Colliers Reviews

Updated May 14, 2021

3.6
Colliers Chairman and CEO Jay Hennick (no image)
Jay Hennick
Pros
  • "Good culture and work environment(in 59 reviews)

• "I learn and develop new skills daily as well as have a strong work-life balance(in 45 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It can be stressful, long hours(in 23 reviews)

• "No support from Senior Management(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Apr 28, 2021 - Project Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are motivated and passionate, this company will provide you with everything you need

Cons

It is a great company

Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

May 4, 2021 - Senior Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive and dynamic environment, high performance team, top rated company, lots of opportunities to grow.

Cons

Regular unpaid overtime work, challenging teams, weak benefit package,.

Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback - we certainly appreciate your insight. Our North American Total Compensation and Benefits team has been evaluating our overall offering. As of January 2021, full-time employees have been provided with "BE Days" that employees can use to BE whatever you want to BE. Some examples could include to BE a volunteer, to BE a parent, or to take care of your mental health or use for a religious holiday. BE Days were awarded along with an increase to our minimum vacation entitlement. Just a few examples of some enhancements made with more to come!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good Opportunities Big Company

Apr 28, 2021 - Director in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big company but feel like a small company sometimes

Cons

There is a ceiling hard to move to other positions

Director Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review - thank you for the feedback! We encourage you to leverage our Performance Check-In Program to speak with your Manager directly about your career development and future opportunities. Whether your career goals fall within your current team or another service line, we're dedicated to providing you with the support you need to develop and grow. We also encourage you to connect with your local Talent Acquisition Advisor and/or the Learning & Development team to gain more insight and additional perspectives.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A decent place to work

Apr 23, 2021 - Senior Project Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good co-workers, competitive compensation, decent benefits

Cons

Sr management could do much better in their rapport with the team.

Director Talent Acquisition

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback - Thank you! There is always room for improvement, and your comments have been heard. We've taken this feedback and shared it with management to ensure we're striving for a positive employee experience for all.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Allows you to learn and grow

Apr 11, 2021 - Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

So much to learn that will help me in my future career

Cons

It is a very large company and takes some time to get a full understanding of the dynamics, stakeholders and how your role fits in.

Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback - we certainly appreciate your insight! With operations in 68 countries, our more than 18,000 valued employees work collaboratively across different teams, departments, and service lines. It does take a bit of time to learn. However, we have many tools and resources available including our Colliers Hub to help you gain a full understanding of the dynamics, stakeholders, and how you and your role fit into the "Big Picture." Not to mention your direct Manager and colleagues!

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Qualified and experienced candidate? Stay away

Apr 17, 2021 - Project Manager in Mississauga Valley, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The work environment, processes, employee satisfaction was at peak untill there was a sudden change in VP. - Good opportunities for freshers and low salary expectations candidates.

Cons

- Company is cheating with employees. Need a proof? refer CBC news article dates June 15, 2020 - This Company is not for well qualified and experienced candidates. - No value or appreciation even if you are a excellent performer. - There is no relation of your performance and bonus/increments. - They only encourage cheap (less costly) employees. - Worst middle management. - HR doesn't play any role in employee welfare as only middle management decide the career and growth (if any) of an invidual employee purely on face value. Proof - Employees performance appraisals never shared with employee after Supervisor sign-off. HR to check the email communications for proof, if available as an exception, check the dates. Never shared with me. - Extremely high attrition rate. - Current employees are working there because the job market is not favorable outside. - Worst working hours. Work is expected after hours, weekends, holidays including Christmas holidays. Receiving calls off duty hours is like a employees obligation. - No work life balance. - Work targets and expectations from Management leads to damaging employees health. - HR tries to show off that they are speaking to employees, but no improvement based on employees feedback.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great

Mar 28, 2021 - Vice President in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Little supervision from Senior Management

Cons

Politics, too much from the regional office

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Review for Colliers Project Leaders

Mar 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Modern offices across the GTA

Cons

- Client first attitude which means employee last i.e. management does not care about employee satisfaction - Low employee morale - High turnover (not a surprise) - Heavy bias with respect to raises and bonuses - Blatant discrimination - Management will lie to clients and overbill/double bill them on multiple projects - CBC article on vacation scandal in 2020 sums it all up (search for it online)

Director Talent Acquisition

We certainly appreciate your insight and sharing your concerns with us. We are all entitled to a positive workplace and we do not tolerate discrimination. Employees are always expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner. We take all allegations very seriously and would be grateful if this person can reach out directly to Colliers Direct (staffed 24 hours a day by a separately owned and operated company) at 1-844-525-1887.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Ample opportunity

Mar 1, 2021 - Managing Director in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

For committed people there is no better place to establish yourself in the industry

Cons

You are accountable for your own success

Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an amazing review! We appreciate your feedback!

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I don’t like the ambiance

Mar 24, 2021 - Project Manager in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The coffee machine at the office makes great coffee. The pay is good.

Cons

The ambiance is really bad, boring and sad even before the pandemic. Working in the office felt like being at the library where people kept silent and no one talked to each other. I really dislike having to justify each working hours on my timesheet. Only 2 weeks vacations after a year. You have no say in which projects are assigned to you, or when you’re pulled off of a project.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 679 Reviews