DAC Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2021

3.7
DAC CEO & Managing Partner Norm Hagarty (no image)
Norm Hagarty
Pros
  • "Free Breakfast and lunch, nice managers, supportive staff and team members, team environments(in 13 reviews)

• "Benefits are great, a huge awareness of work/life balance, and everyone here is happy(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Really none, the senior management is always open to hearing issues and seems to sincerely want to work with everyone(in 7 reviews)

• "There is no clear work-from-home policy(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Amazing Experience!

May 10, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

DAC creates a wonderful culture where employees can share their perspectives, grow and develop. DAC helped me grow, and I enjoyed my peers.

Cons

I have not found a con in my experience.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Probably the most toxic experience of my career

Jun 8, 2021 - Associate Director in Calcutta
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You will probably meet some of the nicest coworkers at this company - Free catered lunch and breakfasts at the office

Cons

- Unfair treatment by upper management. Entry and mid-level employees were amazing for the most part but they were all mistreated by upper management - If you are looking for work-life balance then run away from this place. Expect to work days, nights, holidays and weekends. No overtime pay but they might shut you up by allowing you to expense a meal once every 6 months. - Crazy politics and managers tend to constantly bad mouth each other. None of them seemed to be able to hold regular conversations; they always ended up in fights where VP level managers had to step in. Felt like I was back in middle school. - If you're not a top dog you get absolutely no recognition - Getting a raise or promotion at this place is probably the most humiliating process. You have to beg for it even after being told you're the top performer on the team. You most likely won't get a raise and if you do, expect pennies. - The company and project process is absolutely atrocious and they somehow continue to manage to make it worse.

3. 3.0

Good place to start

May 13, 2021 - Anonymous Former Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good place to start and get experience - Friendly - Used to be free food and drinks

Cons

Some managers don't train their team which is a huge problem since the members then have no understanding of their responsibilities and end up reaching out to other teams for what they should know or expect other teams to do their work for them.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Challenging and fulfilling work with great people

Apr 21, 2021 - Account Director in Calcutta
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work with great people. SLT values their employees and show it. Lot's of fun activities and team building events (even virtually during this time)

Cons

none that I can report

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Ok company to start your career with.

May 3, 2021 - Web Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Used to be food and coffee, until the covid-19 Remote policies.

Cons

High turnover, Lack of management

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst experience

May 5, 2021 - Marketing in Calcutta
      Business Outlook

Pros

The only positive is the free food.

Cons

There is no clear direction given or expectations communicated. Toxic work environment, bad management and high turnover.

DAC Response

VP Human Resources

Thank you for your recent review of your time at DAC. I am sorry your experience was unpleasant. I am surprised by some of your comments, though, as I haven’t heard current or past employees refer to DAC as a toxic work environment. In fact, our last few employee surveys suggest otherwise – giving DAC scores of A- when it comes to company culture. While all companies can improve, we have recently hired a new manager, training and development where we invest in a new learning platform and roll out several new training programs to staff. Further, DAC enjoys better retention than other digital agencies in North America. Our 3-year average is far below that of our competitors. I hope your next employment experience is rewarding for you.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good stable company with good atmosphere

Feb 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A company where you don't feel like "just one more screw"

Cons

Compensation and benefits could be better

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work and develop your career

Jan 25, 2021 - Account Director in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

In a growing and dynamic sector (digital marketing). DAC continues to grow providing good opportunities to advance your career.

Cons

With covid and everyone working from home, no longer receiving all that great food DAC provided

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good foundation by the time I left

Jan 21, 2021 - Applications Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Free breakfast everyday - Amazing office chairs

Cons

- Messy codebase thought a large overhaul of the system was in progress towards the end of my time working here

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Sinking Ship

Mar 25, 2021 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

if you are related to senior management and have no education, this is your dream

Cons

coruption on every level, most of everything you hear is an out right lie.

3 people found this review helpful