Archon Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Archon Systems Reviews

Updated Aug 28, 2019

4.5
  1. "Flexible place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Inbound Account Executive

I have been working at Archon Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

- they give you independence and trust from day one - work to encourage you to pitch in on driving product growth - opportunities to be heard - super nice office and great perks

Cons

- none! great place to work

Archon Systems2019-08-01
  2. "Great atmosphere, but no career growth"

I have been working at Archon Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The day to day is positive and collaborative. Being able to work from home is nice, and almost everyone is approachable.

Cons

Though the team collaborates, your contribution is still likely to be overlooked. And the biggest con is that there is very very little job growth if you're not a developer. Though the culture is positive the employee turnover is quite high.

Advice to Management

Play to the strengths of your staff, and find ways to have growth for everyone, not just your developers. Because your soft skill staff will leave if they stay complacent, and that's a lot of product knowledge they'll take with them. Also... Extend vacation time.

Archon Systems2019-08-28
  3. "My Dream Job"

I have been working at Archon Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Archon Systems is one of those rare mythical creatures you hear about but never actually expect to exist in the wild. They genuinely care about their employees from a personal to a professional level. Everyone at Archon is more than just an employee. Going into the office is more like getting to go hang out with friends while creating something awesome and learning new things along the way. They encourage you... to grow and allow you a lot of freedom to make contributions to the team in the areas that interest you. Every. Single. Person. That works at Archon Systems is not only brilliant at what they do, but also an absolute pleasure to work with. Did I mention the office is pretty sweet too? The founders, Stephen and Louis, have always impressed me with their knowledge, warmth, and drive. They always have such a clear vision of where the company is going and their decisions have been spot-on. They always explain to the staff why decisions are being made and what the future goals are which makes it easy to get excited about our future projects.

Cons

They're so good to me, I might just be here forever! Jokes aside, there really hasn't been any downside in my time working at Archon Systems.

Archon Systems2019-06-06
  4. "Awesome Culture"

I have been working at Archon Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Grateful for the opportunities I have been given in the last year at Archon Systems Inc. Progressive company with a positive, and supportive management team as well as an awesome team to work with.

Cons

Honestly I don’t have any.

Archon Systems2019-06-04
  5. "Great team, product and opportunity for impact"

Current Employee - Web Applications Developer

I have been working at Archon Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly, helpful, and skilled team: everyone is willing to help unblock you. Project ownership: trust from management that you'll do the right thing with no micromanagement. Project flexibility: Choose from a small list of projects which you'd like to be on. Work remote: get your flow state on, but be available for when others need you. Beautiful, spacious, temperature controlled, professionally designed office... with a stocked kitchen. Monthly team lunches, and Learn Stuff Days where we do a deep dive into a section of the industry. Competitive salary + health benefits

Cons

Being a small company, until there are more hires there is not a lot of room for vertical growth.

Advice to Management

Salaries are competitive but the overall compensation package could be better. Consider how developers can experience more vertical growth and investment in the company over the long haul, because churn is costly and almost no one is still around from the first iteration of the web team.

Archon Systems2018-03-09
  6. "C# developer"

I have been working at Archon Systems full-time

Pros

Amazing atmosphere and culture, alots of fun and get to take charge or projects. Many perks include work from home, lots of celebrations and random events. Everyone is friendly and feels like a family

Cons

a bit hard to get started and ramp up.

Advice to Management

more hand holding in the beginning

Archon Systems2018-03-07
  7. "Fantastic culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Archon Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Archon Systems is a friendly community of co-workers. The culture here is fun (ice cream sundae parties! monthly team lunches!), respectful, and inclusive. I really do feel like I'm among friends who I like. There's no drama and office politics here. The leadership is pretty transparent about company decisions sharing semi-frequent "state of the company" talks. Leadership goes to effort to appreciate and care... for everyone in the company, writing personal notes and hand picking a personalized gift for the holidays based on each employees interests. There's a pretty high degree of trust that you'll do your job well, and autonomy to make decisions about how to proceed in your area. Work from the comfort of home three days a week! Yearly fitness benefit to buy sports gear or do physically active stuff! A genuine care for employees and attempts to do right by them. A recent anonymous survey turned up that employees were least happy with our health plan, so they quickly addressed that with an improved health/benefits plan. The company values altruism and does twice yearly volunteer days, microfinancing to small business in developing countries, and offers large discounts to non-profit organizations. Be a part of a company that cares about its customers and the wider community beyond just profit.

Cons

Being a small company, there isn't a ton of room for upwards career growth, though the company does try to provide opportunities where possible. The company doesn't have RRSP contribution matching programs like larger companies have. Vacation starts at 3 weeks, but then doesn't increase over time spent at the company.

Archon Systems2017-07-28

"Best in Tech!"

I have been working at Archon Systems

Pros

Archon Systems is for those who genuinly cares about their work. Your ideas will be appreciated and considered as long as you have something good to say. The leadership is fearless and enthusiastic about trying new concepts and different ways of thinking. It helps to be driven and disciplined, especially at Archon, where you pretty much manage your own time. After all, there are only two mandatory days at the office..., the rest the week you work from home. People are friendly, tactful, and professional. I honestly respect and appreciate everyone I work with, something I can not say about other places I had fortune/misfortune to work in. Yes, you obviously have to be productive and efficient, however I have never been asked to pull an all nighter or skip a weekend to wrap a task. The office is large and bright open concept space with well stocked fridge and plenty of snacks. It is easy to get to by car, bus, or a street car. The neighbourhood has plenty of good spots to eat or hang out after work.

Cons

I have yet to find a one.

Advice to Management

Keep on great work guys!

Archon Systems2016-08-03

"Archon Systems is an amazing place to work."

I have been working at Archon Systems

Pros

- The people are brilliant, talented, and motivated (and they never fail to absolutely make my day). - Equipment is top of the line. - Work remotely 3 days a week. - Flexible schedule (start at 9 or 11 ). - Open, understanding and caring management.

Cons

So much birthday cake.

Archon Systems2016-08-03

"The flexibility and autonomy are great but the management lacks experience and professionalism"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Archon Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Archon is a small company and they give a lot of autonomy to their employees. Everyone has a high degree of involvement in contributing at all levels of decision making to the various products.

Cons

You may get fired at this company without warning. The founders don't really know how to manage their employees. As a result they behave immaturely and erratically. There is no HR process at Archon. I was fired after working at Archon for over 5 years and helping to shape the culture. My previous official review had been Very positive. I was let go without warning or justification without any process of... official warnings, coaching or probation. That should never happen. Also, It's a small team, so the opportunities to learn from others are lacking. There just isn't a large pool of knowledge on diverse subjects.

Advice to Management

Be sure to give appropriate feedback even if you are uncomfortable with confrontation. There really ought to be more process aligning reviews and feedback with opportunity to correct before firing your employees.

Archon Systems2016-06-09