R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions

Updated 27 Aug, 2015

2.6

Communications Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in February-2013.

Interview

There were several phone interviews, an email interview and several Skype interviews with different senior managers. It was not atypical but still a long and somewhat confusing process as different managers in different parts of the company wanted to check in with me and then with each other.

Interview Questions

• It was quite specific because this was a new project. Questions about branding, copy writing, project management, professionalism.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I asked for 10K more than they offered which is what I was making at my prior full time job. I was successful.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

Met one on one with dept. managers. I believe it was offsite, over lunch. once passed this step, then was run through an onsite interview with the Dept Manager. Answered a series of questions on situation. Then a one on one interview with HR Mananger.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Digital Graphics Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Elgin, IL (US)).

Interview

It is nothing more than a standard interview. No surprises and takes a long time to hear back. HR is nothing more than a drone to cover RRD's back.

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online and took a week to hear back. Had phone screen with an HR. HR did not ask any productive questions. Did not feel the person asked any skills or knowledge that related to the job. Also, the questions they asked are too general and too broad. It only took 10 mins.

Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

interviewing process is friendly but tricky many questions are asked that are not traditional. a confident but not cocky attitude is the best way to answer and be relaxed. the staff is very nice and warm but it may take a long time before they get back to you

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Mandaluyong City (Philippines)) in July-2015.

Interview

It was very easy. So many exams though. There's this exam wherein you'll have to spot errors. It's very easy but it tested my patience as well. HR interview was easy as well, Manager interview was average.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you don't wanna start at 19k, don't apply. However if you wanna have a normal life (dayshift and weekends off) then this is for you!

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Warrenville, IL (US)) in July-2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and I found everyone very pleasant and helpful. Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with hiring manager, and an in person interview at their office with hiring manager, his boss, and someone from the team I was applying to be a part of

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role, Why are you looking to change, technical questions (for IT)   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willard, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Willard, OH (US)) in June-2015.

Interview

Good questions, respectful interviewers, gave time to formulate a quality answers, were interested to make you comfortable with the process and company. Explained the culture of the company, so you could see if you would fit in.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring that could benefit the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They presented a fair offer, there was little back and forth due to the fairness of the offer.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

Spoke to an HR employee over the telephone. Had a good conversation about 15 minutes talking about past experiences in work and capabilities. She was proper and asked typical but good questions as an employer should.

Lead Press Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

Talked w/ COO and department manager? Plant tour, spoke with current employèes. Shown all departments in process for finishing jobs. Met HR to be told benefits and company policy and SOPs. Entire process took in all aspects of customer expectations and quality printing. All in all interview went well. Lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• Years of exp. on machine in job desription.   1 Answer