Cover image for Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Silicon Valley Community Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 26 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Application

I interviewed at Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Interview

Initial screen with team lead was excellent, the team interview was stilted and dismissive. After further review, one of the interviewers was applying for the job as well. The conflict of interest was inappropriate.

Interview Questions
  • Behavior Questions and Relevant Professional Experience
    Answer Question

Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Application

I interviewed at Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Interview

Had two interviews. First interview was with HR/Recruiting team and was very helpful and informative. Second interview was with the head of the grants department. She was extremely transparent about the nature of the job, but also very understanding. Ended up not accepting the third interview based on the more in-depth description of the position

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for the Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Interview

The interview process was short. HR has some temps, so it's not as seamless as other companies with 3rd party firms handling the interviews. It could be improved by more detailed job descriptions/interview process. This would help interviewees know what the process will be like form the beginning!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Application

I interviewed at Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Interview

Not super clear process, I thought it was going to be an informal chat and ended up being a full on interview. Looking for very experienced people, not a person who can grow into the role

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Interview

3 interviews, straight forward questions. They did cancel one interview a few hours before I had to go in which wasn’t great to manage but that happens. Met with two directors and one associate after the initial phone screening

Interview Questions
  • What do you feel about the commute ? Funny now that we are all remote

Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Community Foundation in Jan 2021

Interview

This was a first round interview, that went very smoothly and positively. We talked not only about the position but the implications or relocating and the realistic expectations about the workplace.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Which of our core institutional values mean the most to you?? Q: Why do you think philanthropy is important to solving the world's toughest challenges?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Community Foundation (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

This was an initial 30-minute phone screen interview after applying online. Email follow-up later the same week from the interviewer. I believe there would have been two to three other rounds of interviews if I had advanced in the process.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer asked about my interest in the organization, the specific position, and my past professional experiences related to the specific position (i.e. interacting with UHWNI, handling a fast-paced, high-volume workload, etc.).

Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Application

I interviewed at Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Interview

Fairly straight forward questions typical of a first interview. A large focus on ability to meet their exact needs for the 3 months or so that you are there. Know how your skills can help them get through their grants process as efficiently as possible.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Application

I interviewed at Silicon Valley Community Foundation in Nov 2020

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter, they were a little short and to the point. She seemed a little more interested in hard skills and experience rather than soft skills. Straight forward experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Community Foundation (Mountain View, CA)

Interview

A recruiter had reached out to me for a position. I completed a phone interview - was brief and just an overview of the position and my interests. I then proceed to an in-person interview which consisted of back-to-back rounds with 6 different staff members. I got an email from the recruiter letting me know I received positive feedback from my in-person interview and will be hearing from the Hiring Manager for next steps. After a week with no update I reached out to the recruiter who told me we are still waiting to hear back. Next day I got a generic email saying they will not be proceeding with my application and no further explanation. I reached out to the recruiter asking for feedback and did not get a response. Before my interview I read all the negative reviews regarding the interview process - hate to say that they are true.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Interviews