- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON Area
- - Toronto, ON
Found 12 of over 12 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
I recently received an offer from iProspect (part of Dentsu) I’ve heard ups and downs about this company. I currently work for a great company and not sure if I should leave. The new opportunity pays a lot more than I currently make. Does anyone have any advice about this company and whether I should take the job or not?
Senior Vice President
Role at WPP OpenX new company ? I was approached for regional role. I’m still wrapping my brain around the model. Seems good? Always hard to say from ppt slides vs reality. Any thoughts or insights? What’s the culture like? Vision? Leadership? Any pros/cons appreciated
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov. 30, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Working with smart, amazing, and supportive people - Lots of learning opportunities - Work/life balance, office parties - Remote work option - Caring leadership team - Good office location, if you need to be at the office
Don't have anything bad to say
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★May 10, 2022 - Email DeveloperRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Work/life balance, summer hours, remote work options, no organizational hierarchy, knowledge sharing, Philanthropy team, parties
Sometimes it gets little frustrating to stay after hours
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Feb. 18, 2022 - Email Campaign SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Lots of learning opportunities at ConversionDigital
None that I can remember
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jan. 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I’ve worked at Conversion Digital for a couple years now, and my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. The entire leadership team has been extremely supportive of my professional development, provided me with opportunities to grow and learn, and trusted me to do my job well. I have never felt micromanaged nor lacking in support or direction. I think it’s rare to find an “agency setting” with such a healthy, caring culture. Of course, like any agency, deadlines are set by clients, so there are inevitably late nights and work weekends. Unlike at a lot of other workplaces, however, at Conversion, your effort is always appreciated and recognized (whether that’s with a shoutout on a morning stand-up call or free lunch). People at Conversion work hard, not because we view our colleagues as competition or because we’re afraid of our bosses or losing our jobs, but because we genuinely want to do good work for each other. We are a team. It sounds cheesy, but it’s true. If you need help, you can ask. If you need a day to yourself, you can take it. If you want to shift or expand your role, you will find support in the leadership team. If you want to work with talented, hardworking, kind people, Conversion is a great place to be.
There are other, bigger companies that offer more competitive salaries.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Dec. 21, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great work environment. You get to work with a great crew of diligent, smart and caring people who enjoy each other and are meticulous about the jobs they do for their clients. Leadership group truly cares about the well-being of the staff here. Office is in a convenient part of town with lots of great food all around.
I usually have to rush to catch my GO Train at Union because I'm busy saying bye to everybody in the office.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul. 28, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Contrary to some of the reviews from 2020, there are a lot of positives - flexibility, team, client roster. Always something new and fresh. We also made a difference in the work we completed.
There have been a couple of high-level departures that makes me think the leadership team isn't fully aligned. And, for the past year, micromanagement has been a common theme. I also don't like the passive-aggressive approach by some that seems to be condoned.
- Current Employee★★★★★May 6, 2021 - SFMC Consultant in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good pay, great culture, good opportunities
Less vacation than was expected
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar. 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Small agency life has given me the ability to try new things that I wouldn't get to try at a larger agency Management listens to employees when they have an issue and acts swiftly to make things right I feel appropriately compensated for the work I do, and respected and heard if I ask for a raise The new work-from-home system has been implemented without issue, and work/life balance is better than ever New health benefits cover everything I need
some client leads tend to accept new work before checking on resourcesContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 25, 2020 - Graphic Designer in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
◦ Extremely friendly co-workers ◦ Great location and beautiful office space
◦ Salaries way below market ◦ Essentially no benefits or healthcare ◦ Expectation of unpaid overtime ◦ Chaotic work environment ◦ Process is touted as Agile but frequently reverts to Waterfall ◦ Rampant nepotism ◦ Company policy doesn't apply to relatives and "family friends" ◦ Ambiguous hierarchy ◦ Company org is extremely top heavy and tangled ◦ No transparency ◦ HR is non-existent ◦ Exceptionally high turnover
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★May 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Friendly co-workers - Dog friendly office - Location
- Low Pay - Bare-minimum benefits - Late nights with unpaid overtime - Very stressful environment - Company is not completely transparent with information - No room for growth - No HR - Management and account managers treat staff like children - Very high staff turnover - Promotions are generally based on someone being liked rather than being a top performer - No training plans in place for new employees - Company policies do not apply to everyoneContinue reading