Uken Games Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 18 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Uken Games

Uken Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Uken Games in Feb 2022

Interview

I applied online in Jan 2022. Had a interview with the hr first and did a design test. Then met with three employees for the interview. People are friendly and easy to talk. Similar to other people's feedback, I don't think the results of the test are an important part of the final decision, maybe they are more interested in how you make them feel during the interview. Also the hr will try to ghost you for weeks even you make into the final interview stage.

Interview Questions
  • Analyze their competing games and design levels
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Uken Games (Waterloo, ON) in Jan 2022

Interview

the interview went well, there will be 2 guy interviewing you, and it's like casual talks between friend. There is no hard questions, you just need to be relaxed. Moreover, it's better to try out their games and try to analysis the marketing aspect about it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Uken Games

Application

I interviewed at Uken Games

Interview

Applied through university, had one 1-hour interview virtually. Standard questions with a focus on your experience with games and a product lens. Study basic PM questions and spend some time playing and thinking about their games.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Uken Games (Toronto, ON) in Nov 2020

Interview

Basic algorithm and data structure problems, hashMap / treeMap, free to choose any programming language, runtime analysis, e.g. how to store a set of words, how to look them up / delete, how long does it take to perform such operations

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Uken Games (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2020

Interview

I took a phone interview and then an onsite face to face interview at their Toronto office. Although I didn't get the job, I can feel they have great respect for me, HR show me the whole office and explain their work, then two guys had a tech interview with me, they always smile and patient to me, totally positive feedback.

Interview Questions
  • All Unity related questions. While I believe they also interesting about how you deal with system problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uken Games (Toronto, ON) in Nov 2019

Interview

Recruiter sent me a design test and I only had 4-5 days to complete it. I passed the test and had 2 interviews with my future co-workers and manager. Their test is not an important component to making a decision because I was rejected 2 weeks after the interviews were done. They said I didn't have the past work experience they were looking for. Why make me do a design test if you didn't like my experience on my resume? I have clearly shown you on my test that I could do the job and do what you are asking for. The ad for the position is still up even after 6 months. They are extremely picky about who they hire (I don't blame them) but I am highly against wasting peoples time to do a design test if they weren't a fit based on their resume.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Uken Games (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2019

Interview

After spending a week making an optimized puzzle game for them they brought me in for an interview. They were polite but it felt a bit like they brought me in just to practice interviewing and weren't seriously considering me for a role. I didn't get the impression they looked at the game I made for them.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to code a simple program on a tiny laptop.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

Interview

Applied through my school job board. I was contacted fairly quickly and communication from then on was kind, quick and effective. Appreciated the note on dressing casually “because we do, too”. Directions to the office were also much appreciated! My original interviewer was contagiously sick so I was instead interviewed by two other team leaders involved in my role. The role was well explained and I was able to ask questions about daily tasks and expectations. I was told Daniela would contact me about another interview and she did the next day which prompted the scheduling of interview #2 via Skype. After the second interview on the Friday of that week I received an offer by Monday morning. After all was said and done the entire process was one week long.

Interview Questions
  • “Players will sometimes respond negatively to changes or updates made in the game and contact us via social media to explain their feelings. How would you handle negative comments that may or may not be directed at you in your role?”
  • What tech platforms do you have experience with? Example: Google Suite or Photoshop.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uken Games (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Applied through university job portal. Interviewed for 45 mins in person on campus. Interview was one on one, with simple technical questions. Was an overall good experience would recommend it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uken Games (Toronto, ON) in Jun 2016

Interview

I just tell you my real experience about Uken. First is the telephone interview, and then I get a test project, they called unity bug test, a total of nine questions, from my experience, it is so easy for a unity developer, almost are basic common sense problems, only one question spend my time is about WebGL cause I never build game for this. I dont know why the can use this test a senior developer? They gave me 4 days for the project and I use 4 hour for sovling the 9 bugs that show in a readme document. The rest of the time, I found other potential issues, in order to make the project more complete, I add some scripts like the poolmanager, scenemanager.........And I sent back, the process took me about 10 hours. After 2 days, I got feedback from HR manager, the team reject me but didn't mention any tech-issues, as a developer, I just care about the project, so I continue to ask, then a get a INCREDIBLE reply from Uken, he only mentioned one "issue" from my global Singleton implementation. So now I show you how they implement Singleton in original project: static SomeManager _manager; public static SomeManager Get() { if (_manager == null) { _manager = new GameObject("SomeManager").AddComponent<SomeManager>(); } return _manager; } It is a very common way to implement Singleton, all unity developers know, but the thread not safe and the code not strong. And this is mine: public class UnitySceneSingleton<T> : MonoBehaviour where T : Component { private static T mInstance = null; public static T Instance { get { if (mInstance == null) { mInstance = FindObjectOfType(typeof(T)) as T; if (mInstance == null) { GameObject obj = new GameObject(); obj.hideFlags = HideFlags.HideAndDontSave; mInstance = (T)obj.AddComponent(typeof(T)); } } return mInstance; } } } And for some global managers we want to keep in all scenes, we need to add DontDestroyonl0ad() in script. So I write a script name UnityAllSceneSingleton for distinguish UnitySceneSingleton public class UnityAllSceneSingleton<T> : MonoBehaviour where T : Component { //this part same as UnitySceneSingleton public virtual void Awake() { DontDestroyonl0ad(this.gameObject); if (mInstance == null) { mInstance = this as T; } else { Destroy(gameObject); } } } And this is a very popoular way to implement Singleton, I learned from Unity Offical forum. As a unity developer, can you believe they actually used this reason to refuse me and this comment from Uken Games? To protect Uken‘s privacy, I cannot share the original project and my final version. But if Uken dare to let people know the truth, I'm sure I could share both for comparison. So far, I still feel so disappointed and helpless after I saw that comment, I always think Uken is a good studiio and they can accommodate all views, skills, knowledge as long as they are right. But it seems I wrong. I wish I can get a right comment from Uken, until now there is no any reply and comment from Uken.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews