Appco Group Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2020

Appco Group Founder and Chairman  Chris Niarchos
Chris Niarchos
Pros
Cons
  • "You will work very long hours and sometimes end up with(in 64 reviews)

• "They advertise it as an "internship" but in reality it is a door-to-door sales job(in 37 reviews)

1. "Amazing experience, would highly recommend to anyone wishing to learn sales and management"

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Toronto, ON

I worked at Appco Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing sales training Life changing positivity training and people skills The things I learned are worth more than the money I made Fun cooperative work environment Ability to earn and advance at your sole discretion

Cons

Definitely not for entitled millennials expecting cushy jobs because they have a university education Experience negativity in the field but are trained on how to get through it If you don't sell you don't earn much

Global Head of Communications

What a great review for us to read. Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience working with us.

2. "Good position to start"

Former Employee - Fundraising Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Appco Group part-time

Pros

Good at training for grit and perseverance.

Cons

Lots of brainwashing involved. Can get intense. Empty promises about being sent abroad for business travels.

3. "Great place to develop sales skills"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Toronto, ON

I worked at Appco Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work hard play hard mentality Hungry and motivated colleagues

Cons

Commission - you don't perform, you don't earn.

4. "Salary Info"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON

I worked at Appco Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good wake up call as your first job

Cons

Competitive environment; pure commission based salary

Global Head of Communications

Thanks for your feedback - however, I think you’ve got us confused with another independent sales company as Appco doesn't have commission based jobs and all jobs are salary and office based.

5. "Fun office, bad managment"

2.0
    Former Employee - B2B Sales Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at Appco Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun office, a lot of energy and great location.

Cons

Management doesn't care about you or your development. Just another number and feel very disposable.

"Lots of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Appco Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you have work ethic, drive and are self-motivated, there is a lot of money to be made at Appco, as well as, a lot of room for growth and fast advancement within the company.

Cons

The hours can be long at times but you get back what you put in. If you are results-driven, put in hard work and effort and the results will be great.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for the delighted feedback - we are happy to hear that your experience with Appco has been fun and rewarding. It is true that this business rewards hard work , dedication and determination. We strongly believe in supporting the careers of our representatives and internal promotion which allows the company to grow as well. Therefore, we genuinely value the hard work of our representatives. Thank you for your dedication to Appco.

7. "Life changing opportunities, great management positions."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Appco Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing atmosphere - Well respected clients - Great support from management - In office and field training experience

Cons

- In order to achieve results you need to work hard and put in the effort - Long hours and hard to balance work life and personal sometimes but i know long term it will benefit me

"Don't!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Salesperson in Toronto, ON

I worked at Appco Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

All I can think of is the people. They make the environment so great and positive, and that's only because they have to, cause you are about to knock on doors for 7-9 hours straight.

Cons

Bad pay, horrible schedule, no work-life balance, lots of lies.

Recruitment Manager

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback - we're happy to here your enjoyed the positive environment. Representatives at Appco are given the flexibility to work 8hrs/day from Monday to Friday and Saturday if they choose to. This has helped many establish a balance lifestyle between their personal and work. If you would like to further discuss your experience with us in regards to management, please don’t hesitate to contact us as ripatel@appcogroup.com.

9. "Great Experience"

Leader in Toronto, ON

I worked at Appco Group

Pros

- If you have no experience in sales or in marketing then this is a great start. The system you are taught (SEE, 5 steps, 8 steps, LOA, etc) can teach anyone how to sell. These systems are directly applicable to any other sales position. - The skills you will develop here are directly transferable to any other position - If you looking for career advancement then there is an amazing management program. - Leadership development. -The position it self is focused on candidates developing and building their own business. Great news to people, but be prepared its not a place for a go-mo ( someone who goes through the motions).

Cons

If your not prepared or not willing to develop a business and put in the work that is required then their are many cons. I wont bother to list them as you can probably read other reviews to get the gist. Other cons - Company culture may not be a fit for all types of people. Its extremely high energy (which great for setting the pace) their are some issues with it. If you dont come from a sports background then the "chants", lexicon (juice, juicy, bell, gong, etc), and pressure to perform and recruit can be off putting to some. - Some team leaders, some not all, run their teams like a dictatorship. - Often leaders will hand off observations to other leaders beneath him/her to teach and train. However often times these "new people" were only given vague understandings of the company and the position itself. Created awkward and sometimes tense situations on the field when a "new person" felt like they had been lied to or manipulated.

Recruitment Manager

Hi there, thank you for your feedback - we are glad to hear that you had a great experience with Appco and you were able to develop skills sets that will help you continue your career. As you mentioned, our business development program allows representatives to hone skills sets ranging from the basics sales and communication skills, to how to be a great leader. We are the first to say this is not for everyone but for those who work hard and put in their 100% effort, will find this opportunity rewarding. We appreciate your advice to management. If you would like to discuss this further, email us at ripatel@appcogroup.com.

"The bad rumors are true"

1.0
    Former Employee - Marketing and Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at Appco Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing really, unless if you really like awkward door to door selling, training is provided for new people.

Cons

Everything, lack of transparency in work ads and during interviews

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the lack of transparency during the interview process, as this is not something we condone. At Appco, we provide candidates, including new graduates and students, with entry level experiences to learn the business world and gain vital transferable skills such as communications, presentations and public speaking. These skill sets can you used at various stages of one's career. As you progress within the company, further coaching is provided for various aspects of the business including leadership, managing a team and office. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you wish to discuss your experience further at ripatel@appcogroup.com.

Found 283 reviews