84% would recommend to a friend
(1188 total reviews)
91% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People are great and experienced" (in 116 reviews)
- "great company to work and has good benefit" (in 80 reviews)
- "Technology Solutions (now part of Tech Data) had a great culture for a number of years." (in 44 reviews)
- "The work life balance is good and no one tends to stay late for the sake of it and generally leave around five thirty." (in 37 reviews)
- "Great Pension Plan at the time" (in 25 reviews)
- "Management was poor and based upon who you knew for advancement" (in 79 reviews)
- "I attribute this (as well as the average pay) in part to the low" (in 39 reviews)
- "Low salary and promotion opportunitiesp" (in 29 reviews)
- "Layoffs are always looming." (in 24 reviews)
- "Upper management is practically all men and are all close friends" (in 21 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Avnet and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,188 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Sept 29, 2023Sales and Marketing ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsBurnaby, BC
Great , cooperative team. Positive, fun chemistry.
Very competitive, ever-changing industry. The goals change every year.
- 5.0Jul 22, 2021Field Applications EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsQuebec, QC
Great pay, great benefits, challenging and exciting work.
Lots of politics, if you don't know how to play the game, it'll be tough.
- 2.0Oct 12, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
most of the benefits are disappearing
This company is driving morale into the ground. I left the competition because of the micro-managing. I might as well have stayed. The next step will probably be GPS tracking of all our movements. Management is finding creative ways of showing they don't want to pay their staff. Most ethical company??. Opening the shipping window 40 days to fudge the end quarter numbers....isn't that what Sarbanes Oxley was suppose to stop??4Avnet Response7y
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Avnet. We do take great pride in our high ethics and integrity. Have you contacted anyone about your concerns? We have a number of resources available to investigate questionable situations - HR, legal, Code of Conduct advisors, Ethics Alertline, etc. Contact info for all of these resources can be found on Compass. Also, there is a anonymous option with the Ethics Alertline if that makes your more comfortable. Finally, we have an employee feedback email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you could use as well.
- 4.0Aug 31, 2017Channel Account ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsToronto, ON
Technology Solutions (now part of Tech Data) had a great culture for a number of years. Innovative company, forward thinking.
Leadership struggled to develop successful execution tactics1
- 5.0Oct 21, 2012Field Applications EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsMississauga, ON
Excellent company to work for. Very good culture. Excellent benefits. Pension plan. Attentive to employee needs.
a little reactionary at times.
- 5.0May 30, 2016Field Applications EngineerFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsHalifax, NS
Avnet is very stable company
Doesn't have any coverage in Atlantic area of Canada
Avnet Reviews FAQs
Avnet has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,492 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Avnet to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
84% of Avnet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Avnet 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.