Second Cup Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 30 Aug, 2018

1.8

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON) in November-2014.

Interview

Phone interview, In person interview with 2 Director of my sector and finally an interview with the VP. I was originally contacted by a recruiter whom felt I would meet the requirements the company had given them. I was not asked many questions that were relevant to my skills; they were looking more for my ability to create a rapport. At each level of the interview process, I felt like there wasn't much discussed and did not know where I would fit in as a result.

Interview Questions

• What could we do better? What has your experience been like with the company as a customer? What would you do to improve franchisee relations?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview

I sat down. The franchise owner met with me after five minutes. The franchise owners seem to identify themselves as staff instead of owners so this wait is dependent on how many customers are lined up to be served. I was offered coffee, and I accepted because it shows that you are willing to consume what you are selling to others. I was asked general questions about previous work experience but what they are really looking for is based on your appearance and their staffing needs.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?
      How did you handle a difficult workplace situation?
      What makes you a great team player?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON) in October-2014.

Interview

Talk about yourself.Ask questions about how you would handle customer issues.The interview process involved giving a resume to a general sales associate.The sales associate then went on to give the resume to the general manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview

I printed out an application and handed it in to the manager. They didn't say they were hiring, just accepting applications. A week after they called for an interview. It was a one on one with the manager. She asked basic questions like describe myself, why second cup, situational questions and we chatted. It was very chill, she started gossiping and a bit of complaining of the other employees... She told me she interviewed two other people for two open spots. She told me the boss would call me the next day for a phone interview but I never got it. A few days later I called to follow up and they said they're still interviewing.... and I'm still waiting for a call.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I was referred by a friend that I go to school with when a new store opened up and they were hiring. I had a short interview with the manager opening the store up. He asked about my interests and seemed to simply want to get to know me. I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON) in September-2015.

Interview

Just spoke with the owner and detailed my experience in sales. I was asked about my career objectives and why I wanted to work there. Also, was asked about my availability. I explained I study some days of the week during the night, it was no problem for them and I got my "ok" to be hired at the same day. After, I had to make almost 8 hours of online training before I start.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON) in December-2013.

Interview

one time interview with the store manager and she asked general questions about your experience and availability. Manager is very nice to you ,and prepare the coffee, nice talk!! and I got the offer

No Specific Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (Mississauga, ON) in January-2012.

Interview

A friend had been working at the second cup location for a few years and hooked me up with the job (she told the owner who I was and asked if I can be interviewed). I handed in my resume and received a call from the owner a day or so later. I agreed on an interview time and arrived on time the day of the interview. We sat outside his store and the owner looked through my resume & asked me a few questions. It was a very short interview and easy interview. There weren't a lot of questions. We did go through my availability thoroughly. I was hired on the spot and he asked when is the earliest I can start.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON) in December-2015.

Interview

It took me very fast only 10 mins on the interview with my store manager. After the interview, my employer called me back within 15 mins and hired me right away. I started the job within 2 days.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornhill, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (Thornhill, ON).

Interview

Went in person to drop off my resume. Got a call back quickly and promptly arranged for an interview. Very basic questions about my background such as education, work experience, future prospects... etc. Standard interview questions and questions about your enthusiasm for coffee. Very easy interview, just be on time and friendly. Interview attire is business casual.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.