UPS Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

UPS Canada Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS Canada

2.1

Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS Canada (Salem, OR (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Very Informative. The interview was at a Hotel. Many people waiting in line. The interview was pretty quick. Pretty much if you showed up you got job. I guess its hard to find people willing to take temporary employment.

Interview Questions

• Hr asked if I thought I would be able to keep up the fast pace.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Leave your dignity at the door. I received a text message from a number I could not identify (Google didn't relate it back to UPS) asking for an interview. I didn't answer for over a day, wondering if it might be a scam, and when I finally did, HR couldn't be bothered to actually talk to me, so I had to fill out a Word document answering questions. Following my in-person interview on a Wednesday, I was told if I was hired I'd have to start Monday, to which I reluctantly agreed. By Friday at 1 p.m. my references had yet to be called, and I hadn't received any word back from UPS, so I made the decision to withdraw my application given the many red flags in the hiring process. At that point, I received three missed calls in the span of four minutes from another HR member who did not leave a voice mail, text message, or send a follow-up email (I know this was UPS because they also spammed one of my references' phones at this same time). It's certainly the first time I haven't received the courtesy of receiving emails from HR (just text messages, how lazy)... If you're willing to drop your life with 48 hours' notice to take on a job someplace where apparently nobody meets their sales targets (I asked) and where it seems like basic respect is difficult to come by, go on.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

There’s an HR Interview followed by excel exam, excel questions about macros and pivot tables then an interview with the direct manager and questions about previous experience and excel expertise

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS Canada (Toronto, ON) in January 2018.

Interview

1. Phone Interview asking basic yes and no questions
    2. Another phone interview going through the resume and asking a more personal question
    3. in person intervew with 1 or 2 manager with role plays and more questions

Walker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UPS Canada (Richmond, BC) in December 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume online but also walked in during “Job fair” event.

The job fair wasn’t a typical job fair but more of a “show up, fill out an application form, and then have a quick chat” event. It wasn’t advertised anywhere but a few online job boards, and was held at the facility behind YVR on Ferguson Road. The front gate security was strict in not even escorting people to the HR department until 10am.

The receptionist asked folks what position(s) they’d be interested in, and you were given the appropriate application form. When your name was called, you’re brought to a room by a HR rep.

My interview barely lasted 10 minutes and at the end, I was asked to schedule an orientation session.

Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS Canada (Toronto, ON) in December 2017.

Interview

None. I applied for the job through Indeed, and, was sent a questionnaire by e-mail.

1. Effective immediately, are you able to work Monday to Friday anytime from 10:00AM to 7:00PM, for 3-5 hours in between, without any schedule restrictions or whatsoever?

2. Are you able to lift 70 lbs. (35kg) by yourself?

3. Are you aware that this position pays $11.60 an hour with a $25.00 daily bonus? (Please note that all bonuses are paid at the end of the contract).

4. At times package shipment volume is low, meaning, some weeks you will not be required to work daily Monday to Friday, however, you will still need to be available Monday to Friday from 10:00AM to 7:00PM as there will definitely be weeks that working 5 days of the week will be a must. Are you comfortable with this?

5. This position requires you to work outside, near your home area, at a local mall, commercial plaza, business center or customer house. Are you able to work outside on your own in all weather conditions?

6. The job is physical in nature, which means that you will be required to walk at a brisk pace, use stairs often, walk for long periods of time and do repetitive lifting in cold weather. Are you comfortable with this?

7. Are you aware that this is a temporary position which may end at the end of December of 2017? (YES or NO)

8. Assuming you do get hired, do you need any time off starting now until the end of this year? (YES or NO) Please note that normally you will not be working on weekends and on statutory holidays. So, if you need to be off from work, please list the exact dates.

9. Assuming you do get hired, do you have black or dark brown work boots, and if not, are you willing to buy them on your own? (UPS uniform is provided to all employees for free)

10. We have a very strict appearance guideline at UPS. Unless you have a medical condition or require a religious accommodation (documentation will be required from employees), you will have to be clean shaven and hide your visible piercings and tattoos. Are comfortable with this?

11. Please note that we conduct criminal background checks on everyone we hire. Have you ever been convicted of a crime for which you have not received a pardon?

12. Due to insurance reasons, are you at least 17 years of age or older?

13. Are you legally able to work in Canada without any legal restrictions?

14. Have you ever worked or are you currently working at UPS Canada?

15. Please spell your first and last legal names.

16. What is your home postal code?

17. Assuming you get selected for employment, is there any day of the week that you are not available for training/orientation? (The training/orientation is paid, lasts only one day from 5 to 7 hours). After completing your training/orientation day, you will be working near your home area.

18. What is the best phone number to reach you at?

19. Do you have any questions?

20. When is the best time to call you, assuming we need to speak to you over the phone?

AFTERNOON.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to lift 70 lbs. (35kg) by yourself?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS Canada.

Interview

First interview with HR- 15-20 mins general behavioural questions and conversation, followed by an excel test (given 1 hr)

Second interview with management. Standard interview questions, and included problem solving questions to test your ability to think on the spot and problem solve, and deal with stress.

When offered the job HR was very informal. I had to ask to get some sort of proof of offer. No salary negotiation. Not best handled by HR but I know that others after me had a better process.

overall not difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle not being able to receive information you needed from someone for a deliverable. what steps would you take to solve the matter   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS Canada (Toronto, ON) in August 2017.

Interview

First Step: Competency Exam
    Second Step: Phone Interview with HR
    Third Step: In person interview with HR and your potential Manager

Whole process took about two weeks from when I was first called to when I was offered the position. I was called within a day of applying.

It was a good process, and they did not take too long to make a decision.

Walker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS Canada (Calgary, AB) in January 2017.

Interview

two stages interview,, you will meet with Hr official first follow by meeting with the line supervisor. then immediately I was told job requirement and my responsibility. we were told to come cbacvck the following day for orientation.

Entry Level Sales Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Interview

Low standard, Q's and methodology from 1970's.
    HR staff looked very tired, over worked and un-engaged or interested in me as a candidate.
    Worst and most depressing interview after being kept waiting for 45 minutes past my scheduled interview time in a filthy room fit for a recycling plant or a thrift shop. I am shocked they believe they are a fortune 500 company.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.