Skybox Labs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Skybox Labs

Skybox Labs

Application

I interviewed at Skybox Labs

Interview

We connected by Email and then we had a 20 minites prelinary call. I haven't received an interview notice yet. Very good experience. HR was very friendly. . . . . .

Interview Questions
  • Describe your project experence about...
    Answer Question

Skybox Labs

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skybox Labs in Jan 2021

Interview

The interview process is completely remote at this time. You start with a phone screen, then a technical interview, then a programming take-home assignment, and finally, a final interview. Overall a very positive experience. Everyone that works there has a upbeat and positive attitude.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Skybox Labs

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skybox Labs in Oct 2020

Interview

I have to say that the Skybox Labs interview process was one of the fairest and enjoyable processes that I have participated in the past years. I was approached by the recruiter on LinkedIn. She explained to me all about the company and what I should expect from the interview process and she put herself available to be contacted with any questions that came out. The full process involved a phone screening with the recruiter, a two-hour interview with the principal architect and a team leader, a home assignment on Hacker Rank and finally another three-hours interview with the principal architect and a team leader to talk about the assignment and with the recruiter to talk about the company's culture. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions
  • C# Box vs Unboxing (serious :P)
  • Data structures and tree algorithms questions.
  • General solution and software architecture questions.
  • What is the difference between a recursive vs interactive algorithm? What are the pros and cons of each approach?

Skybox Labs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skybox Labs

Interview

There were 3 rounds. The first one was a phone call which asked some basic background information (i.e why do you want to apply, talk about your projects, etc.), the second one was a take-home Unity assignment, and the third one was an in-person interview that was 3 hours. They asked me to code in C++, go over my solutions, and go over my assignment, then continued to interview how I worked in a team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skybox Labs (Burnaby, BC) in Jul 2020

Interview

Interviews made of 4 parts. Phone screen with HR 30 min. Then meeting a team for an hour call panel interview style. Then take home test Hackerrank 90 min with their custom tasks 1 problem to solve. Then meeting a Game Producer to go over your solutions 45mins. I think 4 rounds to hire a junior is an overkill of my and their time.

Interview Questions
  • Questions are similar to what everybody posted earlier so study those and you will be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skybox Labs (Vancouver, BC) in Mar 2020

Interview

They started off with email processes asking when you'd like a phone call interview. The Phone call interview started off with questions about yourself and your resume, followed by technical questions, and finally ended with if there were any questions about the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skybox Labs (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2020

Interview

I applied online and got an email requesting an phone interview. The phone call was about 30 minutes long. The interviewer was very kind, and it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skybox Labs (Vancouver, BC) in Sep 2019

Interview

Very pleasant experience. Everyone is very kind and eager to learn about you. Expect an HR screening phone interview then followed by a technical phone interview. If you pass both of these, you will be invited for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Skybox Labs

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skybox Labs in May 2019

Interview

Initial HR phone screen, just going over your background and resume and interest. Another interview is scheduled to ask some more behavioral questions along with C++ knowledge. Another interview is scheduled to have a coding challenge to test your C++ knowledge: fixing up broken code, coding a function, and modifying the code to look production-ready. This is followed by an group interview with the team which is longer than the first two interviews. Tour around the office and all that. The interviews were great and I had a positive experience. However they pay low for junior engineers relative to other places in the lower mainland.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in the company?
  • What do you know about Halo?
  • What is a string literal and how is it different from a regular string?
  • Say we have a game with some enemies. What would be the cost/benefits using a STL list and STL vector to store them? With regards to random access and insertion, what are the runtimes? How are both of these types implemented in the back?
  • What is the main difference between C and C++? What is the difference between new and malloc in C++?
  • What is the virtual keyword in C++? What does pure virtual mean?
  • What is memory fragmentation? What are some possible ways to prevent it best as possible?
  • You are given some starter code for a class of pokemon trading cards with a getter and setter for the names of the pokemon (which are unique). Using only C-style strings, fix up the functions. Now suppose you have an array with the pokemon cards initialized with their names. Write a function to randomize the pokemon cards array (without using STL library functions for randomization) which will be printed out afterwards. The randomization has to be as uniform as possible.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skybox Labs (Vancouver, BC) in Dec 2018

Interview

It begins with a phone interview which a background of the company was given, followed by some technical C++ questions. The on-site interview was conducted a week after, where you were assigned on two questions and you needed to solve them. Given about 30 mins per question, with no limitation on available resources. After each question, the interview team will walk through your code and ask you to answer some questions related to your code. The whole process takes about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews