US Citizenship and Immigration Services Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 98 of over 98 interviews

In Person5%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2022

Interview

Applied online. Was offered a virtual interview 1 week after closing. I was interviewed by a panel of 3 who each asked 2 questions. The questions required me to describe events in my previous employment where I learned new technology, had to deal with hostile people, and what I believed the role of the immigration service officer required. After the interview I was given 35 minutes to write a response to a prompt and submit it. I was warned if I submit late I would be automatically disqualified. 6 days later was called and invited to second interview. Second interview is with a member of upper management. Asked what 3 questions I had. Asked what I believed was the number one issue faced by USCIS today. I answered backlog of cases. Stated HR could take 2 weeks to respond 1 week later received tentative offer and accepted and completed onboarding documents. Next is the wait for the background and credit report to be completed and my official offer and start date.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to become a member of Homeland Security, USCIS Team?
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services in Mar 2022

Interview

Virtual interview of 3 people who asked alternative questions. They focused on “what if” situation: USCIS mission statement, how you dealt with change and difficult tasks, what an qualities an immigration officer should have

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Application

I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Interview

Applied online, received assessment invitation but did not realize it was timed and wouldn't allow you to finish if you took a break. Asked about redoing the assessment to no avail.

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Interview

Smooth and right to the point. Questions were only related to what was on the my resume. A panel of two ask questions alternatively and they were very objective. The process lasted about 45 minutes or less.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about experiences on the job.

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Interview

Easy interview. Typical first informational video call will ask about past experience, motivations for the role, and determine fit. Second pair programming video call is in Ruby with a very easy TDD challenge to build a simple game. Neutral experience overall. Confusing criteria for evaluation. We were told pair programming is not evaluated as a test of skill, but only for fit and was told I did well. Later was rejected due to a lack of relevant work experience. All leadership who conducted interviews were white males and interviewers arrived late. Not sure if the rest of the organization is more diverse.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of team member would you want to add to your team and why?

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Application

I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Interview

Easy and convenient, I enjoyed the Microsoft teams option we had as my interview was during the Christmas break. I am excited about this position and I hope everything works out and I'm selected for this position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Application

I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Interview

2 person panel with a section chief and supervisor. Basic questions about how you would handle stressful situations and people that you have conflict with. Questions about what I know of the agency and experience with immigration.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you did not meet eye to eye with supervisor or someone you've worked with. How did you handle it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (Houston, TX) in Oct 2021

Interview

There were six interview questions. Some were hard to hear due to virtual interview. Felt questions for thought of randomly, really didn’t understand most. Haven’t heard back from company. Posting still says reviewing applications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (Telephone, TX) in Oct 2021

Interview

Telephone conference with panel of three. First question: Tell me about why you want to be an asylum officer. Also asked why I wanted to work at the New Orleans office.

Interview Questions
  • Please describe a difficult writing project and how you completed it.

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services in Sep 2021

Interview

Forty minutes from a panel of three: Section Chief, Supervisor Immigration Services Officer and FDNS via teams there were six questions. Each asked two questions. Just prepare yourself and take your time answering the questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 98 Interviews