TMX Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

TMX Group Interview Questions

Interviews at TMX Group

2.8

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TMX Group (Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process were okay but the time to have a definitive response were awfully long.

1 video call with RH : we reviewed my resume, my motivation for the job and the organization, and salary expectation.
    1 Face to face interview with RH, Risk Team Lead and TMX's Risk Manager : Resume review, motivation for the organization and the job, a few behavioral questions and also technical questions.
    After that they keep emailing me every 2-3 weeks that there are still very interested by my profile but needed to talk to all the candidates that screened before making a decisions. 2 months after my face to face interview, I've only received a BOT EMAIL telling me that I wasn't considered for the position. WHAT A SCAM ...

Interview Questions

• What's the Delta of an in-the-money Put ?   1 Answer
    • Other Technical questions included :
      VaR methods calculation ?
      Options versus Futures?
      Options pricing methods?
       the GREEKS?
      What kind of risks are the CDCC confronted to as opposed to a conventional buy or sell side in an investment transactions ?   Answer Question
    • Behavioral questions included :
      How do you cope with stress? What motivate and demotivate you ? Usual strength and weakness .. ?   1 Answer

Software Developer New Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TMX Group in March 2019.

Interview

First applied online and got picked for a phone screen, then I was told to be prepared for a remote technical interview. The phone interview was easy, just some basic questions regarding my past experience, why did I choose this company blah blah.

Interview Questions

• My past experience, my target role in this company, my salary expectation.   Answer Question

Trust Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group.

Interview

It was a three stage interview. HR and interviewers were professional and very pleasant. First was a phone screen, a 1:1, then a group interview. The interviews were relaxed, though they did ask all the relevant technical and behavioural questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview. Then two panel interviews. Asked general questions about my experience dealing with issues, problem personality, ambiguity. It was gereral but they did want to hear about specific examples at times.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON) in March 2018.

Interview

After the initial phone screening I was invited to a first interview. I found this interview to be friendly with the Hiring Manager asking most of the generic interview questions rather than the Manager. From there I was invited to a further interview with the Head of Marketing and then to a 3rd and final interview with the CMO.

And then silence.

After hearing nothing back, despite a lengthy process taking over a MONTH, involving 3 interviews and meeting with the CMO (which is usually just a sign off on the hire) I had to ring THEM to get an update on the role where I was told I was not successful.

They offered no useful feedback as to why, instead palming me off with a generic template answer. This is rude and disrespectful to my time.

After wasting a month and not offering anything constructive I could take away from the process and the time I spent, I think very poorly of TMX Group and would recommend avoiding this company.

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON) in March 2018.

Interview

HR scheduled a meeting with hiring manager, line, direct report. I reported for the interview at their location in downtown Toronto. Interestingly I was 10 minutes late but called ahead and asked to convey that I was looking for parking. The hiring manager was very understanding.

Interview Questions

• technical questions such as how would you handle this research assignment, where do you look, how do you prepare, etc.   1 Answer
    • On behalf of HR, i was asked where i see myself in 5 years   1 Answer
    • Written test (handwritten). question was what was the biggest challenge you have ever faced and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON) in October 2017.

Interview

Took approximately 3 weeks. Talent acquisition does a quick screening call before you're considered for an on-site panel interview. Panel interview consists of supervisor and director. Overall a very pleasant and smooth experience.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON) in May 2017.

Interview

Standard questions with 2 additional rounds with senior executives. HR asked the standard behaviour questions and didn't really know the business so I didn't get to go into detail to know what I was getting myself into.

Interview Questions

• Strategy questions which were private and confidential.
      How do you lead a team and inspire change?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON) in October 2016.

Interview

This is one of the least impressive interviews I've ever been on.
    Most communication was done via email, not by phone...that was a red flag.
    No response after the interview then I received a canned email response with incomplete statements and grammar errors, two weeks later. The email was the type you receive after responding to an online ad....they were not bothered to develop an email response specifically for candidates they have interviewed.
    Major ref flag.....I left the interview with the sense the position was not definite.
    I honestly did not expect to get a response and shocked they sent the canned response meant for online applications....I did not apply online!

Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON) in March 2016.

Interview

2 rounds interviews. First is a call with HR. Second is a call with hr and management team which includes analysts, managers and director. Half technical half behavior like questions

Interview Questions

• how did you handle a difficult task at a prior job?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.