RS Energy Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

RS Energy Group Interview Questions

Interviews at RS Energy Group

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RS Energy Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

I was initially contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn. I applied online, afterwards had an initial screen with the recruiter, followed by a phone screen with some general Python questions (especially about the GIL), followed by an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a Python dictionary mapping letters to morse code, i.e. morse = {'a': '.-', 'b': '-...', etc}, write a function that takes a given string input and returns whether the morse code representation of that string is a palindrome   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant/Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RS Energy Group (Plymouth Meeting, PA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Very easy process. I met with management and the CCO. Both incredibly easy to talk to. Received my offer same. It was the best interview I ever had. Best job ever.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RS Energy Group (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews - 2 with the CRO and 1 with the Sales Director.

Very professional. They challenged me on my experience, sales tactics, previous sales successes, and how I interact in a high pressure conversation. First part of the process was a sales exam you take online before meeting anyone. If you meet expectations there, they will bring you in and challenge you on the parts of the sales process and your personality in which you scored low. It was a tough interview process which for me made it one of the best interview experiences I've had. It won't be for everyone. If you aren't comfortable sitting down with a C-level executive and challenging him on his conversation points, you won't do well in this interview or in this role.

Interview Questions

• You scored low on a certain part of the sales process exam. (For example: negotiating) Why? What problems have you had negotiating and what are you doing to get better?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Interview

The first interview was an online video interview where I had to record my answers to the questions on the screen. I was allowed a few tries to record each answer. It took a while to complete all the questions.
    I was called back next day and asked to come in for an in-person interview. I thought the interview went well, the interviewer seemed impressed with my experience. We talked for about an hour. The person I had an interview with held at a high level position at the company. He told me he was going to set up another meeting with me and the team. A few days later he left a voicemail asking me to call back. I was driving when I got the call but I called back within an hour and tried later in the day. I was not able to reach the interviewer so I left a voice mail and sent an email asking when it would be a good time to talk. The interview never returned my call, nether did he reply to my follow up email. I didn't get any answer from the company either after going through the interview process. It's expected that after candidates invest their time for an in-person interview they should be given some sort of response from the company. The lack of communication after our discussion was not professional and made a bad impression on me.

Geology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RS Energy Group (Calgary, AB) in October 2019.

Interview

Three step process:

1. Record answers to two questions online (Why do you want to work for RSEG; What is your preferred management style)
    2. In person interview with several (3) RSEG geoscientists
    3. Group interview. All the applicants for open positions come at the same time to RSEG HQ and basically stand around drinking beers and talking to RSEG employees as they filter in. Punctuated by a 15 min interview with two higher ranking employees. Quite an awkward experience from the applicant's perspective as significant chunks of time will be spent small talking with other people vying for the same job.

Interview process seems somewhat preferential to extroverted ladder-climbing types. If you currently have a job, be prepared to take off ~6 hours of work time and fork over $50 if you have to park nearby. Also be prepared to be ghosted if you didn't make the cut.

Interview Questions

• "We work 10-12 hours a day which can make things stressful from time-to-time... What do you do to blow off stress?"

They also gave us a contour map with some colours, and no other details, and asked us how we might go about interpreting it.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

I got a phone interview with HR, but it looked like they already had someone for the advertised position. The interviewer was not interested at all and finished the call soon. Very unprofessional interview process. Do not waste your time applying and interviewing with this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RS Energy Group (Calgary, AB) in July 2018.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews

First was an online video interview with an excel test.

Second was in-person interview at the Calgary office.

Third and final interview was a two-day group interview. The first day entailed presentations, interviews with asset teams, and a social event. On the last day, they bring you in early, feed you, and while you wait to interview with the C-suits, asset teams will come in and present/ chat about their time at the company.

Overall it was a great experience. Strong corporate culture. Everyone I interacted with seem genuine and engaged.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the rest of the day?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RS Energy Group in April 2018.

Interview

get a phone interview after hr, the interviewers were not interested at all, finished the call quickly before the time was up. I knew I did't get it before we finished the phone call. It was not a great experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RS Energy Group (Calgary, AB) in January 2018.

Interview

after sending in resume received a viral interview in which one has to answer prerecorded questions. most questions are HR type. interviewee has the option to rerecord up to four times

Interview Questions

• when have you dealt with a difficult employee and how did you deal with the conflict   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RS Energy Group (Calgary, AB) in September 2017.

Interview

Video interview. 5 questions you record yourself answering followed by Excel test. Overall very generic questions and Excel quiz tests you on knowledge of common functions within finance.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.