Veeco Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Veeco Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 7 Sep, 2016

2.8

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Interview

Applied Online. Was called for a brief phone interview a week later. Went to the office to meet with department head. Spoke to him casually of prior experience and educational background. Was then sent to speak to two other employees in the division, and finally the New Jersey branch manager. The whole process was very relaxed but lasted about half a day all told.

Interview Questions

• Asked for me to explain what I knew about the LED industry and about LEDs themselves.   1 Answer

Veeco Instruments Response

24 Sep, 2016 – Executive Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on your interview experience at Veeco. This is important to us. I noticed you rated a negative experience and I'd like to learn more about that, if ... More

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Interview

Met with 3 people. Each talked about their role and experience in the company. It was very relaxed. They gave a thorough tour and explained day to day operations and the different departments a candidate might be involved with.

Final Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Kingston, NY (US)) in June-2015.

Interview

There was a question and answer segment, a written test on electronics and gas flow/hydraulic systems, and then a portion in which the supervisor brought out a mock setup of a gas system and asked questions about the components. All in all, comprehensive process, but not impossible to complete. I went in there with little to no experience in gas and hydraulic systems and still got the job

Process Engineer Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments in April-2015.

Interview

Applied online; contacted about two weeks later. Phone interview with HR then hiring manager. Onsite interview 3 weeks later. Very nice people and pretty informal interview process. Met various people in company, toured facility, etc. Interview was about half a day.

Contacted by HR a day after and told there should be a decision in a week or two. No response so I assume no interest. Six weeks later I get an email from HR asking if I'm still interested. Well, OK. Talk some more on phone with HR and manager and I am told they want to make an offer. They ask for references, I supply them and then no further contact.

Very nice people at company but really unorganized/unprofessional process in hiring.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions during interview, just asked about experience, etc.   Answer Question

Veeco Instruments Response

26 Oct, 2015 – Executive Recruiter

Thanks for your time providing feedback on your interview experience with Veeco. We take candidate experience seriously and want to use this feedback to improve. If you'd like to share more directly ... More

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Interview

Recruiter first asked how are you doing during the campus study, if any activities you've ever enjoy in.
    They would focus on why you choose their company and why internal audit position. If you have related work experiences, they would go detailed about that, like how you performed it, what is your responsibility, and what you think challenge you most.
    During the behavior question there may some academic question, like the classification of accounts on the balance sheet, calculate the depreciation, or revenue recognition.
    At last they would wondering how you will bring to their company, and what's your plan for future.
    Ending is whether you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• During the interview section they will ask academic questions, while people feel nervous on an interview, it is hard for people to focus on those mathematics numbers and calculations.   Answer Question

Office location too far away from home.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Interview

Phone interview then one on one interviews face to face. I did receive a phone call after the interview process after 7:00 pm which wasn't acceptable. The first phone interview took a little over an hour. The panel interview was one person at a time which made it a little less stressful.

Interview Questions

• I was also asked if I had a significant other because they wanted to make sure I just didn't want the job because I needed it. Very odd and unethical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with what was offered

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Plainview, NY (US)) in March-2014.

Interview

there were 6 different people who took interview on 1 on 1 basis

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Plainview, NY (US)) in September-2011.

Interview

Interview was good. Very nice people to talk to on the phone. Travel arrangements were done quickly and rapidly. The interview process onsite consisted of 1-1 interviews with people from the department. A lot of technical questions were asked; challenging fundamentals and problem solving. Ideas revolved around past experience. A lot of them were specific to the job, but they weren't grilling you. The teams wanted to understand how much did I know about the field/job

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself & how does your background match the position? What skills do you bring to the table?   Answer Question
    • A lot of questions were related to the position/CVD/PVD experience etc   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments in September-2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by HR and than the hiring manager on phone. After first round was called for face to face. Total 6 associates (most of them are executives) interviewed me. I was told next day after face to face that I will be getting the offer.

Negotiation

I almost got the salary what I expected.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Plainview, NY (US)) in August-2011.

Interview

It's about CVD process engineer. First is a phone interview with the group manager, asked about CVD growth experience. Then it's onsite interview, for a whole day. About 8 1:1interview, mostly based on resume. The group manager ask more about academic research (graphene). There's a lunch interview with a director. at the end it's a presentation. It takes a whole day, very exhausting.