Appco Group Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2021

Found 304 of over 617 reviews

Appco Group Founder and Chairman  Chris Niarchos
Chris Niarchos
Pros
  • "Fun cooperative work environment(in 41 reviews)

• "No Pros, work here if u are good at Sales(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours ,poor work life balance(in 70 reviews)

• "It's Door-to-Door sales, long hours(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing experience, would highly recommend to anyone wishing to learn sales and management

Jul 4, 2019 - Sales Team Leader in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing sales training Life changing positivity training and people skills The things I learned are worth more than the money I made Fun cooperative work environment Ability to earn and advance at your sole discretion

Cons

Definitely not for entitled millennials expecting cushy jobs because they have a university education Experience negativity in the field but are trained on how to get through it If you don't sell you don't earn much

Global Head of Communications

What a great review for us to read. Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience working with us.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good position to start

Aug 20, 2020 - Fundraising Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good at training for grit and perseverance.

Cons

Lots of brainwashing involved. Can get intense. Empty promises about being sent abroad for business travels.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do not work here

Oct 20, 2020 - Campaign Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are not any pros to working here

Cons

Mutli level marketing scam, 100% commission and crazy long hours

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to develop sales skills

Oct 2, 2019 - Team Lead in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work hard play hard mentality Hungry and motivated colleagues

Cons

Commission - you don't perform, you don't earn.

5. 3.0

Salary Info

Sep 17, 2019 - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good wake up call as your first job

Cons

Competitive environment; pure commission based salary

Global Head of Communications

Thanks for your feedback - however, I think you’ve got us confused with another independent sales company as Appco doesn't have commission based jobs and all jobs are salary and office based.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great Experience

Aug 8, 2016 - Leader in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- If you have no experience in sales or in marketing then this is a great start. The system you are taught (SEE, 5 steps, 8 steps, LOA, etc) can teach anyone how to sell. These systems are directly applicable to any other sales position. - The skills you will develop here are directly transferable to any other position - If you looking for career advancement then there is an amazing management program. - Leadership development. -The position it self is focused on candidates developing and building their own business. Great news to people, but be prepared its not a place for a go-mo ( someone who goes through the motions).

Cons

If your not prepared or not willing to develop a business and put in the work that is required then their are many cons. I wont bother to list them as you can probably read other reviews to get the gist. Other cons - Company culture may not be a fit for all types of people. Its extremely high energy (which great for setting the pace) their are some issues with it. If you dont come from a sports background then the "chants", lexicon (juice, juicy, bell, gong, etc), and pressure to perform and recruit can be off putting to some. - Some team leaders, some not all, run their teams like a dictatorship. - Often leaders will hand off observations to other leaders beneath him/her to teach and train. However often times these "new people" were only given vague understandings of the company and the position itself. Created awkward and sometimes tense situations on the field when a "new person" felt like they had been lied to or manipulated.

Recruitment Manager

Hi there, thank you for your feedback - we are glad to hear that you had a great experience with Appco and you were able to develop skills sets that will help you continue your career. As you mentioned, our business development program allows representatives to hone skills sets ranging from the basics sales and communication skills, to how to be a great leader. We are the first to say this is not for everyone but for those who work hard and put in their 100% effort, will find this opportunity rewarding. We appreciate your advice to management. If you would like to discuss this further, email us at ripatel@appcogroup.com.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great Experience for a new graduate looking for an entry level position

Nov 19, 2015 -  in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a new graduate, this company has given my career a kick start in the right direction. In a short period of time, I have learned many core skills including communication, presentations, work ethics, leadership, management and the MOST IMPORTANT to have fun while I work. Everyone are highly motivated and easily approachable including all sales managers and the admin team! Great morning meetings to motivate us. Great training.

Cons

Long hours - but i knew that at the beginning of my career I am going to have to work long hours, no matter where I go, so that i can work less down the road. Performance based pay - but I work hard so I get paid well. But this may not be for everyone.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review - we are glad to hear that your experience with us has been nothing but positive. We are glad to have individuals such as yourself as part of our company. We will be the first to admit that this industry is not for everyone. Here at Appco Group Canada we highly encourage on-going development and training of our representatives. In addition, all promotions are from within the company. Therefore, representatives have the ability to grow within the company with the guidance of motivated individuals at a rapid pace.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Listen to me, I was working for them for 7 months. Don't do it.

Aug 8, 2014 - Team Leader in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

At first you're making a lot of money and you learn valuable sales knowledge. A lot of useful sales knowledge.

Cons

Yeah the money you think you made isn't totally yours. None of it is taxed so a large portion should be going to the government. They wouldn't tell you this. And if you don't tax that money the government will come after you. When you're working there they either demand or guilt you into working crazy hours. You're looking at 60 hours a week. You'll have no time for anything else other than sales. That's the plan. The questionnaire they give you is to use your weaknesses against you for later on. Everything they tell you in the interview is a script. Its all apart of a routine they run. How do I know? I did them myself. Oh, and the bond. If you actually think you're going to be getting that money in your bond. Forget about. Its not going to happen. They use your bond to trap you.

20 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Road to Success

Nov 20, 2015 - Team Leader in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Upbeat work environment, contagious / positive colleagues, success driven and a fantastic opportunity to become something more.

Cons

The only con of this business is and will always be you. How hard you're willing to work and how driven you are to reach your goals.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review - we are happy to be part of your dream becoming a reality. Appco Group Canada encourages the success of all representatives through various avenues such as motivational morning meetings, consistent one-on-one meetings, goal driven environment, and on-going coaching and development. All promotions are from within the company. Therefore, hard-working individuals have the opportunity to laterally move up in the company based on their efforts - not seniority.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Life Changing Oppurtunity

May 10, 2016 - Sales and Marketing Field Representative in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Appco has without a doubt been one of the most rewarding and fulfilling experiences of my life. Every day is both a new experience and challenge that I am encouraged to tackle to my full ability. The fact that they offer you a way to preform a fun and exciting task (notice how I didn't say job) that allows you new experiences every single day keeps work life interesting and engaging. Everyone from the managers, team leaders, and all employees add up to an amazing work environment that I look forward to every single day. the compensation for the job that you preform is absolutely amazing. If you are willing to go in and preform to the best of your ability every single day, you will without a doubt be rewarded for your effort. Though you start slightly later than a traditional job, you may at times depending on the day work later than usual, but that is of course depending on what you have set out to make on that day. You make your hours so you are able to work until you are satisfied with the result. The more you work and the harder you work, the more you will get paid; and if you put in the hours and the effort, you get paid very, very well! Whether you are looking for short term work in order to gain valuable skills and practices that can be projected into all aspects of day to day life, or a rewarding career that will allow you countless opportunities for growth and expansion within the company, this is absolutely the job or career for you.

Cons

None for motivated people here

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for the delighted feedback - we are happy to hear that your experience with Appco has been fun and rewarding. It is true that this business rewards hard work , dedication and determination. We strongly believe in supporting the careers of our representatives and internal promotion which allows the company to grow as well. Therefore, we genuinely value the hard work of our representatives. Thank you for your dedication to Appco.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 304 Reviews