TMX Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 25 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at TMX Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2022

Interview

Had three rounds. First started off with human resources contact getting a general understand of the position, then hiring manager with questions and answers, then hiring manager and consultant with technical interview. This was probably the one of the worst interviews I've ever had. Found it weird that the manager mentioned about working with the contract guy as being a fit, as it sounded dysfunctional. When the 3rd interview occurred, the technical contract guy started off asking questions definition questions that you could formally define if you just graduated from a computer science program. Such information is really important to know, if you've worked in the field for a couple decades. Found his attitude arrogant, condescending, and unfriendly. Went on how many lines of code he written; was in awe with himself. Would have no intention of working there, even if offered position.

Interview Questions
  • What is a memory leak
    Answer Question

TMX Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group

Interview

the interviewer made me feel very calm. the company general is very organized and you usually hear back after a couple of days after you interview. make sure you are prepared for general interview questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=TMX Group~253907
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON)

Interview

There were 3 levels of interviews: HR interview, next was a technical interview then a final 3rd round technical interview. HR Interview was okay which also involved asking for salary requirements. The 2nd and 3rd round of interviews were difficult. After the 3rd round of interviews, I did not hear back from this employer for a while. Advice: If the employer did not feel you were qualified after the 1st technical interview there should not be a third round of technical interviews. Also, I felt the questions related to asking for salary requirements was to have free information concerning competitive intelligence. I will not apply for this company again. A big name company I felt was not honest in the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • What are your salary requirement? Questions concerning how much you know about the company. Technical questions concerning specific role.
4 people found this interview helpful

TMX Group

Application

I interviewed at TMX Group

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. Interviewed in person by one person who asked standard questions and offered the job on the spot. It was not a very long process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

The HR invited me for an interview for twice and I replied to his invitation email. However, he didn’t contact me in the next two weeks even though I wrote another two emails to remind him. No messages replied at all. Then, suddenly one day, I received the rejection email and of course it’s a automatic one. That’s quite a ‘funny’ experience with an HR from such a large well-known company. @management: Please kindly teach your HR to respect the candidates. This is the foundation of any sort of recruiting job or in-house HR job. Your HR is creating terribly unforgettable experience which will make candidates depressed.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding past experiences that is associated with the internship position l was applying for? And some general behavioral questions.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2020

Interview

Overall, the interview process was very well-organized with very respectful and considerate individuals. It did take a long time though — from the time I sent my application in to when the interview process ended and they chose someone for the position, it took about two months. This could partially be because the hiring manager was away for two weeks in the middle of the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • What would you say is the most important part about an Intranet?

TMX Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group in Jul 2020

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. A phone screening by HR. First interview with the HR and the hiring manager. The final round with the entire team. The entire process was very pleasant. I felt like my time and effort is respect by HR, the hiring manager and the team.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Asked more details about different risks a CCP is exposed to

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreuil, Ile-de-France

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at TMX Group (Montreuil, Ile-de-France) in Aug 2019

Interview

The interview process were okay but the time to have a definitive response were awfully long. 1 video call with RH : we reviewed my resume, my motivation for the job and the organization, and salary expectation. 1 Face to face interview with RH, Risk Team Lead and TMX's Risk Manager : Resume review, motivation for the organization and the job, a few behavioral questions and also technical questions. After that they keep emailing me every 2-3 weeks that there are still very interested by my profile but needed to talk to all the candidates that screened before making a decisions. 2 months after my face to face interview, I've only received a BOT EMAIL telling me that I wasn't considered for the position. WHAT A SCAM ...

Interview Questions
  • What's the Delta of an in-the-money Put ?
  • Other Technical questions included : VaR methods calculation ? Options versus Futures? Options pricing methods? the GREEKS? What kind of risks are the CDCC confronted to as opposed to a conventional buy or sell side in an investment transactions ?
  • Behavioral questions included : How do you cope with stress? What motivate and demotivate you ? Usual strength and weakness .. ?
1 person found this interview helpful

TMX Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group

Interview

It was a three stage interview. HR and interviewers were professional and very pleasant. First was a phone screen, a 1:1, then a group interview. The interviews were relaxed, though they did ask all the relevant technical and behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TMX Group (Toronto, ON) in Dec 2018

Interview

pleasant manager and HR representative. One interview on the phone and one in person. Process was smooth and took about 4 weeks. No referrals, has a good remote working set up. Very good company to work for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Interviews