Computronix Reviews

Updated Oct 9, 2020

4.9
Computronix CEO Dave Leusink (no image)
Dave Leusink
Pros
Cons
  • "Some growing pains but it won't last forever(in 4 reviews)

• "Although earning your own place in the company is urged, there is little opportunity to advance professionally, or it is at least limited(in 2 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Computronix has treated me with respect every step of the way and has allowed me to grow at my pace."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Computronix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The focus on work-life balance is nice. I also really enjoy the team dynamic that the company has constructed.

Cons

Although work-life balance is a focus. Long hours are still regularly expected from staff.

August 20, 2019HR Manager

Thanks so much for your honesty and willingness to share, we value your input and feedback. Because work/life balance is a priority at Computronix, we would welcome the opportunity to sit down and discover possible solutions. Please feel free to reach out to me or your supervisor. Thanks again.

"Nice place to work, little focus on profitability"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Edmonton, AB
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Computronix full-time

Pros

This is a really nice place to work. No politics, no backstabbing, really nice HR.

Cons

Maybe a little too much on the nice side, so wages are frozen, bonuses are non existent, and people are stagnating in the same position since no one wants to leave.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Computronix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Computronix is an amazing place to work, getting work done while being valued as a human being makes it easy to come to work every day.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons to working at Computronix. It is a tech company, so if you're not technically inclined, there may be very few positions available for you.

January 4, 2019Corporate Recruiter

Respect, Trust and Serve is an important part of our culture at Computronix and it's great to hear our employees feel that and not just hear it.

"Couldn't ask for more, professionally or personally"

I have been working at Computronix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There's a lot (a LOT) to like about working at Computronix, but these are the big ones for me: Culture: You hear a lot about "Respect, Trust, and Serve", and it's not just a slogan. Employees and clients alike are treated respectfully, and when possible, we like to have a bit of fun. For a company made up largely of introverted techies, we're a pretty social bunch. This has all happened in the past year: monthly board game nights, multiple fundraisers, chili cook-off, step counting challenges, billiards tournament, floor hockey, chicken bracket (think March Madness but with fried chicken -- this was a big deal), golf tournament, daily card games during lunch, table hockey tournament, clothing drive, summer family picnic, curling events...and I'm probably missing some. Corporate structure: The only time I've ever heard someone say "boss" is as a term of endearment. To me, it seems more like a support structure than a corporate structure. Supervisors are trained (not just picked based on tenure) to support you professionally in your role and personally if you're struggling with something outside of the office. There is always a safety net in place when you take on a challenge or try something new, such as exploring a different role in the company. Even if I'm on a difficult project, I still look forward to coming in to work -- both for the people and for the satisfaction in knowing I'm contributing to a common goal.

Cons

Although nailing down best practices and processes has come a long way in the last couple years, there is still room for improvement to get different teams working consistently across the company. There's a bit of a leadership gap at the project level as the tech leads are stretched thin. Hopefully, this will be alleviated as more tech leads are hired.

January 4, 2019Corporate Recruiter

Our employees, or Computroids as they are affectionately known, really are a fun bunch of people who enjoy working and playing together. Computroids are what make this a great place to work!

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Computronix full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company with incredibly positive corporate culture focused on a balance of success and well being for employees, company, clients and all.

Cons

Ability to find new staff and train on product fast enough to support projected growth. Nice problem to have!

February 6, 2019Corporate Recruiter

Work/life balance is not just something we talk about, we try to practice it every day and we are glad that is your experience, too.

"Long-term employee; still engaged, still happy, still challenged and growing"

Current Employee - Consultant in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Computronix full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company continues to make substantial improvement to product offerings that make my job easier, and allow me to serve more clients. The vision for 2025 is compelling and promises lots of growth opportunity. I get to meet lots of new clients in new places, and work with them to solve their business problems.

Cons

Company does not use any debt-based financing, so development of products is funded from operations. That can mean slower progress.

February 6, 2019Corporate Recruiter

It's great to hear that you are still engaged and still happy! Computronix takes that seriously!

"A great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Computronix full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The culture of Respect, Trust, Serve permeates the organizational philosophy, operating practices, people practices, service delivery, and care for others - clients and internal staff. Leading edge products and an exemplary service record highlighted with this amazing fact: no failed projects. There is a continual focus on win-win in negotiations and maintaining a spirit of collaboration and team. It's a place where people are encouraged to grow to be the best they can be through mentoring and supportive frameworks. People are supported through good times and hard times. Truly a special place that I am blessed to have worked at many years.

