Saltgrass Steakhouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Saltgrass Steakhouse

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Saltgrass Steakhouse

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Austin, TX (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

Uh it was pretty nice overall, just a quick and simple overview of easy questions, no sweat really, I really enjoyed this interview as it gave me experience in preperation for thenext interview in my future.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Midland, TX (US)) in March-2014.

Interview

It was very laid back and I got hired immediately. I was interviewed by Eric, the general manager, and had to follow up with a week long training. The training was unfortunately inconsistent, however it was easy to get through. Multiple tests are given to ensure the accuracy of menu knowledge and communication skills.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Norman, OK (US)) in June-2011.

Interview

Very easy. Went in person and talked to a manager. Interviewed a week later and was offered a job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated which days I would work

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (San Antonio, TX (US)) in March-2017.

Interview

Once I submitted my application i was interviewed within 10 minutes. The m.o.d. was thorough, concise, and knew exactly​ what he was looking for in a hire. 5 minutes later I had my second interview and was offered a job starting training by the weekend.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a server at this restaurant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (San Antonio, TX (US)) in January-2014.

Interview

Talk to a manager on duty, wait for the manager to interview you, answer questions on availability and work history, and usually just get hired. The managers are usually busy with other things so be prepared to wait a while and do not expect professionalism, they are just trying to fill in gaps in service.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Fort Worth, TX (US)).

Interview

I came in and filled out an application on a Monday at 2pm when the restaurant was slow. The GM was able to talk to me after about 10 minutes of waiting. We went to the patio and he asked me a few interview questions, my future goals, and what I expected out of the job. He offered me a job as a server at the end of the interview and set up a time for my orientation.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous serving or restaurant experience?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Pensacola, FL (US)) in September-2016.

Interview

General questions concerning my experience, years of experience, why did I want to work there, was I flexible in scheduling, was I interested in growing in the company, would I relocate, simply a general sit down with General manager to go over there core values.

Interview Questions

• Do you know your basic liquors   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Beaumont, TX (US)) in September-2016.

Interview

The interview process was very constructive. The employer asked very relevant questions that centered around my performance. It was also very encouraging hearing about the different opportunities throughout the company. I love the benefits. saltgrass is part of the Laundry's Corporation so your benefits include dining, hotels, and casinos.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Saltgrass?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Pearland, TX (US)) in June-2014.

Interview

Very simple. They ask for your availability, why you want to work there, if you can handle multiple duties. You also have to take a food/drink exam every week that you are training. You serve the manager at the end and that's how you officially become hired.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (San Antonio, TX (US)) in September-2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two individual interviews. My initial meeting was with the AGM of the store. He asked questions pertaining to my previous job. Questions included but were not limited to, what were a few things you liked about your past job, what were some things that functioned well at your previous job etc. the second interview was a one on one with the GM. Similar questions were asked. Some new questions included what does Saltgrass's core value of (insert value here) mean to you. How would you handle a situation such as (insert situation)?

Interview Questions

• The only question I can recall taking a second to think about was, "What do you feel you will bring to our team, to help it become better?" Although it wasn't a very difficult question, it was one I needed to take a second to gather my thoughts before answering. This is a job serving tables, so the questions were not out of the ordinary!   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.