CounterPath Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 37 reviews

3.1
CounterPath Corporation CEO Donovan Jones
Donovan Jones

"Awesome Products! Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at CounterPath Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great managers Work life balance Wonderful colleagues Work from home Opportunity to learn and grow Benefits are good Responsibilities and culture

Cons

No cons to working here, Maybe having a better coffee machine

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

CounterPath Corporation2017-12-02
  2. "Great experirence overall"

Former Employee - Software Engineer Co-Op in Vancouver, BC

I worked at CounterPath Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

I did 8 months co-op at ConterPath and had a great experience. Working on the project I was given, I learned a lot. The company seems to treat its employees pretty well, too.

Cons

Not that I can think of.

CounterPath Corporation2019-05-29

"High Pressure/High Reward"

Current Employee - Sales in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at CounterPath Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Market-leading solutions, open-door policy with all levels of management, ability to earn above average compensation, great benefits package

Cons

Constant pressure to produce and deliver in cadence with a quarterly quota.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate for the future but put more emphasis on existing customer success. More outreach to key market segments to drive new business.

CounterPath Corporation2017-11-09

"Hard Work and Perserverence Pays Off"

I have been working at CounterPath Corporation full-time

Pros

Great culture with monthly TGIF get togethers and related social events. Engineering team has built the worlds best technology in its field. Top sales people make really good money (so they tell me) but they have had to work hard to get there. Team cohesion is generally quite good. Good stock program and benefits program compared to most Vancouver tech companies.

Cons

Company is constantly evolving and is best suited for someone who wants to dig in and build something. This is not a company for people who do not have the capacity or patience to understand the business/ industry or are looking for a static gig. Things are fluid, but see how hard work and perserverence pays off. As an engineer, need to connect to the sales team to learn.

Advice to Management

Marketing team needs resources I think.

CounterPath Corporation2017-11-10

"Needs to generate revenue, not just empty promises"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at CounterPath Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work Most people are nice

Cons

Everyone's underpaid Useless meetings and "awards"

Advice to Management

Figure out how to make a profit

CounterPath Corporation2017-11-08

"Beware! Poor company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at CounterPath Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Location and access to transit

Cons

- Over promise, under deliver - Pointless meetings - Pointless tasks set by management so they can micromanage - Not generating enough revenue - Management looking out for themselves only (not the employees, not the company) - Management narrow-minded (can't figure out how to grow, not even getting by each quarter) - Culture is toxic

Advice to Management

Getting rid of them would be a good start (40% approval for the CEO)

CounterPath Corporation2017-11-08

"Not much going on here"

I worked at CounterPath Corporation full-time

Pros

-Fun games in lunchroom -Good office culture -Social events every couple Fridays -Decent work life balance

Cons

-Low Salary -Bloated management team -In dire need of some new leadership -There is a weird attitude with the company that if you lose less money then the year prior, that is something to be proud of

Advice to Management

If your losing money for over a decade straight, it's really time to change it up.

CounterPath Corporation2017-09-25

"Stay far far away!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at CounterPath Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility with time throughout the day

Cons

Lack of direction, management is a bit clueless, revolving door of staff, letting talent go all the time, decreasing sales, shareholders over staff well being These are just to name a few. You have to realize that this company has had over 10 years of straight quarterly losses. Go check the record (they are publicly traded under CPAH and PATH). How does a company like this survive? Constant injection of capital from...

Advice to Management

Management needs to take a hard look at themselves and the company. They need to ask themselves if their leadership team is really leaders or full of fluffy words and little action. Because frankly management can't execute.

CounterPath Corporation2017-05-30

"Worked 10+ years; wish I could stay even longer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I worked at CounterPath Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1. Right size. Each satellite office is small, where you personally know everyone like in a small startup; but overall company size is big enough to offer sense of stability 2. Competent co-workers. Everyone is dedicated and helpful to each other. No politics 3. Flexible hours. Except for team meetings, you can come/leave at quite flexible time 4. Reasonable management. My boss gave team members enough room for self...

Cons

Nothing to complain. Left reluctantly due to family reason

Advice to Management

Never read comments for CounterPath when I was employed. I'm outraged to see some negative comments that I strongly disagree by 10+ years personal experience inside the company. You have done an excellent job, especially in employee's well being side. Keep going and don't be affected by subjective non-sense comments, some of them I'm sure are in every company's reviews because no company can please 100% employees.

CounterPath Corporation2016-09-17

"Operations"

I worked at CounterPath Corporation full-time

Pros

Flexible workplace Flat org style allows access to leadership & high levels of visibility into projects & company goals

Cons

Because it's a small company, priorities shift quite quickly & it's challenging to plan more than 3 mo in advance.

Advice to Management

Regular feedback & performance reviews would help align employee efforts with larger company initiatives.

CounterPath Corporation2016-08-22

CounterPath Corporation Response

October 31, 2016HR Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We’re really thrilled that after 15+ years, we have been able to maintain a flexible workplace and a flat structure that allows us, as you said, to have lots of transparency into projects and goals. In this environment, things change quickly ...

Found 37 reviews