Bozzuto Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2020

4.1
Bozzuto President and CEO Toby S. Bozzuto
Toby S. Bozzuto
Pros
  • "Great Company and wonderful team atmosphere(in 42 reviews)

• "There is a reason so many people flock from other property management companies to come work for Bozzuto(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working weekends is a little bit of an adjustment(in 49 reviews)

• "Your experience with Bozzuto Management is solely dependent on your Property Manager and the majority of them are power hungry micro managers(in 49 reviews)

1. "I am not leaving"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family serving family and strong core values

Cons

personally not in the state I want to move to in the future, not their fault.

2. "Amazing Job and Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time for less than a year

Pros

Effective Communication, Salary and pay, Employee benefits, PTO

Cons

Weekend work required at times

July 30, 2020Project Manager, Talent & Culture

Hello to our Milwaukee team! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm so pleased to hear your job is amazing and that you believe we have effective communication. It is also wonderful to know you are enjoying your salary, benefits and PTO. Thanks for all you do as a Sales and Marketing Associate!

3. "Great company if you are interest in Property management"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time for more than a year

Pros

Neutral across the board when it comes to work

Cons

Work-life balance if you are young and want to enjoy your weekends

4. "Listens to employees but no follow through"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Baltimore, MD
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The PTO policy is generous. Bozzuto generally hires nice people so there is very little drama in the office.

Cons

There is no way to get a raise unless to jump from job to job. I have been at the same site for a several years and have not received anything more than a 3% COL raise. I get great reviews and the property is well preforming. The 401k is also bare bones.

July 16, 2020Project Manager, Talent & Culture

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you feel our PTO policy is generous and am hopeful that you and your team take the time you’ve earned to re-charge and spend quality time with your friends or family. Bozzuto recognizes how important personal time away from the office is and encourages all employees to utilize PTO. I appreciate your feedback on compensation and can guarantee that what you are suggesting with regard to performance based salary increases has been a recent topic for the executive team. With FOCUS in place, we are reviewing how to adjust bonuses and salaries to account for good performance. So, more to come on this. I will also share your comments with our HR department around our 401k package. Please feel free to reach out to me should you have any additional questions or would like to discuss this topic further. Thank you. Julie M. Thompson, Senior Vice President

5. "Inside Deals Done Wrong."

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bozzuto full-time for less than a year

Pros

I thought this was a great company. I was offered a great job. Then it just disappeared.

Cons

The General Manager Dorothy is not whom she portrays herself to be. She brings in her personal friends at the expense of others. The Developer & Bozzuto are fooled by her superior attitude and “dedication”. Now she avoids any discussion or communication. She and her “staff” are condensending and very fake.

"Growing company"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people from top to bottom Wonderful PTO Will try to do their best to find a new home for you if the building you are at sells Benefits Bozzuto listens forum

Cons

Very slow to hire new help on the maintenance side of things Never get time to use PTO nor get paid for the amount you have over the maximum carry over limit Upper management is in the process of redefining the service managers role It takes time, a lot of time for someone to hear you. Keep repeating your ideas if you believe in them, eventually it will be listened to. They give the residents way too much slack just to keep the online rating score high at the expense of you. "Family serving family" is the motto. unless you have a family, because you rarely get to see them.

June 12, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for your service at Bozzuto. I’m very sorry to hear of your frustrations, however, your honest feedback is always welcome. I truly appreciate our discussion around training and efficiencies of programs we are using. I’d love to continue to discuss your thoughts around this so that we can tighten up our processes to ensure the best use of your time is on what is most important. Also, please know that we encourage you to use your PTO. Spending time with your family and unplugging is so important. I encourage you to reach out to me if you are having issues with scheduling your time, I’m happy to talk through it with you. With gratitude, Julie Thompson, Sr. Vice President

7. "One of the best"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent pay and ability to move up in career

Cons

Scheduling can sometimes be difficult

June 17, 2020Project Manager, Talent & Culture

It is so nice to hear from a member of our maintenance team. Thanks for your review. I'm so happy that you see the ability to grow with the company and that you are enjoying your pay. I'm not sure about your schedule but feel free to chat with your manager about any difficulties. Thanks for all you do in your role!

"Great Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, resources for personal and professional development

Cons

Below pay compared to other management companies

"Great company to start a Property Management Career"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Bozzuto full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Training & Benefits. Swift path for career growth if you stick around.

Cons

Sometimes overwhelmingly busy, but this depends on the property you're assigned. SMAs have to work most weekends.

June 1, 2020Project Manager, Talent & Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate you saying that we are a great company to start a career with and mentioned the growth opportunities we have. I wish you all the best in your future career!

"Ok company to work for"

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager

I worked at Bozzuto full-time for more than a year

Pros

ok pay, good customers, great apartments

Cons

not the best company for a person of color

May 15, 2020President - Bozzuto Management Company

Thank you kindly for taking the time to provide feedback to us. Your experience is extremely valuable as we continue our commitment to providing an exceptional experience for ALL of our team members. I deeply regret that we missed an opportunity to support you as a person of color and would be very interested in learning more about your experience--it will make us better. If you're willing, please reach out to me directly. It would be my pleasure to speak with you, swilliams@bozzuto.com. Please take good care and stay safe--all my best to you. ~Stephanie

Found 629 reviews