working at Delta Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance Hotel discounts Growth opportunities

Cons

Sometimes difficult navigation of associate website

Delta Hotels2019-09-20
  6. "Impossible to ever get to FT"

Current Employee - Switchboard Operator in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Delta Hotels part-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff meal each shift although deducted from your pay, uniform dry cleaning, employee rates on hotels, allows you time off whenever requested.

Cons

Expensive parking, management unkind to staff and plays favouritism, older staff don’t know how to use the electronic equipment and aren’t trained on it so do half the job of the young people who do know how and are expected to do the more but older people doing less don’t get retrained or disciplined for it. Promised more hours when hired then I ever received as a way for me to take the job. Was quoted a higher pay... when offered the job then I received also.

Advice to Management

Be honest and transparent when hiring staff what you’re truly offering so, you’ll get staff that stay as, the turn over rate is astounding. Management yelling and loosing their cool at staff isn’t cool either and when employees threaten other employees the person threatened should be looked after. Also keep being promised I’ll get benefits soon and over a year and a half, almost 2 years and still none.

Delta Hotels2019-10-13
  7. "Flexible working hours in the restaurant"

Former Employee - Host/Hostess

I worked at Delta Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- flexibility to work while at university - friendly coworkers - free meals - training - discounts for marriott hotels - ability to switch departments within the hotel

Cons

- working all holidays - low season, less hours

Delta Hotels2019-08-12
  8. "Really good benifits and perfect working condtion"

Current Employee - Second Cook in St. John's, NL

I have been working at Delta Hotels part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work place and mangment

Cons

Big working spaces less whostoons foe employess

Advice to Management

More washrooms for employees

Delta Hotels2019-06-24

"Overworked and poor supervisors"

Former Employee - Room Attendant in Moncton, NB

I worked at Delta Hotels part-time for less than a year

Pros

Co workers were amazing and truly without them I would not have lasted as long as I did.

Cons

First and foremost the expectations on behalf of Delta/Marriott are absolutely insane in terms of the speed that room attendants are expected to work. You want us to do 30+ mins of work in 15 minutes and you want it done perfectly. We are expected to clean the ENTIRE room - beds, bathrooms, floors, walls and everything in between, restock everything, make the beds with not a single wrinkle and shine the silverware... at lightning speed. The pressure your supervisors put on us is quite frankly, disgusting. Delta does not care about their employees. They talk all this game when you get hired about easing you into the job, helping you learn etc and my first day working I had a full load and a couple extra because people keep quitting. They pay minimum wage, maybe a touch more and will keep you in part time purgatory so they don’t have to give you benefits. After they decide they like you you get taught ways to cut corners because we simply do not have the time to do what they expect within a working day. It’s sad and leads to mistakes because we are so rushed to clean these rooms and not get in trouble. Treat your employees better.

Advice to Management

It’s not rocket science - do a better job!!!

Delta Hotels2019-07-25
  10. "good place to grow your strength"

I worked at Delta Hotels full-time

Pros

they pay really well even for starters

Cons

they don't care about their staffs

Delta Hotels2019-05-09