Cons

An inadequate number of dedicated video carts for use between the offices (Edmonton and Denver) is a frustration at times, but we're in the process of making improvements in this area.

"On-boarding experts - unique culture"

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Computronix full-time

Pros

Hands down the smoothest onboarding experience I have ever had the pleasure of going through. Well organized, and focused on full, quick integration.

Cons

Technology stack is proprietary enough to require intensive training.

January 4, 2019Corporate Recruiter

We are grateful to hear your on-boarding experience was so great- we want each and every employee to know they are an important part of the team from day 1.

"Proud to Recommend Computronix to others"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Computronix full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The CEO has great vision for the future and it feels like we are organized and going somewhere that matters. I am also given a lot of freedom to lead and to guide my team. The people I work with are smart, humble and hard working. There is a lot of trust so the ability to work well together happens in ways that make the work week very enjoyable. I have a lot of fun at CX and laughter is something that you can hear in most meetings as we truly enjoy building solutions together. The internal CX Academy is a great way for people to advance their careers and to pick up new skills.

Cons

It would be great to have an on-site gym but in our office expansion maybe that will be a possibility.

February 6, 2019Corporate Recruiter

Thank you!! It's nice to have fun at work and we are glad you are here!

"Dream Job at a Dream Company"

I have been working at Computronix full-time

Pros

Computronix (Cx from now on) is an amazing place to work. I have friends who have worked here (one for 10 years and one for 2 years) and I have never heard a serious grievance, or even an issue that couldn't be resolved by talking to supervisors. I am relatively quite new, but I can see myself being here for the next 30 years - and in an industry where the norm is 'work somewhere for 2-3 years, then go elsewhere for a decent raise', I'm sure that will be shocking to hear. The number one pro about Cx is this: they actually care about their people. Like, a lot. It's in the corporate policy book. Within the first paragraph. "We believe people have value beyond what they can do for the company." On my first day in the company, they walked me around the office and personally introduced me to every single employee (about 120 in Edmonton (I think)). When that was done, I had no fewer than 3 individuals seek me out to talk to me about activities and invite me to events within the first day. There is a culture at Cx, and it is by far the healthiest culture I have ever seen. Honor, encouragement, teamwork, value, and following through on commitments are all important on a regular basis. Producing results is also important, but not at the expense of the others. Having a culture like that permeates throughout the work environment. It drives you. It motivates you to be your best, even when you're having a rough day, or difficulty on a task. The codified systems for dealing with concerns and issues gives me confidence that if anything were to ever escalate, there would be honoring and true communication at every stage of the process. They literally wrote the book on how to build healthy organizations, and in every interaction that I have seen, as well as every interaction I have heard about, they seek to live those values on a consistent basis. And they seem to clearly recognize that culture and values start at the top of the company and trickle down - that is to say if senior management are seen as 'untouchable', it creates a culture of politicking, backstabbing, and power seeking. At Cx, the culture is honor and respect, and positions of leadership actually seem to come with a higher expectation of holding yourself and each other accountable to those values. And this is just on a personal level. I haven't even begun to talk about from a professional level. Having a software development company that was built by developers and scaled by developers means that communication and process are instrumental to the everyday success. Instead of a professional expectation of 'build it and fix it later', there is a process of development, testing, cross testing, user acceptance testing, and then deployment - and each of these steps are not only expected, but also planned and budgeted for. What this means is that you will rarely find yourself feeling like the workload is impossible within the hours allocated. And in those rare cases, everyone up the totem pole is on your side, and will work with you to figure out solutions. I could go on, in fact I could keep going on for a long time. For a while in my previous work experience I was worried about losing my identity at a larger software company, and sought out smaller businesses for the feeling of closeness they could provide. Computronix feels like a small company in all the best ways (intimacy, connection with your coworkers and bosses, open door policy, honor, respect, transparency, etc), but with the backing and infrastructure of a large company (well outlined and codified structures for issues, documentation, best practice procedures, training and onboarding). I will 100% recommend Cx to anyone who cares at all about having a healthy workplace culture.

Cons

I can see a certain type of individual who may not care much about the culture, or about being honored and respected at work, or about transparency and openness and being valued beyond what you can produce. If that is you, you may not care about the culture at Computronix, and you might not understand why it's such an important thing. So I guess that might be a con for you. The only other negative thing I can say is that they didn't hire me sooner.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 English Reviews