Travel Edge Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Travel Edge Interview Questions

Interviews at Travel Edge

2.2

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travel Edge in January 2020.

Interview

I found the most recent interview reviews to be very accurate.  Simply consider the website’s last update was 2017-  Hard to drive business to a Travel Host who hasn’t updated the site in 3 years. Company doesn't seem to have a clear picture on direction. This was a topic I brought up over the month of interviews.  On-follow up I was told they were going to go with a more traditional sales approach. I responded with the concern they didn't have something ready to market, response was “Sometimes we drive the car with MISSING parts, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t”. They need a "mechanic" not a BDM. Well intended group spinning their wheels.

Interview Questions

• What does your first 30 days look like?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travel Edge.

Interview

Pretty terrible. Didn't even make it to an in person (my own choice), as they completely changed the role from what they initially lead me to believe. And it wasn't a small change. Completely different skill set.

Ridiculous. Huge red flag!

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travel Edge (Toronto, ON).

Interview

After multiple schedule changes, met with HR and Hiring leader what can only be described as unprofessional. They seemed to have a power struggle amongst them which made the meeting Awkward. Being a very small and new player in the market, they are still learning corporate travel fundamentals. Their questions reflected that, and the answers they gave were oriented to selling me their company. Fact checked later, numbers were inflated at multiple levels, and processes simply not there. Thanked them for their time and left early as this wasn’t for me.

Interview Questions

• What steps will you take to make Travel Edge profitable?   1 Answer
    • How will you help us build Trust with our customers?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travel Edge (Toronto, ON) in June 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with the the HRC and then completed a behavioural and cognitive assessment online. Soon after that, was invited for two panel interviews to meet with the team and received an offer on the same day after reference checks.

Interview Questions

• - tell us about yourself
      - what do you enjoy about HR?
      - what do you hope to learn in this role?
      - what do you know about the company?
      - why are you interested in this role?
      - what would your boss and co-workers say about you?
      - tell me about a time you had to be very detail oriented?
      - tell me about a time you made a mistake?
      - experience with Excel and macros
      - experience with L&D   Answer Question

Dev Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travel Edge.

Interview

An interview time was set by their contract HR person, and a follow-up email that was sent to re-schedule was ignored. Looks like having an HR contract that is 'seeking new opportunities' on LinkedIn is not the best way to hire people. Horrible first impression. Do not waste your time here.

Finance Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travel Edge (Toronto, ON) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy-going interview with basic accounting questions and some behavioural questions. 2 interviews conducted over one week period. They asked about experiences in the same field, proficiency with ERP and Excel, and accounting knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Did you work before in a company in a restructuring phase?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.