DAC Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2020

3.9
DAC CEO & Managing Partner Norm Hagarty (no image)
Norm Hagarty
Pros
  • "Free Breakfast and lunch, nice managers, supportive staff and team members, team environments(in 13 reviews)

• "Benefits are great, a huge awareness of work/life balance, and everyone here is happy(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Really none, the senior management is always open to hearing issues and seems to sincerely want to work with everyone(in 7 reviews)

• "No room for growth within the company, everyone plays favourites(in 4 reviews)

"Great company with great people!"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in North York, ON

I have been working at DAC full-time for more than a year

Pros

In DAC you'll have the opportunity to work with great people in a friendly environment. If you want to work with cutting edge technologies, this is the place. I've been working in DAC for a year and in the past year I've learned so many new skills. The biggest advantage of this company is that they let their employees experiment new technologies and they're always open to new ideas.

Cons

Sometimes you need to work extra hours, but that can vary from team to team.

2. "Good company to work for"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Toronto, ON

I worked at DAC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Company Culture and pleasant atmosphere to work at

Cons

Management can be improved further

3. "Great place to work."

5.0

I have been working at DAC full-time

Pros

People are very smart and kind.

Cons

Sometimes you are expected to work long hours

4. "Excellent environments to work in teams"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at DAC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Breakfast and lunch, nice managers, supportive staff and team members, team environments. learning environment. Lots of learning opportunities as new technologies are promoted.

Cons

As long as I worked here, I don't see any

"DAC"

I worked at DAC full-time for more than a year

Pros

- provides breakfast and snack - free gym facilities in the building - office is close to the highway and subway

Cons

- poor management, high turnover - no room for growth within the company - family run business with favoritism - no life/work balance - toxic work environment

6. "I had a great time at DAC"

4.0
    Former Employee - Applications Developer

I worked at DAC full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible work hours, daily snacks, free parking

Cons

sometimes snack is awful

"You could do better"

Current Employee - CRM Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at DAC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some pros include: - daily breakfast and snacks - near the 401 and subway - MOST people where a treat to work with

Cons

- Benefits are horrendous - No work from home ( even though they say they do) - 4 weeks personal time off ( this includes sick days) - no pension - company is run by employees who have been with them for 15+ years - they say be open and communicate and then will get rid of those employees

December 2, 2019VP Human Resources

Thank you for your comment. I see you are a current employee. I would encourage you to come and speak to me about your concerns. Until then, let me address a few points. From our employee survey we hear positive things about our benefits. Most people find 4 weeks PTO a positive benefit. Along with the free catered breakfasts and lunches every day, DAC U and other features %E2%80%93 the commentary about benefits are typically strong. As for flexible work environment %E2%80%93 it is true, some positions are required to be on site. However, we have many staff that work from home on a part time or permanent basis. We have several staff that actually work in different provinces and states. And while it is true we don%E2%80%99t offer a pension, we do offer profit sharing where staff can use that money towards a RRSP. Again, I would encourage you to come talk to me directly so that your voice can help us better our work environment.

8. "Very average job"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Toronto, ON

I worked at DAC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food, cheque cashed, easy parking.

Cons

Poor Management, lots of politics, long hours.

October 28, 2019VP Human Resources

My mother always said, %E2%80%9Cyou get, what you put in%E2%80%9D. DAC encourages open communication and feedback to help make our office a meaningful experience for everyone. You have a role in making DAC better. But not every workplace is for everyone.We endeavor to provide a positive, wholesome environment for all of our employees, which includes competitive salaries, strong learning culture and much more. Our most recent employee survey indicates that overall staff are happy with the leadership and direction of the company. And while there will always be some peaks and valleys with hours, we strive to provide a positive work/life integration and balance.

9. "Amazing work culture"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at DAC full-time for less than a year

Pros

A company that really takes care of their employees. DAC has created a working environment that facilitates its employees to give their best work. The culture at DAC is great. I haven't noticed any micro management, allowing employees to provide their values to whatever account or project they are working on. Lots of talent here and you can see it!

Cons

Trying to be biased here, but I just don't see any cons inside DAC. Great place to work.

Continue reading

"Traditional Agency with all the Challenges"

Former Employee - Developer in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at DAC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has the potential to grow as they are always actively pursuing new clients. Expanding in different areas to grow digital work. A lot of experienced people to learn and grow from. A great stepping stone company for your career.

Cons

Working from home after hours is the only way you will really be able to Work from home. Working 50 - 60 hours is the norm and if you are not willing to do that you won't last long. Everyone can be replaced as been mentioned a lot. Developers will be worked into the ground in order to meet the impossible timelines as they will do anything to please a client at the cost of quality. Not much room to grow (titles are thrown around as a way to show promotion). A lot of favoritism, the company is not clear on failures and only shows there success, to many offices all demanding the same resources. Outdated technology and platforms due there lack learning new technologies that can help develop solutions quicker / better. Azure Be loyal to the company does not mean they will be loyal to you.

Continue reading

September 9, 2019VP Human Resources

Appreciate your feedback, however I would like to counter a few points as they are either incorrect or have changed. DAC continues to evolve our workplace to ensure it better serves both our clients and employees. We do have a flexible work environment for its employees dependent on deliverables. Many of our staff take advantage of this benefit. While there are always peaks and valleys within the agency world, we do not run a sweat shop and make sure our staff work reasonable amount of hours on an ongoing basis. We also endeavor to make the workplace a pleasant environment while here offering catered breakfasts and lunches, Summer Fridays, flex time, 20 PTO days to start, plus much more. Pleasing the client is indeed a priority at DAC – as in any good agency where it should be. But we have many that would disagree that we work people into the ground. In fact, our most recent employee survey, 73% of the company feel DAC has strong work/life balance. Again I would counter, DAC does provide a lot of growth opportunities both vertically and laterally. We go to great efforts to provide promotions to our staff within their own departments and sometimes in adjacent roles. And you are correct, we do have some outdated technologies that are required to manage some of our legacy systems but overall the company works with many leading-edge platforms. As I say to many anonymous Glassdoor reviews, this feedback would be appreciated before employees leave. We value and encourage staff to provide feedback and give many different venues in which to provide it. Thank you for taking the time to provide yours and from your post it sounds like DAC was a good stepping stone to your future endeavors.

Found 131 reviews