Atlassian Reviews

Found 999 of over 1,097 reviews

4.6
Atlassian Co-Founders Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Pros
  • "Great culture, excellent benefits, amazing work/life balance(in 75 reviews)

• "surrounded by extremely smart people(in 41 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Good positions tend to be available only in the US or Sydney(in 27 reviews)

• "Work life balance especially during WFH(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Best company

Jul 24, 2021 - Quality Assurance
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, the best team to have in the company, the people there are very warm and supportive

Cons

Nothing to be honest - in some cases maybe it's hard to move up the ladder but the culture is everything there

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

The Worst Company Experience I've Ever Had

Jul 14, 2021 - Product Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I don't work there anymore

Cons

Work/life balance is touted as important, and yet anyone who's not grinding out 80 hours a week will be seen as detrimental to the team. They purchased the company I worked for and it was clear that my managers did not want me on their team. My manager actually said "that's great!" when I found a new position. They offered me relocation within Europe, and then AFTER the period to sign the contract had expired they decided to change that to the USA. After we had done renos on our condo and put thousands of dollars into preparing for the move. Forced enthusiasm is rampant, and entirely fallacious. The organization is absolute garbage, and they do not listen to anyone who is not a senior exec. Give this gong show a pass.

Atlassian Response

Talent Brand Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Atlassian prides itself on our culture and values, and we’re sorry to hear about your experience. When mergers and acquisitions take place, we do our best to welcome new Atlassians and make them an integral part of our culture while giving them time, space and resources to adapt to the inevitable changes, guided by one of our values ‘Play as a Team’. We will take your feedback to the relevant teams and see if there is anything we can do to improve processes and optimise employee experience moving forward. We wish you all the success in your new adventure. Thank you again!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

greate palce to work

Apr 16, 2021 - Software Engineer in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

lots of bonunses get to work with greate people

Cons

technologia that is not that open

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful place for mentorship and growth

Sep 20, 2021 - Junior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great mentorship program to get you integrated into the company, team, and role. Lots of potential for growth up the ladder, learning new technologies and skills, and expanding within or outside of your role. Remote work friendly Competitive pay & equity Extra benefits: office stipend, wellness/exercise stipend, swag, team lunch

Cons

Highly distributed teams across various time zones makes it challenging to cross-team collaborate. Can't pick the team you are hired for, you are assigned a team

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good stuff

Sep 20, 2021 - Security Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great work life balance

Cons

Office has been closed for ages

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great perks, good culture, fun to work for

Sep 19, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Best of the best in terms of tech to use as a BA - the data tools, facility to spin up apps to solve complex problems if you choose. - Really flexible in how you go about your role - really you can make it what you want - Great perks, really well paid - Lovely people - Flexible with illness, personal leave, "special leave" if you experience challenges with burnout, home schooling, or other COVID related challenges. Plus extensive parental leave for Dads as well.

Cons

- Theres a certain amount of type A personalities that product companies like this attracts - so if you aren't someone who gels with those types of people you may not enjoy it depending on the role you're starting in. - It's will benefit new starters to take a more relaxed approach to change in a company scaling this quickly - if you're frustrated by start-up challenges with enterprise impact; you might have a bad time.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Sr Support

Sep 20, 2021 - Support Engineer in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Atlassian ethics , open company, built with heart and balance

Cons

Communication can be done better esp. in WFH

8. 5.0

Amazing work culture

Sep 18, 2021 - Senior Designer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

People at Atlassian CARE. They care for customers, co-workers, the partners they work with, and they care for the environment. Employees are encouraged to take time off to do volunteer activity to make some contribution to the world. I haven't seen an org. with this level of empathy. And, people live the values consistently. Aspects of mental health, burnout, providing avenues for employee growth are constantly discussed and the Org. takes measures to address these. Special mention to the Workplace experience team who constantly think about how to improve the employee experience at Atlassian.

Cons

Decision making isn't as fast as it should be. Being in the agile space, the way of working sometimes is not agile enough.

9. 5.0

Fantastic Company

Sep 17, 2021 - Product Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very smart, talented and kind people, invested in your growth and seeing you succeed.

Cons

Because you are surrounded by so many people that are GREAT at what they do, you can feel a personal pressure to be an equally high performer.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing mission, culture, and company

Sep 17, 2021 - Security Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks, support from management, and teams.

Cons

Sometimes hard to get things done with the flat structure. Lots of negotiations.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 999 Reviews