Veeco Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Veeco Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep, 2017

2.7

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Interview

Multiple touch points with too many people inside and outside of HR. Leaders cancelling and late for interviews. Office was messy and looked like it was from 1995, but the people were nice.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were hard   1 Answer

Senior Assembler Interview

Interview

Had an comfrimed on site interview with the production manager on 6-16-17.The interview went very well, haven't heard from him yet. Salary per hour was mentioned during the interview. Felt a little personal about it, since I had a phone interview first. The salary was already discussed first, and I was in the price range for the position to go the next level for the interview. Maybe he felt that I was asking for to much.

Interview Questions

• How is your assembly work qualities ?   1 Answer
    • Are you capable to train for 4 month's in long Island?   1 Answer
    • when can you start work?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Interview

Unnecessarily protracted - to the advantage of HR.
    Keep in mind, they are working on a technology that is old and researched to death. Couple that with the fact that their business is on a decline (they are consolidating) and it's clear that their "offers" aren't really offers at all. It's a scam to see which one of the interviewees will accept the lowest offer - yes, they lack basic ethics - and if you don't accept at first, then they will find something to deny you outright.

STAY AWAY FROM VEECO.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you vacuum system / gas delivery system questions.   1 Answer
    • Phone interview: Is a light switch analog or digital?   1 Answer
    • Phone interview: Is a thermocouple analog or digital?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Interview

Applied Online. Was called for a brief phone interview a week later. Went to the office to meet with department head. Spoke to him casually of prior experience and educational background. Was then sent to speak to two other employees in the division, and finally the New Jersey branch manager. The whole process was very relaxed but lasted about half a day all told.

Interview Questions

• Asked for me to explain what I knew about the LED industry and about LEDs themselves.   1 Answer

Veeco Instruments Response

24 Sep, 2016 – Executive Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on your interview experience at Veeco. This is important to us. I noticed you rated a negative experience and I'd like to learn more about that, if... More

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Interview

Met with 3 people. Each talked about their role and experience in the company. It was very relaxed. They gave a thorough tour and explained day to day operations and the different departments a candidate might be involved with.

Final Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Kingston, NY (US)) in June-2015.

Interview

There was a question and answer segment, a written test on electronics and gas flow/hydraulic systems, and then a portion in which the supervisor brought out a mock setup of a gas system and asked questions about the components. All in all, comprehensive process, but not impossible to complete. I went in there with little to no experience in gas and hydraulic systems and still got the job

Process Engineer Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments in April-2015.

Interview

Applied online; contacted about two weeks later. Phone interview with HR then hiring manager. Onsite interview 3 weeks later. Very nice people and pretty informal interview process. Met various people in company, toured facility, etc. Interview was about half a day.

Contacted by HR a day after and told there should be a decision in a week or two. No response so I assume no interest. Six weeks later I get an email from HR asking if I'm still interested. Well, OK. Talk some more on phone with HR and manager and I am told they want to make an offer. They ask for references, I supply them and then no further contact.

Very nice people at company but really unorganized/unprofessional process in hiring.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions during interview, just asked about experience, etc.   Answer Question

Veeco Instruments Response

26 Oct, 2015 – Executive Recruiter

Thanks for your time providing feedback on your interview experience with Veeco. We take candidate experience seriously and want to use this feedback to improve. If you'd like to share more directly... More

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Interview

Recruiter first asked how are you doing during the campus study, if any activities you've ever enjoy in.
    They would focus on why you choose their company and why internal audit position. If you have related work experiences, they would go detailed about that, like how you performed it, what is your responsibility, and what you think challenge you most.
    During the behavior question there may some academic question, like the classification of accounts on the balance sheet, calculate the depreciation, or revenue recognition.
    At last they would wondering how you will bring to their company, and what's your plan for future.
    Ending is whether you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• During the interview section they will ask academic questions, while people feel nervous on an interview, it is hard for people to focus on those mathematics numbers and calculations.   Answer Question

Office location too far away from home.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Interview

Phone interview then one on one interviews face to face. I did receive a phone call after the interview process after 7:00 pm which wasn't acceptable. The first phone interview took a little over an hour. The panel interview was one person at a time which made it a little less stressful.

Interview Questions

• I was also asked if I had a significant other because they wanted to make sure I just didn't want the job because I needed it. Very odd and unethical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with what was offered

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Plainview, NY (US)) in March-2014.

Interview

there were 6 different people who took interview on 1 on 1 basis