The PEER Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 7 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at The PEER Group

The PEER Group

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The PEER Group in Apr 2021

Interview

The first HR interview although was quite friendly, it's a bit dry and impersonal in its approach. Instead of determining if you're a good fit, they spend the majority of the interview presenting and reading slides while explaining the history of the company. Anyone applying to the position should have already done their own research before this stage. Before any interview you're given a multipage Word document asking questions that should already be on your resume or should be discussed in the interviews. This is a pretty antiquated approach, and at the very least I would suggest the use of a webform. The document request itself feels inhuman and you're bound to weed out any energetic or outgoing individuals with this approach. The technical interview is tense in how it's not just technical managers but also HR associates. It was very one-sided. A more personable approach would have been with the 2 on 1 standard.

Interview Questions
  • How do you solve challenges?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The PEER Group (Kitchener, ON) in May 2019

Interview

I applied online. The process took up to 4 weeks. I interviewed at The PEER Group (Kitchener, ON) in May 2019. The interview process is about 3-4 weeks and I got contacted by HR personnel. The first one is a phone screen by HR. Then there is a interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The PEER Group (Kitchener, ON) in Oct 2018

Interview

I got a response to my application with a pre-screen questionnaire that included self-scoring of skill areas. Based on my responses, I was certain I would not get an interview, so I was very surprised when they asked me to come in for one. I wondered if there was something unique that they saw that mitigated my lack of experience in the areas they were looking for. Turns out, there wasn't. I don't know why they asked me for an interview. There were three people: someone from HR, an engineering manger, and the engineering director. The interview started just with HR and then the two engineering employees joined later. The HR person was pleasant to interview with, but the engineering director seemed less than enthusiastic and the engineering manager didn't make much of an attempt to mask that he thought I was a waste of their time. After they had finished with their questions and asked me if I had any questions, there was just one that I really wanted to ask: "Why did you ask me to come in for an interview?" Candidates sometimes disappoint, but when the candidate has been upfront from the start about their lack of experience and the disappointment is only because of your own deficient screening process, you owe it to the candidate to make some effort to hide the disappointment. I suppose I dodged a bullet by avoiding such an unprofessional and unpleasant environment.

Interview Questions
  • If you had to replace an electrical receptacle with a cover that had slot screw, but your toolbox didn't have a flathead screwdriver in it, how would you remove the cover?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The PEER Group (Kitchener, ON) in Apr 2017

Interview

The questions were a mix of technical and interpersonal questions. Focus on objected-oriented design and c sharp. Looking at how an employee would solve technical and interpersonal challenges. Interviewers were approachable and fun to interact with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The PEER Group (Kitchener, ON) in Mar 2016

Interview

The HR is unprofessional. Once they decided to reject you, they will ignore you completely without response with any feedback. After the in-person interview, they said they will talk to me again soon but actually they never contacted me again. They own a large building but don't have visitor parking spots. If you drive car, you will have to park on the street, go to their 4th floor to get the temporary pass, go back to your car to park inside employee parking place, then finally you can go back for your interview.

Interview Questions
  • You have to fix the fence of a stable. Your hammer head is broken. How can you fix the fence now? There are 3 answers which are using the rock, using the hammer handle, or go get a new hammer. The expected answer is using the hammer handle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in MISSING VALUE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The PEER Group in Nov 2010

Interview

The inverview went well. First I had the inverview with Human Resources. After several days, I was told to have an on site interview. The onsite inverview is very friendly. It looks like the work culture is very good, it has a good balance between the work and life. It looks like the salary is not high. However if you want to have a stable work place,m this might be the choise for you.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The PEER Group (Kitchener, ON) in Jan 2008

Interview

My interview process spanned a period of one week. It consisted of three separate interviews with groups ranging from 1 to 4 people. In the first interview I met with a group of three individuals; Director of Development, Human Resource Manager and a Development Project Manager. This interview was very easy going, basically a test of "If you fit" within the PEER Group environment. The second interview was the challenging interview. On the panel of interviewers was again the Human Resource Manager, Two Development Project Managers and a Senior Software Developer. The majority of the questions came from the Senior Developer (c# related questions) and the Project Managers (how would you handle different parts of the development process, documentation, etc... type questions). I found the Project Managers and Senior Developer very knowledgeable of software development process and development languages that they specialized in. The third interview was a meet and greet with the CEO's. By this time I had already received an offer so it really wasn't classed as an interview.

Interview Questions
  • Your on a farm, and your in a field with horses and you have a fence that you have to repair. But you left your hammer back at the house, what do you do? Remember the fence is broken and you cannot leave it alone otherwise the horses will escape.
6 people found this interview helpful