The Hershey Company Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 456 of over 456 interviews

Campus Recruiting25%
Recruiter8%
HardAverageEasy

The Hershey Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hershey Company

Interview

Interview process was not a personal experience. Phone screen was done by outside agency who didn’t know a lot about Hershey. Video interview was comprised of standardized questions. Overall it didn’t feel like the interviewers were interested in you as a person.

Interview Questions
  • To answer interview questions in SOAR format.
    Answer Question

The Hershey Company

Application

I interviewed at The Hershey Company

Interview

Very well organized and considerate. I was nursing at the time, so they accommodated my needs throughout. They made sure I had breaks every few hours and a room to pump in.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to move to Hershey, PA and join this company?

The Hershey Company

Application

I interviewed at The Hershey Company

Interview

They were all very honest and easygoing throughout the process. Started off talking to a sales manager, then next interview was with two sales managers, then lastly there was a field day where you shadowed a retail sales representative.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Hershey Company

Application

I interviewed at The Hershey Company

Interview

Largely based on SOAR methodology. Situation, Obstacles, Actions, Results. Not STAR (Sit, Tasks, Actions, Results). After phone screening, had another phone interview with technical team. Mostly asked behavioral questions to understand my approach to problem solving

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Hershey Company

Application

I interviewed at The Hershey Company

Interview

It wasn't easy, but it was very informative and became super easy afterwards during training and the instructors were beyond helpful, and the staff were more than pleased to welcome me

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Blacksburg, VA) in Feb 2022

Interview

There are three rounds of interviews. The first round was very simple, a get to know you. The second round was more intense and included behavioral questions. The last round is a field day where you follow around a sales representative and see what their day to day looks like.

Interview Questions
  • General get to know you questions. Behavioral question where you describe a difficult situational and how you worked through that and what communication skills oyu used.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Greenville, SC) in Feb 2022

Interview

I applied through my university and had a phone screen scheduled a couple weeks later. I did not receive any communication for a month and a half after this (even though I was told I would hear back within two weeks). I finally received an email asking me to complete a survey about their hiring process. I was asked how my in-person interview was even though I was never scheduled for one. I had no idea I was no longer being considered for the position until I got to one survey question that basically asked "were you made aware of why you were removed from the process." The lack of respect for prospective employees by this company is appalling.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Hershey Company

Application

I interviewed at The Hershey Company

Interview

It went well. The overall process was smooth. There were 4 interviews in total. The interviews went pretty quickly. The recruiter guided in the type of questions that potentially might get asked. I was also prepared

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Hershey Company

Application

I interviewed at The Hershey Company

Interview

Very easy and fast process to interview. They kept you well informed of all of the steps and everyone was very nice. I just couldn't do the driving aspect of the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Hershey Company

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in Jan 2022

Interview

I applied and then contacted by HR via email to schedule time to meet with a company that is meant to screen through applicant resumes and confirm their experiences. A bit of an irregular and unnecessary step in the process that I haven’t seen during my job hunt. After that, I met with 3 different people: the hiring manager, her direct report, and another scientist from a different function. After the interviews were completed, it was radio silence. I followed up with the recruiter twice with no response. I finally received a rejection email 5 months after the interviews. I learned an internal candidate was hired in early 2022. Overall, this was unexpected from Hershey. If they want to have talent maintain their interest in the company and reapply for future roles, they should reconsider behavior like this. I will never apply to a role with this company again based on their lack of professionalism. It was a complete waste of my time and I won’t be doing this again.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Hershey?
  • What are you looking for in a company?
  • Explain how you convinced a key team member to move forward with a decision they originally were not onboard for.
1 person found this interview helpful