ScienCell Research Laboratories Interview Questions

Updated Sep. 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 7 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ScienCell Research Laboratories

ScienCell Research Laboratories

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ScienCell Research Laboratories in Sep. 2021

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed at the Carlsbad office with James, the CEO two days later. He told me about the position and how the other people working in marketing quit within the past few weeks. He only asked me one question and did not seem to care about my resume.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of marketing experience do you have?
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScienCell Research Laboratories (Carlsbad, CA) in Nov. 2020

Interview

I came in for an in-person interview with James (the CEO). It was a very easy and quick interview, the building tour took up the most time. He asked me about my marketing experience and where I went to University. He then proceeded to tell me about the job and marketing department (looking back he only really focused on email marketing and SEO because that's all he understands). He told me the building specs, like how large the air filters were which I thought was quite random. When I asked him more marketing-specific questions he said "I don't know, I just work in the lab". Overall was a weird interview, the only reason why I took the job in the end was the actual marketing manager called me and chatted with me about the position and she seemed normal, so I took it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ScienCell Research Laboratories (Carlsbad, CA) in Dec. 2019

Interview

I prepared for the interview and the day of the interview I was really sick and was nauseous, so I emailed James that I wasn't able to make it and I would love the opportunity to reschedule it and I made sure to apologize for the late notice. The least you would expect is to get an email saying there isn't a possibility to reschedule, but he did not reply after I sent him 2 emails. Thinking about it now, I wouldn't even want to work for a person who isn't descent enough to reply to someone he saw as a potential employee. BTW, I never like to leave negative reviews and never have. In fact, I have left multiple positive reviews after I did not even get an offer from the company. Like the other comments mentioned, poor management and no respect for employees or the applicants.

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScienCell Research Laboratories (Carlsbad, CA) in Aug. 2017

Interview

Met with the quality control manager who asked typical interview questions and asked me to walk her through the process of tissue culture. Then met with the CEO. Interview process was not stressful, very casual.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScienCell Research Laboratories (Escondido, CA)

Interview

Negative experience. James, the co-founder and CEO was unprepared, and rude. Kept the interview with subjects he wanted to discuss. I suggest requesting a telephone interview before an in-person interview. It took 15 mins for someone to realize I was waiting at the front desk. All together be warned this company doesn't have it all together. Happy I was offered a position at Thermo Fisher and it wasn't for 40,000 a year.

Interview Questions
  • Explain your previous work experience. Do you have experience with cell culture?

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScienCell Research Laboratories (Carlsbad, CA) in Mar. 2017

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted for interview that very same day. Interviewed two days later. Was interviewed by James the cofounder. Didn't hear for a week, contacted them they said job went to some one else but they had another sudden opening for same position. Interviewed two days later was offered job 5 days after that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScienCell Research Laboratories (Carlsbad, CA) in Aug. 2015

Interview

It was a very standard interview process. One on one style meetings with team members followed by a tour. Not very comfortable interviewers though. Seemed unsure of questions and unprepared,

Interview Questions
  • They tested me on brands for cell culture products.
RSS Feed</>Embed