TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 103 of over 103 interviews

Interviews at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission)

Positive70%
Recruitment Agency4%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON

Application

I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) (Vaughan, ON)

Interview

Feb 15 - applied Feb 21 - job posting closed Mar 11 - got a call for interview Mar 18 - had a virtual interview Generally interviews are a conversation, but this was extremely structured, very stale and dry. Just straight questions and answers, not a single comment on my answers. It took 1:15 hrs to ask about 20 questions and the whole time their heads were down, writing something. I wasn’t sure if they were even listening. I felt that they didn’t care about my answers as if they already had someone else for the position and my interview was just a formality to meet some kind of requirement. I was told that I would hear back in about 2-3 weeks. April 4 - I was advised that I didn’t get the job

Interview Questions
  • Questions were based on job description
    1 Answer

TTC (Toronto Transit Commission)

Application

I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission)

Interview

Simple 5 STAR questions on phone. If you answer them with example from your previous work experience you will get conditional offer.Dont forget to give examples from your previous job and life.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with people with disabilities?

TTC (Toronto Transit Commission)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview was around 30 minutes. There were a good mix of basic behavioural and tell me about yourself questions (strengths and weaknesses). Some of the questions require critical and creative thinking.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2022

Interview

Got connected by hiring manager, did a hour long interview and never got a feedback back via email or phone. Interviewed candidate at least deserve a reply. This leave a bitter taste and impact TTC reputation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TTC (Toronto Transit Commission)

Application

I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission)

Interview

Everything went so great. Great people to work. Great company. Great boss. Fairly paid salary. Perfect place to bring your dream in and expand it with your work. Nice place to join.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Unconventional. Standard behavioral questions with a few situational type questions. The interview was not very conversational, but more so just read/answer a question. There were a 2 interviewers who didn't talk much, but were happy to answer questions if you had any.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflicts with a team member?
2 people found this interview helpful

TTC (Toronto Transit Commission)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) in Nov 2021

Interview

Just asked about technical background like what technologies I have used, whether I have used xyz, what I want to do as well as basic behavioural questions like why do you want to work for us?

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experience with this? Are you open to learning about this?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

Interview

Initial testing is just like a GATB test. The interview was about an hour long. Most of the questions were about giving examples of your past experiences on how you handle situation.

Interview Questions
  • Give examples of how you used conflict resolution, leadership, and etc
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

Interview

It was pretty behavioral based and they asked questions about previous work experiences and education. It took around 20 minutes on a video call and two interviewers were nothing down all the answers.

Interview Questions
  • -Three qualities that a station collector should have -How has your education/past work experiences prepared you for this position? -What did you do given this situation?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2021

Interview

An interview lasts about 1 hour. There were two interviewers and there was only one round. The atmosphere was very nice during the interview. It took about one week to get a result.

Interview Questions
  • Q1. Do you have any relative in this company? Q2. What is your favorite project? Q3. Describe a situation of the emergency and how you reacted?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 103 Interviews

TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) as 71.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.84 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Summer Student and Operator rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Transit Operator and Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) takes an average of 70 days when considering 112 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Summer Student had the quickest hiring process (on average 63 days), whereas Operator roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 222 days).

Common stages of the interview process at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) according to 112 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 17.52%